Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Going to sound like a complete idoit.

Going to sound like a complete idoit.

Old Jun 2nd 2013, 9:34 am
Just Joined

keith999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Going to sound like a complete idoit.

Ok here goes, broke up with aussie wife last year, went back to the uk, after a while we both realized we'd made a mistake. Been trying to work out ways for me to come back and its been over a year. She first of all bought me a one way ticket, I bottled it, changed the date then never got on the flight so she lost 1300 dollers.

So then I bought a return ticket and bottled it at the last minute, 1000 pounds down the drain. Apart from a kick up the ass and a lobotomy will the immigration when I return think I am a little odd wasting airline tickets or does that kind of thing not bother them.
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 10:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going to sound like a complete idoit.

Immigration wouldnt have a clue whether you used a ticket or not. You do know that if you are proposing to do the same thing again you can ask the airline to refund your tax component of your fare if you dont use it.
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 11:17 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Do you still have a valid visa? Immigration will probably care about that.
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 11:18 am
Just Joined

Thanks, we rowed got divorced then after being involved with other people we suddenly realized that we loved each other and made a stupid mistake.
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 11:20 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keith999
Thanks, we rowed got divorced then after being involved with other people we suddenly realized that we loved each other and made a stupid mistake.
Best you move to Queensland,you'll fit right in
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 11:20 am
Just Joined

Yes Im a perm resident and my Resident return label is valued until sept 2014. Soon as I get back Im taking aussie citzenship. i lived in Australia for 12 years. Being back in the uk is a real shock to the system.
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 11:29 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Im a perm resident and my Resident return label is valued until sept 2014. Soon as I get back Im taking aussie citzenship. i lived in Australia for 12 years. Being back in the uk is a real shock to the system.
I don't think you sound like an idiot at all, just human. Just wanted to wish you good luck
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 11:31 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Go for it mate and best of luck
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Soon as I get back Im taking aussie citzenship. i lived in Australia for 12 years.
I hate to rain on your parade, but you won't be getting citizenship for a minimum of 3 years, given that, according to your other posts, you have been out of Australia for a year. You need to have spent 3 out of the previous 4 years in Australia and 9 of the previous 12 months to qualify.

Other than that, I wish you luck with your reconciliation with Mrs Keith.
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

BASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Best you move to Queensland,you'll fit right in
The Gold Coast immediately came to mind
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 5:01 am
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute

This time don't get married, just live over't brush.
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 8:44 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spuddyo
This time don't get married, just live over't brush.
I haven't heard that one for a while!
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 6:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Idiot? Kind of, but no way you're an idoit, that's a whole different level of stupid
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

Well seeing as the general consensus is I am a plank for missing two flights I may as well make my self useful and give a review of the UK compared to Australia. Public transport is bloody awful, expensive and never on time, the traffic is a joke, the people are pretty bloody gloomy, the weather is awful BUT the supermarkets are great and they sell DR Pepper, junk food is crazy cheap.
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Well seeing as the general consensus is I am a plank for missing two flights I may as well make my self useful and give a review of the UK compared to Australia. Public transport is bloody awful, expensive and never on time, the traffic is a joke, the people are pretty bloody gloomy, the weather is awful BUT the supermarkets are great and they sell DR Pepper, junk food is crazy cheap.
You'll find public transport heaps cheaper if you actually use the ticket.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.