First Test

Old Jun 22nd 2013, 12:37 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First Test

The general word in the UK is those last two penalties shouldn't have been, therefore the fact that their kicker choked is only good karma.

The ref did seem to be erring on one side ....

Old Jun 22nd 2013, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

I just can't wait for Monday
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedDragon2008
I just can't wait for Monday
oooooooooooooooo yes, I was given plenty of agro at work yesterday about was the Wallabies were going to do to the Lions

Haven't won the series yet but I am going to enjoy Monday morning VERY much indeed
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
The general word in the UK is those last two penalties shouldn't have been, therefore the fact that their kicker choked is only good karma.

The ref did seem to be erring on one side ....

I thought that many of the 50/50 calls went Australia's way. For example the one where the ball was considered out but Australia just stood over it and let a Lions player try and turn it over, it was a very hard call against the Lions and that was one of many, some very one sides ref calls I thought. Even the Aussie commentators I had to listen to agreed that Australia had the best of the ref calls.

There were also a good few occasions where the ref was playing advantage to the Lions but they gained no advantage and the ref let the advantage go far too easily.

Some poor kicking from Australia and some good defending from the Lions, will take any kind of 2 point win over Australia.
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 3:07 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I left work today telling the guys I was heading to the pub to watch the game......there was abuse, jeering, laughter behind me as I walked out......

.........just wait till I walk back in tomorrow !!!!!

One guy in the pub says the cheering was too loud and distracted the player taking the kick .. another one announced it was all a fix and Kiwis shouldn't be allowed to be referees!!
I hope you arent saying they were being sore losers?
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 2:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
Stop acting like a peasant Chris...

Don't tarnish rugby in this way - there are plenty of Australians who will want to see a good game. It's only the office plebs who want to wind it all up past a good measure.

I'm off with an Australian mate to see the Rebels game.

Good game, and Australia was in it right up to the final whistle but I think the score line flattered them. Brilliant individual moments by Israel.
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 2:46 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Nah, they aren't poor losers at all ....

http://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby-g...-1226668153734
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 2:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see a poor loser there, I just see a man who wanted his team to win.

Let's focus on the rugby. I was interested to see the Australian line up with all those playmakers in various (out of place) positions and those injuries...

the Lions could surely get the Second Test.
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 4:54 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear, how to make yourself look a little silly.

Old Jun 23rd 2013, 5:12 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

Oh dear, how to make yourself look a little silly.
As I say, I'm a little less forgiving than BadgeIsBack in these things. It's one thing to say "the team should have done better", another to get the positive side of any questionable decision AND then choke on two near certainties at the end of the match AND say the better team lost. Sour grapes.

Here's hoping for a 3 : 0 whitewash, just because the excuses will get increasingly desperate.
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 5:42 am
Banned

As I say, I'm a little less forgiving than BadgeIsBack in these things. It's one thing to say "the team should have done better", another to get the positive side of any questionable decision AND then choke on two near certainties at the end of the match AND say the better team lost. Sour grapes.

Here's hoping for a 3 : 0 whitewash, just because the excuses will get increasingly desperate.
Yes I agree, it is also very unsporting to try and detract from the achievement of the winning side especially when, as you say, they had 2 chances to win and couldnt do it. Sour grapes indeed. Being quite serious just for a moment I am wondering whether it is borne of frustration due to sporting success being pretty thin on the ground the last few years?
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 7:24 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Stop acting like a peasant Chris...

Don't tarnish rugby in this way - there are plenty of Australians who will want to see a good game. It's only the office plebs who want to wind it all up past a good measure.

I'm off with an Australian mate to see the Rebels game.

Good game, and Australia was in it right up to the final whistle but I think the score line flattered them. Brilliant individual moments by Israel.
Actually the Aussies in my local were VERY sore losers.
I turned the the noisiest bunch at the end (who all know me by sight) and said something about what a close game it had been, and good to watch, bad luck guys, etc - no gloating or anything. One bloke told me to go f*** myself (not a hint of fun about it, that was a nasty tone) , the others just turned their backs and kept blaming the ref, the weather, God, Satan, everyone but the Aussie team! "
I agree lots of Aussies would agree it was a good game, but in my personal experience, as with the Ashes, they are poor - and sore - losers.
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 8:09 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Actually the Aussies in my local were VERY sore losers.
I turned the the noisiest bunch at the end (who all know me by sight) and said something about what a close game it had been, and good to watch, bad luck guys, etc - no gloating or anything. One bloke told me to go f*** myself (not a hint of fun about it, that was a nasty tone) , the others just turned their backs and kept blaming the ref, the weather, God, Satan, everyone but the Aussie team! "
I agree lots of Aussies would agree it was a good game, but in my personal experience, as with the Ashes, they are poor - and sore - losers.
The way I see it Australians havent got the reputation for being poor losers for nothing, unfortunately equally bad winners. The reception you got is not surprising.
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 9:18 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The way I see it Australians havent got the reputation for being poor losers for nothing, unfortunately equally bad winners. The reception you got is not surprising.
Didn't surprise me either if I'm honest!
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 12:05 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

I watched the game in the Pig & Whistle Eagle st pier after a 6 hour session at the races. When we got there it was a sea of red shirts. By kick off most of those had left for the game leaving about an equal mix of fans. It was very vocal at times with plenty of good banter yet at the final whistle the two Aussie guys seated at the next table tapped me on the shoulder & shook my hand stating "good game"