Foxtel

Old Jul 1st 2012, 1:41 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Foxtel

Dont know if this has been covered as i havent been on here for quite a while but i managed to get quite a bit of discount off Foxtel.
Phoned up and cancelled,giving the required 1 month notice.They offered me free sports which i refused knowing there would be better deals along the way.
After a week or so the retention team rang me and offered me $45 per month for the full package(except movies) as i was paying $70 for the basic plus sports......not a bad deal.Oh and its not on contract so i can bin it at any time
Obviously you have to be out of your contracted period but its worth 'cancelling' to see what deal you can get.

regards

Lee
Old Jul 1st 2012, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Foxtel

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
Dont know if this has been covered as i havent been on here for quite a while but i managed to get quite a bit of discount off Foxtel.
Phoned up and cancelled,giving the required 1 month notice.They offered me free sports which i refused knowing there would be better deals along the way.
After a week or so the retention team rang me and offered me $45 per month for the full package(except movies) as i was paying $70 for the basic plus sports......not a bad deal.Oh and its not on contract so i can bin it at any time
Obviously you have to be out of your contracted period but its worth 'cancelling' to see what deal you can get.

regards

Lee
Every so often we do this.We ring up with the intention of cancelling but then they offer us a deal that we cant refuse.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 2:04 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Every so often we do this.We ring up with the intention of cancelling but then they offer us a deal that we cant refuse.
Yeah Irish just spreaading the word
Old Jul 1st 2012, 3:20 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I always haggle at the end of each contract. Currently paying $49 for the $77 package. Not as good a deal as the OP got though.

The OP has no contract but that means they can jack the price back up any time they want though.

Still, I'm into Netflix and Hulu Plus at the moment and that costs me about $25 all up including my American DNS and that's a lot better value than Foxtel.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 3:29 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

We dont have Foxtel, have thought of getting it though but we pay $100 a month for our phone and internet and just wondering what package deal we could get with Foxtel added on and if it would be worth it.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 4:04 am
pink 'n' bouncy

Originally Posted by renth
I always haggle at the end of each contract. Currently paying $49 for the $77 package. Not as good a deal as the OP got though.

The OP has no contract but that means they can jack the price back up any time they want though.

Still, I'm into Netflix and Hulu Plus at the moment and that costs me about $25 all up including my American DNS and that's a lot better value than Foxtel.
Yes that can price hike at any timebut they offered the deal for 6 months then "see how it goes" after that.Foxtel are desperate to keep punters due to people like yourselves downloading via the interweb
Old Oct 17th 2012, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

daddyoconnor will become famous soon enough

We have just phoned them about moving home and they want $150 from us. Hubbie asked where were thier loyalties to existing customers - when they are offering free installation and more to new customers - he told them no way and we were going to cancel - they wouldn't budgge - but that was the moving team he was talking to - when he tried to coontact the disconnection team was told no one there at present but they would ring back in about 5 days........ Will see what happens.....
Old Oct 18th 2012, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by daddyoconnor
We have just phoned them about moving home and they want $150 from us. Hubbie asked where were thier loyalties to existing customers - when they are offering free installation and more to new customers - he told them no way and we were going to cancel - they wouldn't budgge - but that was the moving team he was talking to - when he tried to coontact the disconnection team was told no one there at present but they would ring back in about 5 days........ Will see what happens.....
There is an unofficial 'retention' team that *might* contact people who have said no to all offers by the 'cancellation' team. You can not directly speak to the retention team and if you demand to do so they will refuse and possibly black mark you as they know you are playing the fake cancellation game.

However, as more people are doing this they are cracking down on the offers as it was ok when only something like 5% of customers doing it, but if it becomes something like 25% then it will be unsustainable and they will stop it.

Oh, btw I have a mate who use to work in the retentions team until 8 months ago thats how I know.