Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Free Condoms for Drug Users

Wikiposts

Free Condoms for Drug Users

Old May 18th 2011, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold
Default Free Condoms for Drug Users

I've decided to dip my toe into The Barbie thread creation...

http://www.news.com.au/national/you-...-1226058550083

"We are against both the needle exchange and the condom programs," said Terri Kelleher of the Australian Family Association.
"People aren't making the best decision when they are on drugs, and therefore shouldn't be supplied with condoms. There's no guarantee they are going to use them anyway."
Old May 18th 2011, 2:54 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Free Condoms for Drug Users

Originally Posted by Steve2009

"We are against both the needle exchange and the condom programs," said Terri Kelleher of the Australian Family Association.
"People aren't making the best decision when they are on drugs, and therefore shouldn't be supplied with condoms. There's no guarantee they are going to use them anyway."
I guess at least if the condoms are supplied there's a chance that people will use them. Not supplying them won't stop people making the decision to have sex after all.
I'm not really in favour of supplying coloured and flavoured condoms though, think thats taking it a step too far
Old May 18th 2011, 2:56 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

They should def be given out free in north queensland,stop the spawn of the braindead
Old May 18th 2011, 2:59 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
They should def be given out free in north queensland,stop the spawn of the braindead
Think its only Victoria at present - at least it doesn't mention Qld in the article.....
Old May 18th 2011, 3:17 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Think its only Victoria at present - at least it doesn't mention Qld in the article.....
That's because the team who were sent to north Q to do the survey haven't been seen since
Old May 18th 2011, 3:24 am
Home and Happy

That's because the team who were sent to north Q to do the survey haven't been seen since
They're probably being held for possession of dodgy-looking articles - I bet a lot of north Qlders have never seen coloured condoms before
Old May 18th 2011, 3:28 am
FREE TIBET

Originally Posted by Pollyana
They're probably being held for possession of dodgy-looking articles - I bet a lot of north Qlders have never seen coloured condoms before
They've have never seen colour before,and they don't like the colour black so they really are limited,in many ways
Old May 18th 2011, 3:51 am
Home and Happy

They've have never seen colour before,and they don't like the colour black so they really are limited,in many ways
Bit of a waste really then, if they bring in the scheme in Qld they might as well just produce them in white!
Old May 18th 2011, 7:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm... Totally agree with the free availability of condoms and needle exchanges

However... Either ALL EDs should give out fitpacks (the clean needles kit) or none of them

Nothing worse than an iv drug user rocking up and demanding a pack and you having to say no.... Coz this hospital doesnt do them... Causes all kinds of unecessary aggro in an already stressful job
Old May 18th 2011, 7:25 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by eddie007
Hmmm... Totally agree with the free availability of condoms and needle exchanges

However... Either ALL EDs should give out fitpacks (the clean needles kit) or none of them

Nothing worse than an iv drug user rocking up and demanding a pack and you having to say no.... Coz this hospital doesnt do them... Causes all kinds of unecessary aggro in an already stressful job
Thats just unfair on the nursing staff isn't it, I mean its pressure you don't need. I'm thinking most druggies will just think - ah, need needles, go to hospital, get needles - they don't want to stop and consider which hospital, why doesn't this ED have them when the other one does.
In general I guess its a good policy and probably saves lives and prevents disease, but like I said earlier - stick to the basics, forget the pretty colours and nice scents
Old May 18th 2011, 8:36 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Terri Kelleher is the one who is on drugs. Compulsory sterilisation is the only way for people like that.
Old May 18th 2011, 9:12 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Be better if it was the other way around. Free drugs for condom users.

Damn this labour government and their socially divisive policies
Old May 18th 2011, 9:16 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ponyrama
Terri Kelleher is the one who is on drugs. Compulsory sterilisation is the only way for people like that.
Terri Kelleher practised as a solicitor for 15 years, was founding President of the Pro-Life Group,

There you go, some background.

Purports to be representing 'families' but is actually obviously quite strongly opinionated on the matter of prophelactics.

This was the defining moment for me in realising what hogwash the catholic rubbish I'd been taught at school was - when the pope refused condoms in africa preferring 'prayer and abstinence' when millions upon millions were being infected in the 80's. Freeking do-gooder nut job christjuns.. now where is my cardigan with the holes in it and my amnesty international rucksack... back to the fight !

Last edited by spalen; May 18th 2011 at 9:19 am.
Old May 18th 2011, 9:27 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen

Purports to be representing 'families' but is actually obviously quite strongly opinionated on the matter of prophelactics.
Someone should take her to a special care baby unit to see an addicted baby being weaned off opiates

It's absolutely essential that addicts are given clean needles and easy access to contraception.
Old May 18th 2011, 9:45 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I've decided to dip my toe into The Barbie thread creation..<snip>
Well done. It would have been even more impressive if you'd offered up an opinion.

Ah, "Family Associations". Do they give out free rose-tinted spectacles when you join? ****ers. They're the dangerous ones, IMHO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.