Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Flights/seats with a 2 year old

Flights/seats with a 2 year old

Old May 23rd 2010, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

eeksy will become famous soon enougheeksy will become famous soon enough
Default Flights/seats with a 2 year old

I will be travelling alone with my 2 year old. Singapore Airlines seem to have great deals at the moment and I am looking at the A380 out of Singapore to London.

I've not flown with him since he was a baby which was easy with the bassinet but not sure what seats to go for this time. Upstairs has the 2-4-2 configuration and I was thinking about a row of 2 for us so we don't bother anyone else but then I thought about a row of 3 should we be lucky and not have a full flight!

Any suggestions to make travelling with a 2 year old easier? Will be going from Perth.
Old May 23rd 2010, 12:22 am
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of
Default Re: Flights/seats with a 2 year old

I would probably not risk the 3 as Singapore flights seem to fill up - so I would go for the 2 as life will be easier.
Old May 23rd 2010, 12:50 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebnatoli
I would probably not risk the 3 as Singapore flights seem to fill up - so I would go for the 2 as life will be easier.
wise words there... chances of getting an empty seat next to you, are close to zero. Go for the 2.
Old May 23rd 2010, 12:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

If you are going 747 even part of the way, go for one of the pairs at the back just behind the 3 seats by preference as you get almost the same space but there isnt quite enough to get the full 3 seats across.
Old May 23rd 2010, 1:44 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have children but have been on the A380 quite a few times and we always try to book the 2 seats. However I would caution you that getting those at the back, with nobody behind, seems attractive until you realise how many people will stand around you, waiting for the loo. Grabbing the back of your seat whilst they perform their stretches, etc., without a thought about how much they're shaking you around.

Same for the 747s. Look at www.seatguru.com for more clues as to the best seats.

BTW I travelled back from LHR a couple of weeks ago, between volcanic eruptions, and the plane was about 2/3 empty. I don't know if things have changed but I suspect people are avoiding travelling within/over Europe at the moment. In fact the SIN-SYD route was far from full; I had a row of 2 seats on the upper deck of the A380 to myself.

Last edited by Kooky.; May 23rd 2010 at 1:44 am. Reason: typo
Old May 23rd 2010, 5:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

We took our nearly 2 year old back to the UK on holiday with Etihad she was on my lap and no problem as we all seemed to sleep at the same time. We did the bedtime routine thing and kept Australian timing, so we got her ready for bed and she slept fo 2 of the legs.

I alos bought lots of cheap $2 toys and wrapped them up as presents so when she got bored with one she got another. great entertainment.

Also take a stroller, in case they are sleeping on transfer it makes life much easier. Make sure your agent books a childs meal too

We are going back again in summer yippee and she will be 3 and a half and she cannot wait, a seat to herself and all them movies

Just don't stress I know I did at first hoep this helps