Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Fitness First - we salute you!

Fitness First - we salute you!

Old May 18th 2007, 12:55 am
That's Dr Bitch to you

Sass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Fitness First - we salute you!

I have to say a BIG thank you to Fitness First!

If you hadn't taken over the gym I was a member at, if you hadn't failed to maintain the equipment, if you had used low odour, non-toxic paints, if you had taken care of me when I had a serious medical problem, and if you had staff that gave a sh!t, then...............

I WOULD NEVER HAVE FOUND THE PERFECT GYM

So thank you for taking such good care of your members!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 18th 2007, 1:00 am
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fitness First - we salute you!

Originally Posted by Sass73

If you hadn't taken over the gym I was a member at, if you hadn't failed to maintain the equipment, if you had used low odour, non-toxic paints, if you had taken care of me when I had a serious medical problem, and if you had staff that gave a sh!t, then...............

Fitness First is a bag of shite, I used one here for a few 'weeks' it was unbearable, the changing rooms were dreadful. I too have found the perfect gym now because of the FF experience, so I too stand to attention!!
Old May 18th 2007, 1:03 am
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute

A UK run company I believe, and for that I am ashamed.

Having said that I was a member of one in Glasgow which was very decent.
Old May 18th 2007, 1:15 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

My OH had all sorts of problems with them in the UK when she tried to cancel her membership. In spite of repeated letters and phonecalls to them it took months to get them to terminate her membership (she wasn't in any sort of fixed length contract). Even then they passed her onto a Debt Collecting Agency over the last months fees even though she had first tried to cancel several months before . I also know of many other people who have had big problems with them.

Can't understand how they have managed to get so big as I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.
Old May 18th 2007, 1:19 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yanH
My OH had all sorts of problems with them in the UK when she tried to cancel her membership. In spite of repeated letters and phonecalls to them it took months to get them to terminate her membership (she wasn't in any sort of fixed length contract). Even then they passed her onto a Debt Collecting Agency over the last months fees even though she had first tried to cancel several months before . I also know of many other people who have had big problems with them.

Can't understand how they have managed to get so big as I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.
Can I join in on this one? FF are sending me threatening letters. I would care but I no longer live in the West Mids. I gave them two months notice of cancelling membership and kindly told them that I was leaving in the country, they wrote back a month later on a ripped scrap of ringed, lined notepaper (!) telling me that I was not allowed to cancel membership. They are now threatening me with action for no payment.

Ho hum
Old May 18th 2007, 2:04 am
That's Dr Bitch to you

Sass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond repute

I was able to cancel immediately because they had breached the code of practice and therefore breached their contract with me. They had no choice. There are a lot of people with the same problems as you - just need to do a search on the web for the negative feedback on Fitness Farce
Old May 18th 2007, 2:24 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

I found them ok in the uk , used the one in sydney while on hol there for month , that was a very good one !
The wife uses them here and is happy with it . They are now doing 1/2 price memberships for those who work away like me , so I may join too .

The holmes place i used in uk when i moved away from the ff was a lot worse , guess like any big company , they have good and bad staff / services
Old May 18th 2007, 3:38 am
Banned

Dom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud of

what's a gym?
Old May 18th 2007, 3:46 am
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perthforme
I found them ok in the uk , used the one in sydney while on hol there for month , that was a very good one !
The wife uses them here and is happy with it . They are now doing 1/2 price memberships for those who work away like me , so I may join too .

The holmes place i used in uk when i moved away from the ff was a lot worse , guess like any big company , they have good and bad staff / services
I loved going to Holmes Place in South Manchester. The pool was great. Alas I was a lazy cow then so did not make the most of it, but yeah I thought it was good, could have been because it was brand new though.
Old May 18th 2007, 3:52 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dom the Pom
what's a gym?

It's short for James
Old May 18th 2007, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

struth is on a distinguished road

they aren't the best of employers either, my 16 year old worked for them, they told her 1 friday she was the best wee cleaner they had......... you guessed it , sacked her on the monday !
Old May 18th 2007, 7:28 am
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

which gym? and which ones are the best in oz?
Old May 18th 2007, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

FF took over the gym membership list of the lovely little gym I used to frequent in the city.

When I tried to cancel, they found all sorts of obstacles to prevent me doing so....had to go to the gym in person, at the location I joined. As I had moved jobs and homes since that time, it was not easy. Then ...surprise...the only person who could possibly take the cancellation notice was not around.

I decided to stand close to people being persuaded to sign up and voice my concerns loudly...cancellation was grudgingly given!
Old May 18th 2007, 7:57 am
A rather curious boy

Originally Posted by Pomster
FF took over the gym membership list of the lovely little gym I used to frequent in the city.

When I tried to cancel, they found all sorts of obstacles to prevent me doing so....had to go to the gym in person, at the location I joined. As I had moved jobs and homes since that time, it was not easy. Then ...surprise...the only person who could possibly take the cancellation notice was not around.

I decided to stand close to people being persuaded to sign up and voice my concerns loudly...cancellation was grudgingly given!
nice approach.
My turd on the main changing bench is starting to seem a little vulgar!
Old May 18th 2007, 9:26 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

They had a thing about this on TV a few months ago, about people not been able to cancel their membership.
I also belive it is an Australian company as it was talking FF in Australia.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.