Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Flying with a 3yr old, any tips on keeping him entertained

Flying with a 3yr old, any tips on keeping him entertained

Old Oct 10th 2007, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

the pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nice
Default Re: Flying with a 3yr old, any tips on keeping him entertained

Originally Posted by mark 'n' joe
Looks great thanks, just ordered a Terrance. Just hope its here before next Saturday This time next week we should have just arrived in Melbourne

Joex
I reckon you'll get in time, I ordered on 7th and Towgo arrived safe and sound today!!
It is wicked, gonna get the passport downloads going on, plenty of space for the teddies and all that, what we want to know is WHEN ARE THE ADULT ONES COMING OUT, we want a couple for ourselves
Best of luck for the journey to Melbourne and beyond, we are hoping not to be too far behind you (the OH is Melburnian and dying to get home!)
Old Oct 10th 2007, 6:30 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Well, we ordered it Sunday and it came on Tuesday Loads of room in it. Thanks, wrapped his books and things up last night, think we are all sorted now. Just got to reduce the pile of clothes Mark wants to take, and they say women are bad All the best.

Joex
Old Oct 10th 2007, 6:48 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Well, we ordered it Sunday and it came on Tuesday Loads of room in it. Thanks, wrapped his books and things up last night, think we are all sorted now. Just got to reduce the pile of clothes Mark wants to take, and they say women are bad All the best.

Joex
Yay that's great - ooh you must be sooo excited now Joe
Old Oct 10th 2007, 9:55 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Getting excited now, have hardly slept all week, Ethans laid up and coughing so he hasnt slept much either.

Jx
Old Oct 27th 2007, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

WHat a great thread Joe, hows it going chick???? This info has been invaluable to me, we have 10yr old and 3yr old and twins will be 2 on the flight (b'day cakes have been ordered by singapore Airlines!)

Did you know the Trunkies were originally on Dragons Den and the Dragons branded it as Tacky cos a clip bust (was really tugged though) so didnt invest......... BIG mistake!!

Sell them in Argos now too i think..

Doc told me Kids can react to phenergen by being hyper if they've not had the right dose.. he told me to bring mine in next week to be weighed and will give the right dose. will try before i buy though will also try the travel sickness tabs too..

S-j x Thanks for all the advise
Old Oct 28th 2007, 4:09 am
BE Enthusiast

the pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nice

Getting excited now, have hardly slept all week, Ethans laid up and coughing so he hasnt slept much either.

Jx
HOW IS MELBOURNE??!!!!
And how was the flight?! Hope Ethan was feeling better by then...
Hope all went well and you're having a great time
You'll be surprised to learn it is raining here, and almost dark even though it is still the afternoon

S-J is right about the Trunkies eh, the Dragons not investing in them - they're a bestseller on loads of baby websites now!! Am very happy with mine
Can't wait to use it on the flight to the States in less than 3 weeks' time!!! Am well excited, have not seen my sister for 12 years
Will be using all the tips on the flight, its a good practice run for when we go to Oz on Dec 6th.
Hope the twins have a super birthday on the flight S-J!
Old Oct 28th 2007, 11:08 am
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by black cat
Make sure you pack a change of clothes, my then 2 year old got motion sickness and managed to cover himself (and me) in sick! Take a few snacks and drinks to incase they don't fancy the airline food. A lot of the airlines also hand out kids packs with a few games and crayons etc which keeps them amused for the first half an hour! I found that for take off and landing instead of boiled sweets, a hard lollypop to suck helped with popping ears!
Good luck!
Have to agree - make sure you don't forget something for them to suck on for taking off and landing as it usually stops their ears popping and that can be distressing for little ones.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 9:04 pm
visa holder

Hello all

thanks for all the tips.
I gave him a lolly on take off and that was great.

Gave him phenergan but it took about 2 hours to kick in. He wasnt too bad on the flight though. I think i should have had some, I was so stressed. Singapore airlines are just fab, the best we have flown with. They gave him a colouring book when we got on asked his name and always spoke to him when they walked past. I gave him some of the things we had wrapped up. The food was brill too. We stayed in the Transit hotel for 12 hours, we had a good sleep which I definately think helped with the jetlag, as we didnt really have any. He slept for most of the flight to Melbourne too

We are in Adelaide now till Saturday, had really bad winds and storms for last couple of days. The trunkee is great when he got bored he just zooms up and down on it Off to Perth on Saturday for a week to see friends.

Thanks again

Joexx
Old Oct 28th 2007, 9:24 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Yay great to hear from you Joe, can't wait to hear a full report