Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Gardening with my Grandaughter

Gardening with my Grandaughter

Old Mar 7th 2010, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

wilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Gardening with my Grandaughter

It is a lovely day today here in Liverpool yesterday I took my Grandaughter to Knowsley Safari Park and today we are doing the garden well, she is only 2 years old! Im going to miss her so much and just trying to spend as much quality time with her before we go (thats if we get a visa ) Kids are lovely, a gift! But Grandchildren - I dont know how to describe just that this little one is my world and Im so blessed to have her
Old Mar 7th 2010, 2:59 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gardening with my Grandaughter

I pondered for a while as to whether to reply to your post as i dont want to put dampeners on your plans, but i would like to offer my own experience.

I have recently returned from living in Australia for several years and before that New Zealand. I have 7 grandchildren here in the UK.
I adore all my grandchildren, but i have a 2yr old grandaughter who is disabled with foot deformities. I felt myself well up inside when i read your post as this little girl and i have the most special relationship, one i have never experienced in my life before. Like you, i cant really describe it, but we have such a close bond and i couldnt face my life without her. I was still living in Sydney when she was born and flew back to help out during her first few weeks as she had to have 2 operations on her feet. Now that we are back in UK i could never ever leave her, or the other grandchildren. When in Aus i pined for them and my life felt so so empty.

I dont want to put you off going if thats what you really want, but please please think hard about it. I had such a void in my life being apart from my family. You will be devoid of family memories, watching the grandchildren meet milestones and watch them grow up.

Whatever you decide i wish you well, i just hope you make the right decision
Old Mar 7th 2010, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gardening with my Grandaughter

I also have a two yr old grandaughter,and adore her.Lovely to hear you are spending quality time together which is very important.Nice post too Flea,bet your grand kids absolutely adore you too!