flies on toast

Old Nov 19th 2007, 7:01 am
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of
Default Re: flies on toast

Originally Posted by aston man
has anyone got any good fly recieps,
i had two nice fat blue bottles this weekend,and to be honest,i feel i could do with them in some kind of garnish,dressing etc...they just need that bit of zing,theres just something missing..

any ideas...

flies in a nice white wine sauce,etc....

thanks.

astonchef...
how about sauteed in extra virgin olive oil with lime juice chilli and crushed garlic (beautiful with tiger prawns but flies should suffice)
Old Nov 19th 2007, 7:13 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Crow
I swallowed my first one on Saturday - it was half way down and wasn't coming back up, so I washed it down with some beer (or so I thought). A few hours, and beers, later the damn thing seemed to be drunkenly crawling back up - I was coughing so hard I thought I might be sick so I quickly ate my food and that did the trick
God thats awful how big was it dont say a proper bluebottle please

It reminds me of the song though did you try swallowing the spider to catch the fly.

Think I may stay here
Old Nov 19th 2007, 7:14 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Try frying them in tempura batter and dipping them in sweet chilli sauce. Don't think it will catch on though
Old Nov 19th 2007, 8:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond repute

i woudn't bother they taste like shite
Old Nov 19th 2007, 9:09 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aston man
has anyone got any good fly recieps,
i had two nice fat blue bottles this weekend,and to be honest,i feel i could do with them in some kind of garnish,dressing etc...they just need that bit of zing,theres just something missing..

any ideas...

flies in a nice white wine sauce,etc....

thanks.

astonchef...
I swallowed two whilst running yesterday. I find if you get them to hit the back of the throat just so, you don't get that bitter after taste...

I quite like them sauted in garlic and a little olive oil, then a dash of white wine and cream added at the last minute.

Quite yummy.

Have you considered chocolate coating them?
Old Nov 19th 2007, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Wendy
I'll swap you a fly recipe for an ant recipe - I've got billions of the damn things
Friend told me about a ant recipe he found on his travels (might have been in PNG), leave a bit of fish out on the veranda, wait until it is evenly coated in ants, drop it quickly in seasoned flour, bang it in the frying pan and ... Hey presto.. antcrumbed crunchy fish fillet... your guests will love it!!