Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Foxtel IQ - upgrade for free?

Foxtel IQ - upgrade for free?

Old Sep 3rd 2009, 1:02 am
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all
Default Foxtel IQ - upgrade for free?

We've got the basic foxtel box and got it the month before they decided to give everyone the Foxtel IQ for free . My hubby is desperate for the sports channel so that he can get the football from back home, but obviously it is on in the middle of the night, SO (and to my original point) we would really need Foxtel IQ so he could record it, but I ain't wanting to pay $100 to upgrade it.

Anyone managed to get them to upgrade without paying the $100?

Kareena
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 1:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Foxtel IQ - upgrade for free?

we did.
we were moving house and said we would cancel Foxtel as we did not want to take a new contract (standard as you move). They agreed to let us keep our current one.

Then installer arrived and it was too windy for him to climb up 2 m, so had a 3 week wait. Called to cancel our order and they gave us IQ for free....
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 1:56 am
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all

Just phoned them and they are not budging with regards to getting the IQ upgrade for free - say I have to pay the $100! Raging!
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 3:19 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kar-kier
Just phoned them and they are not budging with regards to getting the IQ upgrade for free - say I have to pay the $100! Raging!
get your husband to ring them.honest.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 3:33 am
Living the dream!

Originally Posted by irishbloo
get your husband to ring them.honest.
Might as well, worth a try, thanks!
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 3:50 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Might as well, worth a try, thanks!
sad to say but sometimes it works.they do have their uses.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

hoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant future

We've got the basic foxtel box and got it the month before they decided to give everyone the Foxtel IQ for free . My hubby is desperate for the sports channel so that he can get the football from back home, but obviously it is on in the middle of the night, SO (and to my original point) we would really need Foxtel IQ so he could record it, but I ain't wanting to pay $100 to upgrade it.

Anyone managed to get them to upgrade without paying the $100?

Kareena
We had to pay for the upgrade too. I may be wrong but your hubby may find that he still has to get up for the football. I believe that unless your team is the featured match you have to press the red button to select the game you want?
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by hoveactually
We had to pay for the upgrade too. I may be wrong but your hubby may find that he still has to get up for the football. I believe that unless your team is the featured match you have to press the red button to select the game you want?
Correct - the featured game can be recorded but if it is not the featured match, it will probabaly still be shown but you do have to get up and watch it.

There are other options to getting around this but far more complicated...
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 6:03 am
BE Forum Addict

I rang to cancel my foxtel last week and it was due to finish tomorrow.Low and behold I get a call today asking if a price reduction for 5 months would tempt me to stay.

Last edited by irishbloo; Sep 3rd 2009 at 6:03 am. Reason: spelling
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 9:52 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slipshot
Correct - the featured game can be recorded but if it is not the featured match, it will probabaly still be shown but you do have to get up and watch it.

There are other options to getting around this but far more complicated...
Yep thats the problem with this.
I know its a p off missing the deal (if they won't budge) but $100 is actually very cheap for what is a very good PVR.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

I phoned them yesterday to get an IQ box in the theatre room. Its booked for tomorrow, no charge for installation just the monthly fee. Cant see why yours is $100?