Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Going Back After 6 months

Going Back After 6 months

Old Jan 18th 2009, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of
Default Going Back After 6 months

Hi to all

Gave it a go, have just emailed my resignation letter in, am gutted now and will be back in uk in a week .

Thanks to everyones help and good luck to all, sometimes things just dont work out but I love Perth

Mick
Old Jan 18th 2009, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going Back After 6 months

Originally Posted by mickagnew
Hi to all

Gave it a go, have just emailed my resignation letter in, am gutted now and will be back in uk in a week .

Thanks to everyones help and good luck to all, sometimes things just dont work out but I love Perth

Mick
Hi Mick,
I to gave it a go,for 0ver 25 yrs in fact!I've been back in the UK now for a few years and life could'nt be better.I could go back to Oz at anytime,but I just don't want to!Its boring compared to the UK.My OH and I have a vibrant,exciting,cultural,happy life here and everytime I speak/email my family in Oz,and ask them what they've been up to of late?They reply "Nothing much"Pretty much sums up the place.Make the most of your life Mick,its too short!Feel free to email/pm me ok?Good luck and a warm welcome awaits to the land of the living!!!
Old Jan 18th 2009, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Mick for having tried but it's a shame it wasn't right for you. It takes a brave person to go and an even braver one to come back again. If it's any consolation, I have heard many a time on here that when you do return, you look at things with completely different eyes and appreciate it here more than when you went out which can only be good.
Best of luck for the future
Lorraine
Old Jan 18th 2009, 8:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry it hasnt worked out for you Mick - still, there has to be a silver lining in every cloud. As Lorraine said, you will probably go back to UK with different eyes and see all its good bits as well as all its warts.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 8:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi to all

Mick

Sorry to hear that Mick. I think you're a wonderful man for going back for your wife, I hope that it all works out for you
Old Jan 18th 2009, 8:37 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi to all

Mick
Sorry to hear that. At least you're returning to a known entity and will be able to pick up where you left off fairly easily.

Originally Posted by Wendy
Sorry to hear that Mick. I think you're a wonderful man for going back for your wife, I hope that it all works out for you
Ah. We have that pact too. We said all along that if any of us really started to hate the place, we'd all head back to the UK. I think it's one of those ground-rules you need to establish from the get-go.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

I sincerely hope it all works out for you.
S xx
Old Jan 19th 2009, 10:51 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Hi to all

Mick
I hope things work out well for you
Old Jan 19th 2009, 11:12 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to you Mick. Hope the future is good to you and yours.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 11:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch

Ah. We have that pact too. We said all along that if any of us really started to hate the place, we'd all head back to the UK. I think it's one of those ground-rules you need to establish from the get-go.
I told my old man he can go back anytime he likes...so long as he doesn't think I'm going too*

*closes page before OH sees that*
Old Jan 19th 2009, 11:44 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Hi to all

Mick
Tough decision but the right one I hope for you. Best of luck.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

I told my old man he can go back anytime he likes...so long as he doesn't think I'm going too*

heheh me too!
Old Jan 19th 2009, 8:21 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

It didnt occur to me to have a pact..

Good luck with everything to OP.. you gave it a go and atleast you are living life instead of sitting around thinking "what if"...

Em x
Old Jan 20th 2009, 12:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Syedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond repute

Hi to all

Mick

I guess the first few months are the hardest... As I am finding it out myself...

Anyway, I do wish you all the best mate...You can always say that you did try it and it wasn't for you...

We have a pact in place too...

It can be soo lonely to be a migrant!!
Old Jan 20th 2009, 12:53 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

When we first moved overseas 9 years ago I was desperately miserable in the first 6 months. My husband wouldn't even listen to me moaning and crying and kept telling me I was pathetic (I was one of those saddos that missed Tesco!), definitely no pact in our house. With hindsight although it seemed harsh to those outside looking in it worked and I sorted myself out and settled.

Mick, sorry it hasn't worked out for you guys, wishing you luck for the future.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.