British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Flights/seats with a 2 year old (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/flights-seats-2-year-old-669343/)

eeksy May 23rd 2010 12:05 am

Flights/seats with a 2 year old

I will be travelling alone with my 2 year old. Singapore Airlines seem to have great deals at the moment and I am looking at the A380 out of Singapore to London.

I've not flown with him since he was a baby which was easy with the bassinet but not sure what seats to go for this time. Upstairs has the 2-4-2 configuration and I was thinking about a row of 2 for us so we don't bother anyone else but then I thought about a row of 3 should we be lucky and not have a full flight!

Any suggestions to make travelling with a 2 year old easier? Will be going from Perth.

rebnatoli May 23rd 2010 12:22 am

Re: Flights/seats with a 2 year old

I would probably not risk the 3 as Singapore flights seem to fill up - so I would go for the 2 as life will be easier.

asprilla May 23rd 2010 12:50 am

Originally Posted by rebnatoli (Post 8583447)
I would probably not risk the 3 as Singapore flights seem to fill up - so I would go for the 2 as life will be easier.

wise words there... chances of getting an empty seat next to you, are close to zero. Go for the 2.

quoll May 23rd 2010 12:59 am

If you are going 747 even part of the way, go for one of the pairs at the back just behind the 3 seats by preference as you get almost the same space but there isnt quite enough to get the full 3 seats across.

Kooky. May 23rd 2010 1:44 am

I don't have children but have been on the A380 quite a few times and we always try to book the 2 seats. However I would caution you that getting those at the back, with nobody behind, seems attractive until you realise how many people will stand around you, waiting for the loo. Grabbing the back of your seat whilst they perform their stretches, etc., without a thought about how much they're shaking you around. :sneaky:

Same for the 747s. Look at www.seatguru.com for more clues as to the best seats.

BTW I travelled back from LHR a couple of weeks ago, between volcanic eruptions, and the plane was about 2/3 empty. I don't know if things have changed but I suspect people are avoiding travelling within/over Europe at the moment. In fact the SIN-SYD route was far from full; I had a row of 2 seats on the upper deck of the A380 to myself. :)

Carrianne May 23rd 2010 5:37 am

Hi,

We took our nearly 2 year old back to the UK on holiday with Etihad she was on my lap and no problem as we all seemed to sleep at the same time. We did the bedtime routine thing and kept Australian timing, so we got her ready for bed and she slept fo 2 of the legs.

I alos bought lots of cheap $2 toys and wrapped them up as presents so when she got bored with one she got another. great entertainment.

Also take a stroller, in case they are sleeping on transfer it makes life much easier. Make sure your agent books a childs meal too :thumbsup:

We are going back again in summer yippee and she will be 3 and a half and she cannot wait, a seat to herself and all them movies :D

Just don't stress I know I did at first :thumbsup: hoep this helps