Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Foxtel question please

Foxtel question please

Old May 29th 2012, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Brisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud of
Default Foxtel question please

We are thinking of ringing Foxtel today to get a quote in response to their latest advert...to get Foxtel with no contract. We would like it purely for Wimbledon, the Olympics and some football...the European Cup (I think that's what my OH said).
Anyway, I know the people we bought the house off 3 1/2 years ago had Foxtel and the aerial connection is still here so I am wondering what you think is a reasonable price to pay please. As a new customer, would we be in a position to bargain as some of you on here have done as existing customers?
Old May 29th 2012, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Foxtel question please

Think the standard price with Sports channels is around 90 a month. I'd be surprised if you could get a discount on that with no contract but you may as well have a go.

However, bear in mind you'll be able to watch most of the Olympics and Wimbledon on free-to-air TV, and if you want the Euros you'll need Setanta Sports (another $11 a month plus $16 sign on fee) so if you're only getting foxtel for those then its not worth it.