British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Fund me ..... Israel Folau (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/fund-me-israel-folau-925982/)

Beoz Jun 25th 2019 8:23 am

Fund me ..... Israel Folau

Not sure if this news has picked up in the non rugby playing states, but he's been chucked out of Australian Rugby, chucked off GoFundMe, and has now cleared $1 million on his new set up.

I don't agree with his bible post, I mean seriously, I'm going to hell for enjoying a drink, but it's so wonderful to watch someone compete against all public adversity.

spouse of scouse Jun 25th 2019 10:17 am

Re: Fund me ..... Israel Folau

Originally Posted by Beoz (Post 12702418)
Not sure if this news has picked up in the non rugby playing states, but he's been chucked out of Australian Rugby, chucked off GoFundMe, and has now cleared $1 million on his new set up.

I don't agree with his bible post, I mean seriously, I'm going to hell for enjoying a drink, but it's so wonderful to watch someone compete against all public adversity.

Yes, it's been all over the news here, and in the UK as well. Bit of a non-story really, bloke can't or didn't read his contract properly, can't or didn't read the Go Fund Me terms and conditions properly, so was booted from both. At least he'll have more time now to dribble shite on social media, that should comfort him.

GarryP Jun 25th 2019 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 12702461)
Yes, it's been all over the news here, and in the UK as well. Bit of a non-story really, bloke can't or didn't read his contract properly, can't or didn't read the Go Fund Me terms and conditions properly, so was booted from both. At least he'll have more time now to dribble shite on social media, that should comfort him.

Thing is, he did read the contract. Sufficiently to say that he wouldn't agree to the social media clause, which RA then accepted. They are not going to be in a good way when they get to court and try and rely on a general conduct clause.

And nobody ever got poor off underestimating the desire of zealot christians to support people they consider to be 'one of theirs'. As the pope on his golden throne, the evangelist in his jet, or trump in the white house will attest.

Oh, and the 'religious freedom' bill is coming back now the zealot Morrison is back in power ...

Beoz Jun 25th 2019 11:35 pm

I haven't seen his employment contract so I can't really comment on specific clauses and whether he agreed to them, however their does seem to be some substantial effort being thrown at this. There must be a degree of confidence from within his circles that he can win. Even though religious groups seem to have access to a tonne of money, I can't imagine them taking on a contract that they didn't think they would beat.

I real loser here is Australian rugby (don't confuse that with Rugby Australia). Distractions, cost, etc. Hopefully RA have finally learned the lesson here. Don't throw the money at the Leaguies, throw it at the grass roots. When Australia was winning rugby nearly 20 years ago, the whole team came from grass roots.

Amazulu Jun 25th 2019 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by GarryP (Post 12702858)
Thing is, he did read the contract. Sufficiently to say that he wouldn't agree to the social media clause, which RA then accepted. They are not going to be in a good way when they get to court and try and rely on a general conduct clause.

And nobody ever got poor off underestimating the desire of zealot christians to support people they consider to be 'one of theirs'. As the pope on his golden throne, the evangelist in his jet, or trump in the white house will attest.

Oh, and the 'religious freedom' bill is coming back now the zealot Morrison is back in power ...

What about Muslim zealots?

Australia needs a religious freedom bill. How/why is Morrison a zealot? What would Billy have brought to the gig that ScoMo doesn't?

Amazulu Jun 26th 2019 12:03 am

Have you read his contract? Izzy says that there was nothing it it preventing him posting what he did, and I guess he should know!

Go Fund Me are being very selective in their assessment. They've allowed all sorts of shite to be promoted and are being hypocritical. Unfortunately, they are part of the tech corporate, PC elite that is seeking to stifle genuine free speech in the West in order to implement the agendas of their left-wing owners

Beoz Jun 26th 2019 2:44 am

Originally Posted by GarryP (Post 12702858)

"Freedom" ...... Where is the line drawn?

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sports...5ebed65e3c82ca

“The activists don’t just want to silence Israel Folau, they want to make an example out of him. They want to make it very clear that for people of faith, and people with beliefs that fit outside the narrow band of political correctness, there is no place for them …"

I have no interest in religion but the above speaks volumes.

Amazulu Jun 26th 2019 4:39 am

Originally Posted by Beoz (Post 12702926)
"Freedom" ...... Where is the line drawn?

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sports...5ebed65e3c82ca

“The activists don’t just want to silence Israel Folau, they want to make an example out of him. They want to make it very clear that for people of faith, and people with beliefs that fit outside the narrow band of political correctness, there is no place for them …"

I have no interest in religion but the above speaks volumes.

The left elite and their PC, virtue-signalling corporate and media comrades are even going after his wife - who has said absolutely f**k all on the matter!

$1.8 million + and climbing. The silent majority are speaking again - with dollars!

Beoz Jun 26th 2019 5:20 am

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 12702935)
The left elite and their PC, virtue-signalling corporate and media comrades are even going after his wife - who has said absolutely f**k all on the matter!

$1.8 million + and climbing. The silent majority are speaking again - with dollars!

It is ironic that those preaching equality don't display the same to religion.

Beoz Jun 26th 2019 5:25 am

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 12702935)
The silent majority are speaking again!

I'm not sure its quite a majority ..... yet ....... the more oxygen it receives, the more it will burn.

Try this poll. It shows you where the punters stand after you answer each question.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sports...41aefbe042e2f0

Tom Sawyer Jun 26th 2019 6:10 am

Originally Posted by Beoz (Post 12702943)
It is ironic that those preaching equality don't display the same to religion.

Probably because there is a difference between religious freedom, i.e. the ability to practice your faith without persecution, than having the freedom to gob off about any other person that doesn't fit in with your view of the how the world should be populated because your imaginary friend and their book of fairy tales says so under your interpretation......and I apply to that to any religion.

I can't believe there are that many people filled with hateful bile that they feel the need to give their hard earned to a multi-millionaire to support and fight his case.

Amazulu Jun 26th 2019 6:55 am

Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer (Post 12702959)
Probably because there is a difference between religious freedom, i.e. the ability to practice your faith without persecution, than having the freedom to gob off about any other person that doesn't fit in with your view of the how the world should be populated because your imaginary friend and their book of fairy tales says so under your interpretation......and I apply to that to any religion.

I can't believe there are that many people filled with hateful bile that they feel the need to give their hard earned to a multi-millionaire to support and fight his case.

But that's real freedom of speech

Real FOS is the discussion of all viewpoints - regardless whether you agree with them or not - and encompasses racial, bigoted, hateful, homophobic etc viewpoints, even the right to lie if the speaker so chooses

I can't believe there are that there are people out there who would deny a person's right to FOS just because they disagree with their viewpoint. Sad, but there it is

Beoz Jun 26th 2019 7:08 am

That's the irony of it all. Many would be offended by you calling their God an imaginary friend in the sky. I can't say I disagree with you but then again I say let them have their freedom of speech like you just have.

BEVS Jun 26th 2019 7:13 am

Clearly there are though. Incredibly ironic in a way. We've had it all over the news, talk shows and shock jock progs ad nauseam.

He wants to challenge , then he should put his sizeable amount of the filthy lucre , the inclusive sporting arena and assorted sponsors paid him, where his mouth is and do so with his own funds. What he is doing is rallying those that agree with his loathing for those born different to himself. His comments disgust me. He should keep such comments to himself and close family and friends of his dubious ilk. . He does the sporting inclusive spirit no good. He has a high profile and with that goes an undertaking to do no harm which he repeatedly ignored. Arrogant and sanctimonious does not begin to cover it.

He wants his religious fervour , then he should leave the sporting arena & devote himself to that. He was not removed for practicing his faith. He was removed for his unacceptable preaching speechifying and quite rightly so. His crusade has no place on a playing field. For me , it has no place at all. This includes that wife of his.

He should perhaps be mindful of what is written in his new testament bible about the Pharisees. I see him no better. No better at all.

Amazulu Jun 26th 2019 9:53 am

$2 million

Go Izzy! Tear the free speech haters and other assorted butthurt leftie losers a new one

Beoz Jun 26th 2019 9:57 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 12702969)
Clearly there are though. Incredibly ironic in a way. We've had it all over the news, talk shows and shock jock progs ad nauseam.

He wants to challenge , then he should put his sizeable amount of the filthy lucre , the inclusive sporting arena and assorted sponsors paid him, where his mouth is and do so with his own funds. What he is doing is rallying those that agree with his loathing for those born different to himself. His comments disgust me. He should keep such comments to himself and close family and friends of his dubious ilk. . He does the sporting inclusive spirit no good. He has a high profile and with that goes an undertaking to do no harm which he repeatedly ignored. Arrogant and sanctimonious does not begin to cover it.

He wants his religious fervour , then he should leave the sporting arena & devote himself to that. He was not removed for practicing his faith. He was removed for his unacceptable preaching speechifying and quite rightly so. His crusade has no place on a playing field. For me , it has no place at all. This includes that wife of his.

He should perhaps be mindful of what is written in his new testament bible about the Pharisees. I see him no better. No better at all.

It's ok to speak freely. Let it all out.

spouse of scouse Jun 26th 2019 9:57 am

And there you have it. The reason why it's impossible to have a decent discussion any more in the Australia forum - too many people using it to splatter their bile all over the place. Get a frigging life.

Amazulu Jun 26th 2019 10:07 am

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 12703022)
And there you have it. The reason why it's impossible to have a decent discussion any more in the Australia forum - too many people using it to splatter their bile all over the place. Get a frigging life.

See, isn't free speech a wonderful thing - say what you goddamn like sister!

You go girl

Beoz Jun 26th 2019 12:34 pm

It's the Barbie. A place for a sausage, a beer, and a bit of bile.

It's great to see everyone getting it off their chest.

Pollyana Jun 26th 2019 2:48 pm

You said it. That's why the once great BE Australia forum is now a shadow of its former self and most of us who do still want to play in a forum arena have moved to other sites.

:getcoat:

Beoz Jun 26th 2019 9:52 pm

They are asking where the money should go once it rises above 3 million?

Let that be Izzy's choice, but I think there's a big call for it to be donated grass roots rugby in Australia.

Dorothy Jun 26th 2019 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 12703017)
$2 million

Go Izzy! Tear the free speech haters and other assorted butthurt leftie losers a new one

What a disgusting piece of work you are. I can only hope your children do not inherit your bigotryand hateful attitudes.

Beoz Jun 27th 2019 3:05 am

News just in.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sports...6778ef3b207708

They secured enough funding and closed it off. Probably the best thing to do however they could keep it open, store the donations, and contribute elsewhere.

old.sparkles Jun 27th 2019 3:16 am

If he wins his court case, then wouldn't legal fees be covered?

Does he believe he's going to lose, and doesn't want to gamble his own money? From what I've read, he would have enough to cover legal fees on his own (not saying that I've read much, or that it's accurate)

If he does win, and legal fees paid as part of any settlement, is he going to refund the donations do you think?

Beoz Jun 27th 2019 4:14 am

Originally Posted by old.sparkles (Post 12703393)
If he wins his court case, then wouldn't legal fees be covered?

Does he believe he's going to lose, and doesn't want to gamble his own money? From what I've read, he would have enough to cover legal fees on his own (not saying that I've read much, or that it's accurate)

If he does win, and legal fees paid as part of any settlement, is he going to refund the donations do you think?

There is some info here.

https://www.findlaw.com.au/articles/...-if-i-win.aspx

He does own a lot of property so perhaps he doesn't have any liquid money to play with. He was on about a million a year, they are estimating a 2 mill legal bill so that's 2 years salary.

But hey, if people feel he has enough to support his own legal battle then just don't contribute. If he decides he wants to try his luck with asking for donations then well done for initiative. Some may see it as greedy, some not. I certainly won't be contributing.

For me, if you know your actions are going upset your employer, you just don't do it.

old.sparkles Jun 27th 2019 4:32 am

Originally Posted by Beoz (Post 12703395)
There is some info here.

https://www.findlaw.com.au/articles/...-if-i-win.aspx

He does own a lot of property so perhaps he doesn't have any liquid money to play with. He was on about a million a year, they are estimating a 2 mill legal bill so that's 2 years salary.

But hey, if people feel he has enough to support his own legal battle then just don't contribute. If he decides he wants to try his luck with asking for donations then well done for initiative. Some may see it as greedy, some not. I certainly won't be contributing.

For me, if you know your actions are going upset your employer, you just don't do it.

Thanks for the link. Having a quick look, He needs to win more than the $million offered on the face of it to get two thirds of his legal costs covered otherwise he could be paying part of Rugby Australia's legal costs as well.

Still, money isn't everything, and if you love your job (or not), you don't p*** off your employer as you said.And if he does win a financial settlement, it doesn't necessarily mean he can get back to playing rugby professionally.

Amazulu Jun 27th 2019 4:35 am

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 12703363)
What a disgusting piece of work you are. I can only hope your children do not inherit your bigotryand hateful attitudes.

Total and utter garbage

Bigotry? Please point to the bigotry in my post. Hateful? If we use your definition of 'hateful', then sure, there's a bit of hate in there (although I certainly don't see it that way), but no different to some of the stuff you've posted om here over the years - included some stuff personally directed at me, to which I've rarely responded

Get over yourself Princess

Amazulu Jun 27th 2019 4:40 am

Originally Posted by Beoz (Post 12703390)
News just in.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sports...6778ef3b207708

They secured enough funding and closed it off. Probably the best thing to do however they could keep it open, store the donations, and contribute elsewhere.

I reckon starting a legal fund/charity that takes up the cause of people who are being persecuted for saying things that the mainstream. left-wing elite, media and business don't like being said but that are still within the realms of acceptable free speech. Failing that and like you said, funding grassroots rugby - that Castle and RA are clearly not doing - would be a good idea

Beoz Jun 27th 2019 9:09 am

Originally Posted by old.sparkles (Post 12703396)
Thanks for the link. Having a quick look, He needs to win more than the $million offered on the face of it to get two thirds of his legal costs covered otherwise he could be paying part of Rugby Australia's legal costs as well.

Still, money isn't everything, and if you love your job (or not), you don't p*** off your employer as you said.And if he does win a financial settlement, it doesn't necessarily mean he can get back to playing rugby professionally.

I don't think Izzy is the sharpest tool in the box. He has been brain washed from a very young age, clearly he can't separate his job from religious beliefs and he clearly doesn't understand how to separate behaviour from beliefs.

He can play rugby outside Australia or rugby league anywhere in the world. It's just a matter of who will have him. The French have a habit of taking naughty boys.

Beoz Jun 27th 2019 9:11 am

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 12703398)
I reckon starting a legal fund/charity that takes up the cause of people who are being persecuted for saying things that the mainstream. left-wing elite, media and business don't like being said but that are still within the realms of acceptable free speech. Failing that and like you said, funding grassroots rugby - that Castle and RA are clearly not doing - would be a good idea

That's the last of the league guys gone .... hold on ....Angus Crichton will switch from league to rugby in the next couple of years, however he was a grass roots rugby guy originally.

DeadVim Jun 28th 2019 2:16 am

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 12702888)
Have you read his contract? Izzy says that there was nothing it it preventing him posting what he did, and I guess he should know!

Go Fund Me are being very selective in their assessment. They've allowed all sorts of shite to be promoted and are being hypocritical. Unfortunately, they are part of the tech corporate, PC elite that is seeking to stifle genuine free speech in the West in order to implement the agendas of their left-wing owners

Bingo.

Tom Sawyer Jun 28th 2019 3:15 am

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 12703017)
$2 million

Why do you have to be a "leftie" to disagree with what he says? I would think most decent people would think he has crossed a line. There was nothing political in what he said, so why are trying to drive it as a political agenda item? Politics and religion are meant to be separate in this country. I've not seen the Messiah from The Shire comment on it much, so would guess the Government are maybe trying to keep out of it themselves before opening a can of worms.

As I was trying to point out, there is freedom of speech, freedom to practice religion and "hate" speech. He can keep his "beliefs" to himself as can all religious zealots, and communists and fascists for that matter if you want to go political.

Amazulu Jun 28th 2019 4:58 am

Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer (Post 12703873)
Why do you have to be a "leftie" to disagree with what he says? I would think most decent people would think he has crossed a line. There was nothing political in what he said, so why are trying to drive it as a political agenda item? Politics and religion are meant to be separate in this country. I've not seen the Messiah from The Shire comment on it much, so would guess the Government are maybe trying to keep out of it themselves before opening a can of worms.

As I was trying to point out, there is freedom of speech, freedom to practice religion and "hate" speech. He can keep his "beliefs" to himself as can all religious zealots, and communists and fascists for that matter if you want to go political.

You are right, it's not just left-wingers who want to stifle free genuine speech - but the main thrust of this agenda does come from that that side - so I'll stand corrected

Is the 'Messiah from The Shire" Scott Morrison? I'm not surprised by this as he rarely talks about his faith - and certainly doesn't make it a part of his political agenda - although those on the left who oppose him and genuine free speech will always try and make out that he does - Guardianistas take note

As some people are getting their knickers in a twist, here's my opinion on IF and his case: I don't agree with what he said and believe he shouldn't have made that statement - he's been an idiot. Although I believe in real free speech, with that also come real responsibility. However, he did say it and that's his issue. Oppose his viewpoint and debate him, but he clearly shouldn't lose his job for expressing a religious standpoint. I've posted on here many times that all speech (bar promoting crime, illegal activity and violence) should be allowed - despite how some person or group may be offended by it - all speech, however controversial. Someone is always going to be offended by something and if all speech is moderated to not offend, democracy is over. We have to have differences, debate, controversies, or we'll be North Korea

In the case of IF and Castle/RA, we all know that Qantas, via their pathetic CEO, Alan Joyce, are behind this. This fits in with big businesses PC, left-wing agenda but all they've done is cause shit and divide the public. They've opened a can of worms and as we've seen from Anglo-sphere, western democracies over the last 5 years or so, could end up having the opposite effect that was expected. It won't be pretty

Beoz Jun 28th 2019 5:16 am

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 12703883)

Is the 'Messiah from The Shire" Scott Morrison? I'm not surprised by this as he rarely talks about his faith - and certainly doesn't make it a part of his political agenda - although those on the left who oppose him and genuine free speech will always try and make out that he does - Guardianistas take note

Morrison is originally from Bronte. Not the Shire. Anyhow, they did try to get him to bite on the Izzy post during the election campaign. He played a straight bat and it worked a treat. His faith is his thing, he keeps it private as best he can, but they will forever try to get him to bite on religion. I do wonder if they would do the same to a leader who had followed a minority faith.

Amazulu Jun 28th 2019 5:28 am

Originally Posted by Beoz (Post 12703884)
I do wonder if they would do the same to a leader who had followed a minority faith.

No, they wouldn't. Only Christians (and Jews to a lesser degree) are fair game to the left - every other religion and belief is superior in their eyes. You see this clearly in the UK, with Jeremy Corbyn and modern Labour being particularly anti-Semitic and anti-Christian

ozzieeagle Jun 28th 2019 5:41 am

Surely it would be better if Foulau was ridiculed for stating his over the top rants, rather than stifiling them and creating a line in the sand that will gain momentum.

It really is about freedom of speech rather than content and people seem to have lost sight of that simple fact.

Now his views are going to be world wide news and have an even greater platform and likely support rather than the ridicule he would have received had he been allowed to carry on.

It's now reached ridculous levels over something that should be on the edge of society now getting lots of air. Rugby Australia deserve the penalty they are bound to end up being awarded for treading into areas they have no right to take a political view on.

It's not a left v right thing.... .It's purely freedom of speech.

Rugby Australia have created a martyr for extreme relgious views..... Silly silly buggers.

Amazulu Jun 28th 2019 6:50 am

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle (Post 12703889)
Surely it would be better if Foulau was ridiculed for stating his over the top rants, rather than stifiling them and creating a line in the sand that will gain momentum.

It really is about freedom of speech rather than content and people seem to have lost sight of that simple fact.

Now his views are going to be world wide news and have an even greater platform and likely support rather than the ridicule he would have received had he been allowed to carry on.

It's now reached ridculous levels over something that should be on the edge of society now getting lots of air. Rugby Australia deserve the penalty they are bound to end up being awarded for treading into areas they have no right to take a political view on.

Rugby Australia have created a martyr for extreme relgious views..... Silly silly buggers.

Well said

Beoz Jun 28th 2019 8:24 am

Totally agree. Give it oxygen, it will breath.

If rugby in Australia had been left to the Rah Rah's you would get this rubbish.

GarryP Jun 28th 2019 12:10 pm

Thing is, they aren't really extreme - it's basic dogma for the religious crowd.

The issue is not really one very stupid meathead. Footballers say very stupid shit all the time - they aren't know for their brains. The issue is that religion thinks it should get away with comments that would get you locked up if you said them in any other context.

"You have had sex outside wedlock, you should be tortured for eternity."

The issue is setting bounds for religion that matches any other context. If you would get locked up for it normally, then you get locked up if you say it in a frock.

We don't need a 'religious freedom' bill, we need a 'freedom from religion' bill. Nobody should have to suffer from the idiotic comments of religious cretins. Deal with the root cause - antisocial religion.

ozzieeagle Jun 28th 2019 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by GarryP (Post 12703984)
Thing is, they aren't really extreme - it's basic dogma for the religious crowd.

The issue is not really one very stupid meathead. Footballers say very stupid shit all the time - they aren't know for their brains. The issue is that religion thinks it should get away with comments that would get you locked up if you said them in any other context.

"You have had sex outside wedlock, you should be tortured for eternity."

The issue is setting bounds for religion that matches any other context. If you would get locked up for it normally, then you get locked up if you say it in a frock.

We don't need a 'religious freedom' bill, we need a 'freedom from religion' bill. Nobody should have to suffer from the idiotic comments of religious cretins. Deal with the root cause - antisocial religion.

Locked up for saying what you think and believe however abhorrent ......come on!!.... Are we really at Orwellian levels today?

The bottom line is this dipshiit now carrries credence because of the carry on and broadcasting to tabloid degrees to the wider community, when if left to his own devices would have been ridiculed into non entity.

The messengers and employer are just as guilty if not more so in making sure this has became front page news.

Dont forget there are plenty of Relgious outlets that totally denounced what he was saying..... It really is about freedom to say what you think however ridiculous and because we live in a tabloid world, people as a whole have lapped it up revelling in the outrage it's caused. When really all it needed was a big ignore move on to the next story button.

Dangerous precedent in my view not being able to say what you think and believe.