Foxtel Deals

Old Jul 14th 2009, 4:15 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Foxtel Deals

I have been tempted by some of the promos running over the last few months to sign up with Foxtel. However, I have heard that you can really barter with them and get some amazing deals. One of my friends signed up with them a few years ago as they were offering free 1 month trials.

At the end of the month he called them and said he didn't want to continue with the service. He said that over the next week they didn't leave him alone, they kept calling back with grossly reduced monthly costs. He didn't take them up on their offer but I thought it was interesting to see how low they would go.

I was reading on a few google-searched forums that a few other people have decided they didn't want the service anymore and were offered similar style discounts.

So I'm thinking of approaching them and asking for a no-strings trial and then cancelling at the end of the trial to see how much of discount they will offer me. Anyone else had any similar experiences with Foxtel sales?
Old Jul 14th 2009, 4:28 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Foxtel Deals

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
I have been tempted by some of the promos running over the last few months to sign up with Foxtel. However, I have heard that you can really barter with them and get some amazing deals. One of my friends signed up with them a few years ago as they were offering free 1 month trials.

At the end of the month he called them and said he didn't want to continue with the service. He said that over the next week they didn't leave him alone, they kept calling back with grossly reduced monthly costs. He didn't take them up on their offer but I thought it was interesting to see how low they would go.

I was reading on a few google-searched forums that a few other people have decided they didn't want the service anymore and were offered similar style discounts.

So I'm thinking of approaching them and asking for a no-strings trial and then cancelling at the end of the trial to see how much of discount they will offer me. Anyone else had any similar experiences with Foxtel sales?
We had our Austar disconnected last month and that's exactly what happened. They called us five times in all - on the last occasion they even had a British woman call us for that like-minded sympathy effect. Their last offer, which we of course turned down, was basically the full line-up (minus sports about which we could not give a shit) for $20 a month.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 4:29 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
We had our Austar disconnected last month and that's exactly what happened. They called us five times in all - on the last occasion they even had a British woman call us for that like-minded sympathy effect. Their last offer, which we of course turned down, was basically the full line-up (minus sports about which we could not give a shit) for $20 a month.
wow! That's pretty damn good. I think I might be giving it a go then
Old Jul 14th 2009, 4:36 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
wow! That's pretty damn good. I think I might be giving it a go then
It's a bit like when your two year phone contract comes to an end and you phone 'em up and say that you're moving to another supplier - they suddenly find all these sweet deals to keep you with them - and a new phone to sweetn the deal.