Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Gen X, Y and the Baby Boomers

Gen X, Y and the Baby Boomers

Old Sep 24th 2009, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

louH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud of
Default Gen X, Y and the Baby Boomers

Is it just me or does anyone else think this whole Gen X, Y thing is a load of tosh?

Last edited by louH; Sep 24th 2009 at 2:11 am.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 1:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Daydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really nice
Default Re: Gen X, Y and the Baby Boomers

The tv show?
Old Sep 24th 2009, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

louH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Daydreamer123
The tv show?
No the mantra that seems to be pumped out by so may newspaper articles, TV shows, and even a couple of management courses I've been on.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

overthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to all

i love to wind my OH up he's gen X & im Y makes him feel old haha!!
Old Sep 24th 2009, 2:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Daydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really nice

Originally Posted by louH
No the mantra that seems to be pumped out by so may newspaper articles, TV shows, and even a couple of management courses I've been on.
Yeah, I agree with you, just nonsense made up to try and compartmentalise people. If you are gen Y you must fit into this nice little box which means you know loads about cartoons, ipods and Lilly Allen. If you are Gen X, then you only care about tetris or pacman and babyboomers all ate spam and remember rationing.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

hotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant future

The book by Douglas Coupland which brought the term 'Generation X' into popular culture is a brilliant read..

Nowadays though the whole debate is just over-hyped by the media as a way to sell magazines and newspapers by writing "clever" articles that just fuel ridiculous stereotyping.

Saying that, I do like the tv show on Channel Ten..
Old Sep 24th 2009, 3:22 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Generation X is cool. Generation Y seems like a follow on. They could have thought of a better name rather than riding on the coat tails. Generation Whine sounds more appropriate.

Yes it is a load of tosh but people are tribal and they feel the need to belong.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=MartinLuther;7959660]Generation X is cool. Generation Y seems like a follow on. They could have thought of a better name rather than riding on the coat tails. Generation Whine sounds more appropriate.

Baby boomers rule
Old Sep 24th 2009, 5:55 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

I had to google it.. never heard of it before.. I am apparently generation X

I sleep with people before I get married, I don't like the Queen much, hardly believe in god and have not much respect for my parents... ya just have to love Wikipedia!

Em x
Old Sep 24th 2009, 10:34 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by emelems
I had to google it.. never heard of it before.. I am apparently generation X

I sleep with people before I get married, I don't like the Queen much, hardly believe in god and have not much respect for my parents... ya just have to love Wikipedia!

Em x
Rubbish! You can't be older than 19 gorgeous!
Old Sep 24th 2009, 11:15 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jond
Baby boomers rule
Literally that is probably correct. I should think that most presidents. prime ministers and other despots are baby boomers. Shame they're not very good at it

Unfortunately when Gen X gets to run things the biggest voting group will be baby boomers voting for whomever can give them the best pensions and liniment. Be warned Gen Y you'll be the ones paying the bill
Old Sep 24th 2009, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Literally that is probably correct. I should think that most presidents. prime ministers and other despots are baby boomers. Shame they're not very good at it

Unfortunately when Gen X gets to run things the biggest voting group will be baby boomers voting for whomever can give them the best pensions and liniment. Be warned Gen Y you'll be the ones paying the bill

Only just crept into the mighty baby boomers by 1 year
Old Sep 24th 2009, 11:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Thought so!
Old Sep 24th 2009, 11:55 am
Account Closed

Hello Grandad
Old Sep 24th 2009, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Hello Grandad

Listen here sonny

When I was your age etc etc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.