Reload this Page >

First post question!

First post question!

Old Mar 29th 2007, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

BadHorsie01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default First post question!

Hi all, I'm Mick.

My Wife Jane and I are in the initial stages of getting the Emigration thing going. THinking of Brisbane or Gold Coast area.

Don't worry, this isn't a "what do I do" post .

My question is far more personal.

I'm a guitar player (electric). I'd be really grateful if anyone could clue me in on the band/bar/club scene in the part of Australia we're interested in. I do online jamming, but nothing is like playing it live

Anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks in advance for your input!

Mick
Old Mar 29th 2007, 8:33 pm
In Aus and loving it!

VikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: First post question!

Hi Mick,

Cant help you in the slightest but just wanted to say hello and welcome!
Old Mar 29th 2007, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by VikkiL
Hi Mick,

Cant help you in the slightest but just wanted to say hello and welcome!

Thanks Vicki!
Old Mar 29th 2007, 8:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadHorsie01
Hi all, I'm Mick.

My Wife Jane and I are in the initial stages of getting the Emigration thing going. THinking of Brisbane or Gold Coast area.

I'm a guitar player (electric). I'd be really grateful if anyone could clue me in on the band/bar/club scene in the part of Australia we're interested in. I do online jamming, but nothing is like playing it live

Anyone have any ideas?

Mick
Hi welcome to the mad house

Sorry can't help with your question, hopefully someone will come along who can
Old Mar 29th 2007, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by curly
Hi welcome to the mad house

Sorry can't help with your question, hopefully someone will come along who can
Thanks Curly!

It's not an imperative, so if no-one has experience of this, it's ok. I just thought I'd ask.

I got's to play my guitar. It keeps me grounded.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 8:46 pm
In Aus and loving it!

VikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of light

You will probably get more responses during the night tonight as obviously Oz have just got up! I am sure plenty of people will get back to you, dont worry!
Old Mar 29th 2007, 8:47 pm
Going going.........

Little miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to all

Hi all, I'm Mick.

Anyone have any ideas?

Mick
Hi Mick and welcome
Old Mar 29th 2007, 8:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Curly!

It's not an imperative, so if no-one has experience of this, it's ok. I just thought I'd ask.

I got's to play my guitar. It keeps me grounded.
My son's got 2 electric guitars, ones a bass, that's about all I know they stay mainly in their cases tho kids!!!!
Old Mar 29th 2007, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all, I'm Mick.

Anyone have any ideas?

Mick
have a look here:
http://www.google.com.au/search?as_q...s=&safe=images
Old Mar 29th 2007, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
Thanks! Looks like I have a lot of research to do!
Old Mar 29th 2007, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks! Looks like I have a lot of research to do!
no worries mate-i play the bass and there's a bit less choice down here....
Old Mar 29th 2007, 10:04 pm
Just Joined

no worries mate-i play the bass and there's a bit less choice down here....
Damn. Good bass players are like gold dust mate. There must be about 50 guitar players per square yard here.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Damn. Good bass players are like gold dust mate. There must be about 50 guitar players per square yard here.
never said i was good

whereabouts are you?
Old Mar 29th 2007, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

never said i was good

whereabouts are you?
Near Wigan/Preston England right now. Looking hopefully at east coast Aus though. 12 to 18 months away yet.