Glass Pool Fencing

Old Sep 8th 2007, 6:40 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Glass Pool Fencing

I have also put this on Britvics:

Has anyone had glass fencing put in around their pool and if so could you recommend the company? Also, if it is not too much information, an idea as to cost?

Many thanks.

PS - We are probably looking at around 17 metres

Last edited by Vanessa; Sep 8th 2007 at 7:04 am.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 7:09 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Glass Pool Fencing

Originally Posted by Vanessa

Has anyone had glass fencing put in around their pool and if so could you recommend the company? Also, if it is not too much information, an idea as to cost?

Many thanks.
Vanessa,

We are currently awaiting quotes for both a pool fence and floor to ceiling glass bathroom doors. Cannot comment on costs/quality yet.

The lady taking the details seemed very knowledgeable at this place: www.clearlyframeless.com.au

Perhaps this site may lead you to other suppliers also for additional quotes?
http://www.completehome.com.au/pools

The details of the other places I enquired with are at work so will need too await Monday.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Vanessa,

We are currently awaiting quotes for both a pool fence and floor to ceiling glass bathroom doors. Cannot comment on costs/quality yet.

The lady taking the details seemed very knowledgeable at this place: www.clearlyframeless.com.au

Perhaps this site may lead you to other suppliers also for additional quotes?
http://www.completehome.com.au/pools

The details of the other places I enquired with are at work so will need too await Monday.
Many thanks for that. I have no idea as to cost either and I am not sure if I am going to have to sit down when I see the quote!
Old Sep 8th 2007, 7:21 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks for that. I have no idea as to cost either and I am not sure if I am going to have to sit down when I see the quote!
17 metres? I can't remember the quote we had last year but you will definitely need to be sitting down when you get the figures
Old Sep 8th 2007, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20
17 metres? I can't remember the quote we had last year but you will definitely need to be sitting down when you get the figures

I will leave the opening of this to the OH then. He keeps on tell me to keep my beak out as the garden is his domain, as he had no say on the interior (he has no taste - except for his choice of wife )
Old Sep 8th 2007, 7:46 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I just clicked on the cheap fencing ad at the bottom of the page and they have 900mm x 1200mm high glass fencing for $110 inc gst each. I know that is cheap. I have a vague recollection of $200 a sheet but what that included I have no idea.

We were going to do just one 10 metre length just between the veranda and the pool area but decided not to because it would have made the veranda too hot - less breezes coming in and just not worth the expense in our situation. Every situation is different though. Have fun.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks.

Apparently it's not too cheap............ but it does look sleek and looks the part.

Only down side to it according to folk I know who have installed it............ birds have trouble detecting it's there and they tend to fly into at full speed.

Makes a bit of a mess.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by Bobcat
Apparently it's not too cheap............ but it does look sleek and looks the part.

Only down side to it according to folk I know who have installed it............ birds have trouble detecting it's there and they tend to fly into at full speed.

Makes a bit of a mess.
Another job for the OH then. As he has said, the garden is his domain, then I guess that means weeding, looking after the pool (once in!) and clearing up any dead birds that may have flown into our 'wall'

It needs to be glass in our instance as it goes right across the garden and it would spoil the view from inside the house or even outside for that matter.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 8:22 am
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bobcat

Makes a bit of a mess.
Bet it gets nice and dirty and you'll have to clean it almost daily for it to staylooking sleek though.

Bird prints and water marks

Jen
Old Sep 8th 2007, 8:35 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JenJen
Bet it gets nice and dirty and you'll have to clean it almost daily for it to staylooking sleek though.

Bird prints and water marks

Jen
Apparently the new products are self cleaning
Old Sep 8th 2007, 8:36 am
Account Closed

Apparently the new products are self cleaning
LMAO.

They should be standard on houses then
Can you get crockery and cutlery thats self cleaning yet????
Old Sep 8th 2007, 8:39 am
Has left the building

Originally Posted by JenJen
LMAO.

They should be standard on houses then
Can you get crockery and cutlery thats self cleaning yet????
Yes

Well known in most greek households
Old Sep 8th 2007, 8:40 am
Account Closed

Yes

Well known in most greek households
LMAO i love it. I wish I was greek lol.
I've heard at Greek weddings alot fo the gifts are dinner sets lolll
Old Sep 8th 2007, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks.

Hi Vanessa. As others have said it's not cheap, but in my opinion well worth it. Just to give you an idea of cost, we had 12 metres put in, and it came to just under 4 grand.