Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Fish and Chips Bayside Brisbane

Wikiposts

Fish and Chips Bayside Brisbane

Old Oct 22nd 2009, 12:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fish and Chips Bayside Brisbane

Originally Posted by emelems
Hi

Off Thread a little, is the Balti restaurant any good?

Em x
Top banana Ems
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 12:13 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Top banana Ems
Okey doke - methinks a visit might be in order in the v near future!

Ta

Em x
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 12:15 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
The much anticipated British fish and chips shop is opening tomorrow, near the balti restuarant in Birkdale. Anyone going? The kids and I are going to get lunch there. I'm looking forward to some plaice and scrampi.

Mrs JTL
Is this just 1 fish n chip shop in the whole of Brissy?

What happened to those who say 'you moved to OZ, live as an Aussie', so that means no decent fish n chips
The queues for this plaice say it all..excuse the pun
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 12:28 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Is this just 1 fish n chip shop in the whole of Brissy?

What happened to those who say 'you moved to OZ, live as an Aussie', so that means no decent fish n chips
The queues for this plaice say it all..excuse the pun
The fish here is far better and with wider choice. The chips however are almost all McCain type shit. IE not actually "real" potato....
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 12:30 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by kporte
The fish here is far better and with wider choice. The chips however are almost all McCain type shit. IE not actually "real" potato....
So does this place do proper fried potato chips??? if not why not??

Make your millions K, open a proper chip shop
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 12:32 am
Account Closed

I've never been. I wouldn't be seen dead with other Brits
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 12:36 am
Account Closed

I've never been. I wouldn't be seen dead with other Brits
Exactly, that's why we all leave UK isn't it.

What about Croc and chips, or Roo and chips, sounds more Aussie.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 12:41 am
Account Closed

Exactly, that's why we all leave UK isn't it.

What about Croc and chips, or Roo and chips, sounds more Aussie.
suits me as long as I don't have to drink that xxxx muck.......
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 12:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

suits me as long as I don't have to drink that xxxx muck.......
Fine, stick with your Carlton Mid
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 12:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Yep PROPER POTATO CHIPS The one's that stick to the greaseproof paper
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 1:00 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Yep PROPER POTATO CHIPS The one's that stick to the greaseproof paper
So not fried? in a big dirty chip pan? Not proper then
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 1:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So not fried? in a big dirty chip pan? Not proper then
Oh yes indeed in the big f off fryer imported all the way from Uk
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 7:59 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Yes for me it was the chips I missed, and it was great to have british style chips again.

I was very disappointed with the fish I got, it was plaice in breadcrumbs deepfried to death. I think if I got something out of a Birds Eye frozen fish box would have been nicer.

So the chips , thumbs up, fish, thumbs down, and price, thumbs way down.

I reckon the solution might be to order the fish from nearby fish and chips shop (fresh local fish), and the chips from the British chip shop. They're within 1 minute walk of each other anyway.

JTL

I will try these as they are within walking distance from home, but a great fish and chip shop in Alexandra hills, in the shopping centre, well just outside, they always have big queues, I phone order, the food is great. I still have struggled to find a chip shop that does proper batter though, they always see to turn out soggy rather than the crispy british way !

Oh well, there's always the Balti
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 8:14 am
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Good to hear you guys are getting some decent F&C at last but followed the link and sorry but first thing that came to my head was this...........

Mr Chumley Warner sketches were classic IMO

Dougie

PS lashings of viniger on mine please
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emelems
Hi

Off Thread a little, is the Balti restaurant any good?

Em x
We've been a couple of times and it's ok. For an indian restaurant in Australia it's great, if it was in the UK it'd be average (although the naans are lovely ). We go if we're in the area (we're about 50/60 mins away) I wouldn't drive down there just for a meal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.