Flying from Ireland

Old Mar 8th 2008, 12:45 pm
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all
Default Flying from Ireland

Love to hear from anyone heading out from the Emerald Isle:
  • Who are you flying with?
  • What route are you taking?
  • What kinda quotes have you been getting?

Thanks in advance
Irish Gal
Old Mar 8th 2008, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

dor34 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Flying from Ireland

Hi Irish Gal,

We're flying to Perth on thurs 13th March...soooo excited. Going to validate our visas! We will fly: Dub-Heathrow -Singapore-Perth. We're flying with Singapore Airlines and we booked with Abbey Travel. It's cost us 5,700 Euro for 2 adults and 3 kids (my eldest is 14 so she pays adult fare) We won't arrive in Perth until 2am 15th March. Dreading the flight with the little ones (3 and 5) but have heard that SingaporeAir are a good airline to use with kids. When are you hoping to go?

Dor X
Old Mar 8th 2008, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

Leedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the rough

Hi All,

I flew on working holiday visa Feb 2007, did Cork-Heathrow (Aer Lingus), the Heathrow-Singapore & Singapore-Perth with Singapore Airlines.

Cost about €1,100 (return) with Trailfinders in Dublin.

Worst part was waiting around Heathrow for 4-5 hrs, knowing you got another day of travelling ahead

Came back the same way.

Can't fault Singapore Airlines, lots to keep you entertained onboard, music,videos, lots of beer and wine

After Ryanair & Jetstar any comfort is good!! Bit more legroom on Jetstar.

When I get my visa I'll fly to Melbourne. I might try Cork-Amsterdam just to avoid Heathrow.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 5:25 pm
Marie

Celtic Roses is a jewel in the roughCeltic Roses is a jewel in the roughCeltic Roses is a jewel in the roughCeltic Roses is a jewel in the roughCeltic Roses is a jewel in the rough

Hi All

We are Irish family just back from reccie in Brisbane / Gold Coast. We flew with Etihad Airways and they were excellent. Flew Dublin - Abu Dhabi - Singapore - Brisbane, plenty of inflight entertainment and kids were no problem although good ages, 13, 10 and 5. Food was constant and quite good although we oredered childrens meals and they were hit and miss. 3 adults (13 yr old was adult fare) and two kids - Euro 5,600. Enjoyed trip but 3 weeks is short to try and fit in holiday things and practical trips around suburbs, schools etc. Good luck with your journey!