Getting a TFN

Old May 14th 2009, 4:11 pm
Having a Gr8 life in Oz

abhijeet.waykar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Getting a TFN

Well I am planning to land in Melbourne on 21st Aug and I have already arranged for a permanent job in Melbourne and will join the same on 1st of Sep but my employer wants to knw when will I get the TFN as they wont be able to pay me without the TFN. So If I apply for a TFN on 21st Aug is it possible to get it before 1st Sep or is it possible to get some sort of temporary TFN ? No idea about TFN... and also if I am stayin in a Temp accommodation will the ATO office still provide me a TFN on a temporary address ?
Old May 14th 2009, 4:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting a TFN

Originally Posted by abhijeet.waykar
Well I am planning to land in Melbourne on 21st Aug and I have already arranged for a permanent job in Melbourne and will join the same on 1st of Sep but my employer wants to knw when will I get the TFN as they wont be able to pay me without the TFN. So If I apply for a TFN on 21st Aug is it possible to get it before 1st Sep or is it possible to get some sort of temporary TFN ? No idea about TFN... and also if I am stayin in a Temp accommodation will the ATO office still provide me a TFN on a temporary address ?
As long as you have an address of some kind you can apply for a TFN, but you cannot apply until you have validated your visa. Your employer can pay you without one, it just means until you provide it you will be taxed at a high rate.
Old May 14th 2009, 4:30 pm
Having a Gr8 life in Oz

Originally Posted by Pollyana
As long as you have an address of some kind you can apply for a TFN, but you cannot apply until you have validated your visa. Your employer can pay you without one, it just means until you provide it you will be taxed at a high rate.
thank you for replying ... and what about the time frame to get one ...i mean will i get it in 10 days or so ?
Old May 14th 2009, 11:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

I think mine only took a couple of weeks. I had it in time for my first paycheck anyway!
Lots of luck with your move
Old May 15th 2009, 6:33 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

I think our TFNs also took a couple of weeks.

But I wanted to add that you can apply for your TFN on the day you land in Melbourne. We landed in Perth at 2.25pm and applied for our TFN at 8pm using the internet at our hotel.
Old May 15th 2009, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

saad1983 has a brilliant futuresaad1983 has a brilliant futuresaad1983 has a brilliant futuresaad1983 has a brilliant futuresaad1983 has a brilliant futuresaad1983 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ozhappy981
I think our TFNs also took a couple of weeks.

But I wanted to add that you can apply for your TFN on the day you land in Melbourne. We landed in Perth at 2.25pm and applied for our TFN at 8pm using the internet at our hotel.
Hi All

Can any one help me in finding shared accommodation/room i will be really grateful as i dont know any one in Melbourne and will be reaching Melbourne on 3rd June'09 in the morning.

Please help
Old May 15th 2009, 6:50 am
Having a Gr8 life in Oz

Originally Posted by saad1983
Hi All

Can any one help me in finding shared accommodation/room i will be really grateful as i dont know any one in Melbourne and will be reaching Melbourne on 3rd June'09 in the morning.

Please help
pls open a new thread saad
Old May 15th 2009, 6:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saad1983
Hi All

Please help
You could try here:
http://www.easyroommate.com.au/

My husband used this site to find somewhere in Townsville but you can register for wherever you are looking for!
I really would advise that you see places first before committing yourself though so plan a few days in a hotel for when you first arrive.
Old May 15th 2009, 7:02 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

You can apply online.. took about a week to arrive.. you can't apply until you are actually in the country (and the passport has been stamped!)

Em x

PS that was in response to the TFN question..
Old May 16th 2009, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

Burkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura about

When we arrived OH applied on line his arrived in 9 days.

I applied by post, it was returned 4 weeks later by the post office, I applied on line and 7 days later it had arrived.
Old May 16th 2009, 12:48 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abhijeet.waykar
It's a bit far from Canberra don't you think?