Wikiposts

Go England! !

Old Jun 18th 2014, 11:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Go England! !

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
you can't really make comparisons like that though, different day, different circumstances and thought processes, plus the fact that the world champions seem to have turned to shit. It was a good solid performance from Aus, and they played to the best of their ability against a team with more ability, and there's no shame in losing a game like that whatsoever. If England go out in the same fashion I'll be happy
Association is a game where lots of things do happen on the day - I don't know much about it - but I have noticed that people for whom Association is not their No 1 game do tend to judge teams in a black and white way....they beat them and they beat us...blah - it doesn't necessarily work out that way...

As for The Netherlands...I've always seem them as another England...sort of not quite in the Top Tier ...but I am being unkind..if anything, their record is better: 3 World Cup Finals and at least one Semi! Of course, if you rank like Gold, Silver And Bronze then 1 World Cup is better than 3 Finals - but respect to the Dutch.

Bit of trivia: incidentally, England has lost a lot of penalty shootouts - but as a matter of fact, Italy have lost the same amount in World Cups - on the trot in 3 Cups, too I think.
Old Jun 18th 2014, 12:44 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Well done to Aussie for taking it to Holland but it was always going to be a bridge too far (pun intended)
Old Jun 18th 2014, 1:49 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Association is a game where lots of things do happen on the day - I don't know much about it - but I have noticed that people for whom Association is not their No 1 game do tend to judge teams in a black and white way....they beat them and they beat us...blah - it doesn't necessarily work out that way...

Whether you think you know much about it or not, you're smack on, and that is how the world cup should be. If it was like conkers then Holland would be world champs now
Old Jun 18th 2014, 6:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

you can't really make comparisons like that though, different day, different circumstances and thought processes, plus the fact that the world champions seem to have turned to shit. It was a good solid performance from Aus, and they played to the best of their ability against a team with more ability, and there's no shame in losing a game like that whatsoever. If England go out in the same fashion I'll be happy
HOLLAND beat Spain 5-1 and Australia gave HOLLAND a good game. Even the pundits on UK commentary said they have played very well in both games. Chile are miles and away the best '3rd team' in any group. Performances have well exceeded my expectations.
Old Jun 18th 2014, 7:09 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

The Aus v Spain game is going to be interesting

Both playing for pride - which Aus has and Spain doesn't at the moment
Old Jun 18th 2014, 7:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Whether you think you know much about it or not, you're smack on, and that is how the world cup should be. If it was like conkers then Holland would be world champs now
;-)

But Aus still did well...alarm set for 5am..
Old Jun 19th 2014, 8:41 am
Account Closed

;-)

But Aus still did well...alarm set for 5am..
I support Engand, I support West Ham, and I support Australia - so why I love football so much if truly beyond me. kin Suarez again, bollocks
Old Jun 19th 2014, 10:21 am
Proudly Deplorable

Oh dear
Old Jun 19th 2014, 10:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Oh dear
It's seemingly not so bad - Italy just to win their next games, and for England to win their last.
But Costa Rica also have a nice 3 PD goal advantage over Uruquay.

Last edited by BadgeIsBack; Jun 19th 2014 at 10:54 am.
Old Jun 19th 2014, 6:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

It's seemingly not so bad - Italy just to win their next games, and for England to win their last.
But Costa Rica also have a nice 3 PD goal advantage over Uruquay.

It is bad Badge, because the performance today was worse than woeful... they dont deserve to go through. If they do, it will be at the expense of teams who have tried harder and a free get out of jail card courtesy of the Italians, no self respecting supporter or football lover will want that.
Old Jun 19th 2014, 6:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
It is bad Badge, because the performance today was worse than woeful... they dont deserve to go through. If they do, it will be at the expense of teams who have tried harder and a free get out of jail card courtesy of the Italians, no self respecting supporter or football lover will want that.
I agree.... I find myself almost wanting Cost Rica to turn us over in the final game as that might mean it knocks Uruguay and Suarez out. Uruguay might need a favour from England yet.

You are right though, England don't deserve to go through and will rightly be on their way home after next Tuesdays final group game.
Old Jun 19th 2014, 6:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Englands current state comes down to a foreign league... Aka the Premier (SKY) league infesting and contaminating football in England..... All that young English talent keeping benches warm, or worse floundering in the reserves on wages higher than the Championship teams can afford.. tis tragic and sad.

The sooner people wake up the better.
Old Jun 19th 2014, 6:25 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Englands current state comes down to a foreign league... Aka the Premier (SKY) league infesting and contaminating football in England..... All that young English talent keeping benches warm, or worse floundering in the reserves on wages higher than the Championship teams can afford.. tis tragic and sad.

The sooner people wake up the better.
yes yes and yes again, get rid of the foreign players, and start with Giggs
Old Jun 19th 2014, 6:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

yes yes and yes again, get rid of the foreign players, and start with Giggs

LOL... there is a place for the Celts, unfortunately, just on the basis a fair few of their supporters travel to the games.

The PL and FA need to get their heads together, send a study group to Germany and work out how it should be done.
Old Jun 19th 2014, 6:29 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by OzTennis
HOLLAND beat Spain 5-1 and Australia gave HOLLAND a good game. Even the pundits on UK commentary said they have played very well in both games. Chile are miles and away the best '3rd team' in any group. Performances have well exceeded my expectations.
Now come on, you're better than the Aussie press surely, be happy that you gave it your all, why need the validation of UK pundits? Each game should be taken on its own merits as said earlier, it's not conkers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.