Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Fixing reverse sensor or camera to my car ??

Fixing reverse sensor or camera to my car ??

Old Jan 31st 2015, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

muditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of light
Default Fixing reverse sensor or camera to my car ??

Hi,

I have a toyota yaris late 2010 model which doesn't have reverse sensor or camera.

So i want to fix reverse sensors or a camera to my car and when i ask from dealer, he said it will cost me $500 to fix the revese sensor.

Will there be any other cheap options ? Who else can fix this for me other than the dealer ?

Thanks.
Old Feb 1st 2015, 5:34 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fixing reverse sensor or camera to my car ??

You can buy a parking sensor system for next to nothing but you'd need to install it yourself.
Old Feb 1st 2015, 6:15 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fixing reverse sensor or camera to my car ??

Probably the best bet for fitting yourself is a wireless reversing camera. Still has to be wired to the brake light for power, and you need a screen of some sort with the driver, but no feeding of wires through the car. That's where this quote of $500 comes from, the manpower - the actual wireless camera unit is ~$30.

Oh, and if you are looking at this, it might be worth investigating 360deg all round cameras, so you can see and record from every angle. They are becoming something of a thing, for both dashcam type usages, and for seeing into blindspots.

One day, maybe, vehicle manufacturers will make adding sensors and devices simple by properly engineering an extensible system - just imagine the equivalent of plugging in a USB lead to sockets all over the car...