Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

give the other half and the kids an extra kiss tonight...

give the other half and the kids an extra kiss tonight...

Old Mar 9th 2006, 11:35 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: give the other half and the kids an extra kiss tonight...

Originally Posted by biggy
come oan ffs whits happened

peeps involved will probably let you all know in due course whats going on ...
its certainly not my place to say.....

i just want everyone to remember how precious your loved ones are and to cherish that love ... not that you all need reminding of course
Old Mar 9th 2006, 12:08 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
peeps involved will probably let you all know in due course whats going on ...
its certainly not my place to say.....

i just want everyone to remember how precious your loved ones are and to cherish that love ... not that you all need reminding of course
I take it that the person(s) involved are BE members then???
Oh dear I hope its nothing too serious!

Claire
x
Old Mar 9th 2006, 12:36 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

dont mean to put a damper on the giggling thats going on in here today, but just heard some dreadful news about a friend (wont say who) and thier OH - just suffice to say, when you tuck the kids in bed tonight give em an extra kiss....and dont go to bed mad at your OH - make sure you give em an extra hug and tell them you love them.

thoughts going out to those who know.

sue xxx

ps sorry, dont mean to sound cryptic...

Will do

Cheers

Ginny
Old Mar 9th 2006, 2:09 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

I couldnt watch it......
One of our friends' (an ex boss) daughter was killed in the Dunblane killings. We couldn't watch it either - desperately sad, even now.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 2:57 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by herrchook
One of our friends' (an ex boss) daughter was killed in the Dunblane killings. We couldn't watch it either - desperately sad, even now.
I couldnt watch it either - now that I've got a little girl the same age as those poor children it makes it all the more real - I've just given her a nice big hug!
Old Mar 9th 2006, 5:39 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tygwyn
I couldnt watch it either - now that I've got a little girl the same age as those poor children it makes it all the more real - I've just given her a nice big hug!
I know what you mean, having kids of your own fairly changes your perspective on these things. Hubby still remembers the day of the killings - quite a few of the staff in our office had kids in that school and atmosphere was horrific as the news filtered through.

My girls and my hubby will be getting an extra tight squeeze tonight.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 5:52 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by herrchook
I know what you mean, having kids of your own fairly changes your perspective on these things. Hubby still remembers the day of the killings - quite a few of the staff in our office had kids in that school and atmosphere was horrific as the news filtered through.
I remember. I couldn't smile for months.

And today there is news that French highschoolers are being held hostage by a former teacher.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 5:59 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: give the other half and the kids an extra kiss tonight...

Originally Posted by tinkerbell
slightly off topic, but watched the Dunblane documentary last night.

after that gave both my kids a big kiss and a hug whilst they were sleeping, you just never know what is around the corner.
Amen! I had to change the channel; the Dunblane documentary was just too awful.

Anyone else catch that two-part series on NI, with the victims and perps coming face to face? Gut-wrenching stuff!
Old Mar 9th 2006, 7:57 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Will Do

Hope who ever and whatevers happened is ok!!

Life is far too short and it always takes somthing serious to make you realise!!
We all take people for granted at times!!

Take Care All

kriis xx
Old Mar 10th 2006, 4:35 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

dont mean to put a damper on the giggling thats going on in here today, but just heard some dreadful news about a friend (wont say who) and thier OH - just suffice to say, when you tuck the kids in bed tonight give em an extra kiss....and dont go to bed mad at your OH - make sure you give em an extra hug and tell them you love them.

sue xxx

Best wishes to your friend & their family Sue.

As for Dunblane its a tragic memory that will always live with me but one good thing that has recently come out of that tragedy is a young tennis star called Andy Murray.
Dunblane can look at him & feel very very proud.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 9:28 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
but one good thing that has recently come out of that tragedy is a young tennis star called Andy Murray.
Dunblane can look at him & feel very very proud.

wow....i never knew that
good for him.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 2:54 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

I remember first hearing about Dunblane....it was so tragic. I was off on mat leave with my first child, she was only 2 months old....I just sat and cried all day! Then cried again thinking about all the mums on mothers day who had lost their children. Makes me so sad even now when I think about that.
Tis truly a sad world at times.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 3:09 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

wow....i never knew that
good for him.
apparently, he hid in the headmasters office.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 3:51 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

sue xxx

I've already sent Sue a pm, but now I'm going to post on here too. I just had some scary and thought-provoking news about some dear friends - who may or may not be the same people as those Sue knows.
I just want to send them our love, and echo Sue's thoughts - never ever be afraid to tell people you love them.....don't put it off, do it now.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 8:12 am
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
I remember first hearing about Dunblane....it was so tragic. I was off on mat leave with my first child, she was only 2 months old....I just sat and cried all day! Then cried again thinking about all the mums on mothers day who had lost their children. Makes me so sad even now when I think about that.
Tis truly a sad world at times.
I couldn't believe it has been 10 years. It's still such a shocker. I remember going into our boss's office to do bits and pieces and always there in the middle of his desk was a photo of his little girl who had been shot - I could barely look at it. How on earth do parents recover from this?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.