Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Free Condoms for Drug Users

Wikiposts

Free Condoms for Drug Users

Old May 19th 2011, 12:23 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Free Condoms for Drug Users

Originally Posted by Seasider
Yep, can only guess that it's to lower the risk of HIV transmission through broken skin.

Addicts selling their bodies to fund their habits springs to mind as a worst case scenario.
now they can sell the condoms.
Old May 19th 2011, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by spalen
now they can sell the condoms.
If they're so enterprising as to make enough money to buy drugs, from selling free condoms then I say more power to them. It's kind of like selling the big issue in a way.
Old May 19th 2011, 12:35 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve2009
For the gays i am guessing. Let's have some humanity!
Yep, can only guess that it's to lower the risk of HIV transmission through broken skin.

Addicts selling their bodies to fund their habits springs to mind as a worst case scenario.
OK, didn't think of them. Let them off then.
Old May 19th 2011, 9:37 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

If they're so enterprising as to make enough money to buy drugs, from selling free condoms then I say more power to them. It's kind of like selling the big issue in a way.
So the moral of the story is......"never buy the big issue or condoms of a drug user".

Why?

Because.......

If they are selling the condoms to you they might be getting someone else (or themsleves) pregnant or infected, enterprising souls that they are might be recycling those condoms, and giving any drug user money for any reason is just like giving it straight to the dealer. Cut out the middle man - just buy drugs for yourself instead. Refer back to earlier post about having sex when stoned. You didnt need those condoms anyways.
Old May 19th 2011, 9:55 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ponyrama
So the moral of the story is......"never buy the big issue or condoms of a drug user".

Why?

Because.......

If they are selling the condoms to you they might be getting someone else (or themsleves) pregnant or infected, enterprising souls that they are might be recycling those condoms, and giving any drug user money for any reason is just like giving it straight to the dealer. Cut out the middle man - just buy drugs for yourself instead. Refer back to earlier post about having sex when stoned. You didnt need those condoms anyways.
That's part of my reasoning - while I accept that not every Big Issue seller is a drug user, I know thats what my brother and all his mates spent their cash on, so buying the Big Issue from them was just like handing them the heroin, something I'd never do.
Old May 19th 2011, 12:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, that's what it's for.
Old May 19th 2011, 12:52 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
Yep, that's what it's for.
Very sad especially when there's a chain of infection from drug addict to innocent wife. If free condoms and lubricant help save a single life then it'll be money well spent.
Old May 19th 2011, 12:53 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

I sell mine to fund my habbits. Its called working.
Old May 19th 2011, 8:35 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
That's part of my reasoning - while I accept that not every Big Issue seller is a drug user, I know thats what my brother and all his mates spent their cash on, so buying the Big Issue from them was just like handing them the heroin, something I'd never do.
If only more people realised that! I once had a very long discussion with a heroin addict about why I wouldnt buy him a portion of fried rice. His argument - he was starving, wasnt asking me for money and therefore he couldnt spend it on drugs. My argument - if he didnt spend all his own money on drugs he would have enough money to feed himself, and that if I bought him fried rice I was just assisting him in continuing to spend all his money on drugs. He stayed hungry. The only thing he ever asked me for after that was the phone number for the drug service.
Old May 19th 2011, 9:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Too many "intellectual masterbation" sessions with smackheads to give much of a flying fluck nowadays...

Wasting my breath whilst they breathe my air....
Old May 19th 2011, 9:13 pm
beach bum

Originally Posted by eddie007
Too many "intellectual masterbation" sessions with smackheads to give much of a flying fluck nowadays...

Wasting my breath whilst they breathe my air....
We are all born naked and we could all have ended up where they did. Air is free by the way!
Old May 19th 2011, 9:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ponyrama
We are all born naked and we could all have ended up where they did. Air is free by the way!
Hmmmmm.... We just made different choices that had different consequences... Personally, after I made that particular wrong choice I made the choice not to choose to do it again...

Freedom of Choice has consequences for all of us...

personally I just wish the health providers would provide clean safe smack, and clean safe equipment and a clean safe envionment so the impact on wider society could be minimalised...

I am over the whole drug culture and the massive problems it causes
Old May 19th 2011, 9:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by paulry
Very sad especially when there's a chain of infection from drug addict to innocent wife. If free condoms and lubricant help save a single life then it'll be money well spent.
Sorry... Devils advocate... (its raining in perf)

INNOCENT????

Is there ANYONE who who has sinned SO badly that they are GUILTY and therefore deserve infection?

Ok

Bleedin heart liberal moment is over...

Last edited by eddie007; May 19th 2011 at 9:45 pm. Reason: Missed a word
Old May 19th 2011, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by eddie007
Is there ANYONE who who has sinned SO badly that they are GUILTY and therefore deserve infection?
If you knowingly engage in risky behaviour, then you knowingly accept those risks. It's actually a concept that is enshrined in the civil liability act (QLD) and common in negligence tort.
Old May 19th 2011, 10:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If you knowingly engage in risky behaviour, then you knowingly accept those risks. It's actually a concept that is enshrined in the civil liability act (QLD) and common in negligence tort.
I'm not a lawyer... I'm a human(e) being....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.