Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Flynns update, its a rollercoaster!

Flynns update, its a rollercoaster!

Old Dec 6th 2006, 7:30 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flynns update, its a rollercoaster!

Originally Posted by Bordy
Just wait for the next post.

The Garrett curse of 2006 strikes again.
Bet this is one family that can't wait for 2007 (wheres the 'fingers crossed' smilie?)
Old Dec 6th 2006, 7:31 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Oh god, I hope not.
Old Dec 6th 2006, 9:37 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Flynn's had a good day, they decided not to transfuse as, although his haemaglobin was low, the thing that makes the haemaglobin (can't remember the name) was high, so they think that given a few days he will catch up and make his own red cells. YAY! Now he doesn't have to have a new IV poked in his veins!!

His breathing rates still on the high side but all other vitals are good. He was allowed out for cuddles today with no Cpap for a couple of hours. He was wide awake for half an hour and was really looking around and stretching and putting his hands to his mouth etc. His eyes are just so gorg when they're open.

On a sad note (and i hate to spoil Flynns good day) Twins were born yesterday at 23 weeks. One of them died in the first hour. (the first death since we've been there) The other one survived. However she had a huge bleed to the brain on both sides and the parents had to make the heartbreaking decision to turn the ventilators off. It was all so sad, yet very dignified as the baby was taken from the room with all the staff etc. A premmie (April) in our bays Mum (Julie) is friends with the parents which made even more personal for all us in turn. Its kind of like a reality TV show in there, where everyone bonds so tight so quickly.

Little April is, as we speak, having eye surgery to try to save her sight, she was born at 23 weeks and weighed a shocking 503 grams! She is doing well now but has had so much oxygen that it has cause problems with her retinas. Poor Julie has had so much to cope with in the last 2 days and my heart goes out to her. I guess what i am trying to say is that all of us have our own dramas going on, that its so easy to forget those around you are going through so much too. Never take anything for granted
Old Dec 6th 2006, 9:45 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic news about Flynn Hevs, tragic news for the others. It really is heartbreaking isn't it Every day is precious.
Old Dec 6th 2006, 9:55 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clippies
Fantastic news about Flynn Hevs, tragic news for the others. It really is heartbreaking isn't it Every day is precious.
I don't know why i felt the need to share about the others. I guess that was what i was trying to convey. Everyday is indeed precious cos we never, ever know whats round the corner.............
Old Dec 6th 2006, 10:06 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
I don't know why i felt the need to share about the others. I guess that was what i was trying to convey. Everyday is indeed precious cos we never, ever know whats round the corner.............
I think that is exactly what you did convey Hevs, my heart goes out to them xxx
Old Dec 6th 2006, 10:22 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm so pleased about Flynn's progress, hevs. This all sounds so positive.

Thank you for mentioning the other people you're with there. That's so heartbreaking. What a terrible time some people have. The staff there sound so amazing. Deeply sorry for those people's loss. Tragic, especially just before Christmas.

Old Dec 6th 2006, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Old Dec 6th 2006, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by steandleigh
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=412086
Old Dec 6th 2006, 5:27 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Really glad little Flynns doing well. Glad he didnt need a
transfusion.

So sorry for the other families. Going off to give Ethan an extra cuddle now.

Joex
Old Dec 7th 2006, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear. Reckon we should all get together and do a whip round for a huge supply of cotton wool to wrap 'em all up in!

Hope things are good for you all today Hevs and co.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 7:35 am
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all

I have just found this thread after seeing you mentioned in the local paper as not being in the photo because of just giving birth to a baby boy. I can't believe what you are all going through and I'm so glad to see that Flynn's doing well. Keep fighting little man and show them what you're made of!!!

Lorraine
Old Dec 7th 2006, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by Lindsay Clan
I have just found this thread after seeing you mentioned in the local paper as not being in the photo because of just giving birth to a baby boy. I can't believe what you are all going through and I'm so glad to see that Flynn's doing well. Keep fighting little man and show them what you're made of!!!

Lorraine
They've been in the paper! I wanna see it
Old Dec 7th 2006, 9:09 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by Clippies
They've been in the paper! I wanna see it
Me too :scared:
Old Dec 7th 2006, 10:04 am
High in the Dandenongs

A great day today.....

Got there and Cpap was off and he was cruisey. I wasn't allowed to get him out cos the cranial ultra sound people were on their way up due to Flynns head growing a cm!! So they did the ultra sound, he did me a nappy or gargantuan puke making proportions and then, having had his alloted 2 hours off Cpap had to go back on

Anyway they decided cos he'd been so good he could rest for 4 hours then come back out again. For the last hour he was in a right old strop and was getting the prongs pulled out of his nose and lifting hiself of the bed and crying real tears. So we got him out half hour early and as soon as that Cpap came off and he was wrapped in my arms in a blanket he stopped wailing and began to look around. He stayed awake for 45 mins and his attention was largly on me and the green exit sign to the right of him! Then we both fell asleep curled up in the reclining chair It was the best!!

Poor April looked as though her eye lids had been boiled and she had got gob stoppers underneath them They said her right eye was severly damaged and she would have very little site in it, however the left one was better. They will know more in a couple of months.

Oh and the cranial ultra sound came back as "no change"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.