Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Ginger pussy has left the building.....

Wikiposts

Ginger pussy has left the building.....

Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ginger pussy has left the building.....

Hurrah! am not going mad:

see thread by Annqldau: 'Hubby can't give blood' and check the link by Polly which takes you to the old thread: 'Re:Blood donation'

Glad I've cleared that up....

(Sorry Sam). x
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:59 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Hurrah! am not going mad:

see thread by Annqldau: 'Hubby can't give blood' and check the link by Polly which takes you to the old thread: 'Re:Blood donation'

Glad I've cleared that up....

(Sorry Sam). x

Well Gordon has been brought to the spotlight again.

He is demanding a new kitten.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 10:00 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I find out when I start hopefully on Monday, which is as well because at the moment I have a bad cold, swollen glands and look terrible. Reckon its the past few weeks/months catching up with me.

Spending most of the day sleeping, I need it really. By Monday I should be better.

Im going back to where I worked before but a different department. Normally I dont like going back, but I left on really good terms and got on well with everyone there.

There are already talks of organising drinks and social stuff and a couple of the girls even went to Mums funeral.

I can do without meeting new people now, and going back to familiar friends and environment will suit me.

Dose yourself up and step that step forward mate!!!

It's a hard step to take but take it you need to do!!!! it's the step of your new life!!!

No it wont be easy!!!!!! and on occasions it will be soo bloody hard!!!!!! it will be unbelievable but you need to take it

and on the point of waffling due to to much drink and i always analyse the world when i've done that (easier than sorting out your own life )
I'll go!!

PS> TWT i've tried giving you Karma for ages but it wont let me

Will try again tomorrow now!!!!
Old Jan 10th 2006, 10:05 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alan and sam
Dose yourself up and step that step forward mate!!!

It's a hard step to take but take it you need to do!!!! it's the step of your new life!!!

No it wont be easy!!!!!! and on occasions it will be soo bloody hard!!!!!! it will be unbelievable but you need to take it

and on the point of waffling due to to much drink and i always analyse the world when i've done that (easier than sorting out your own life )
I'll go!!

PS> TWT i've tried giving you Karma for ages but it wont let me

Will try again tomorrow now!!!!

I know, I need to get back to work. The counsellor said the grieving starts AFTER the funeral

Suppose it does, Im quite good at saving tears till bedtime.

well actually im shite at that, found a song of mums today Il Divo (Mama) and played it and cried, but normally im good.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 10:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I know, I need to get back to work. The counsellor said the grieving starts AFTER the funeral

well actually im shite at that, found a song of mums today Il Divo (Mama) and played it and cried, but normally im good.
I'm still grieving after 18 months. Don't think it ever leaves you, just gets a bit more bearable.

I found a letter the other day while cleaning out the cupboards, she wrote it for me when she was diagnosed with the secondary cancer, she left it for me to find after she went, God I cried for hours.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 10:15 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still grieving after 7 years (this year)

I still cry when i dig out the birthday cards with personal poems in etc, as i said sam it never goes away you just learn to live with it, you bring it out at certain times and just let go (normally when alone), but that doesn't make you a bad person it makes you a better person for accepting and making life go on (not sure if thats the right phrase)
Life can be happy again! it is ok to laugh, coz they would have laughed with you!!!

Sam xxxxxxx
Old Jan 10th 2006, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by WendyC
I'm still grieving after 18 months. Don't think it ever leaves you, just gets a bit more bearable.

I found a letter the other day while cleaning out the cupboards, she wrote it for me when she was diagnosed with the secondary cancer, she left it for me to find after she went, God I cried for hours.

Today I sorted out every card she wrote (cant believe I ever threw any away), photos (there werent enough, yet last year seemed so many) and I am going to make a DVD with the footage I took of her on her way to the hospice making wise cracks in the ambulance and some of her singing in the service at the hospice.

I shall put subtitles and credits, add video footage, photos of family and our life and will put it to Il Divo 'Mama' and make copies for my three sisters and brother.

It will have children, grandchildren, great grandchild and all the waifs and strays mums 'adopted' in her time.

Ive named a star after her, that record 'superstar' by Jamelia reminds me of her.

My counsellor says you dont stop grieving, little triggers as you say set you off.

But for sure, from now, I will make her proud of me and everything that I do count.

I think Im doing OK(ish) still having tears every day but more controlled now.

I suppose Wendy, we have to be OK don't we. And how lucky are we to have had our Mums?

(right, deep breath, no tears, I am biting my own lip here)