Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Fireworks at New Year

Fireworks at New Year

Old Dec 30th 2005, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fireworks at New Year

I suppose New Year in Australia is celebrated much the same way as here in the British Isles. Get pissed with friends and family, maybe a couple of spats between lovers or family members. Then the night rounded off with a dull and uninspiring firework display.

I don’t know when it happened, but Fireworks in my younger days were something that was only seen on November 5th. Now it seems like fireworks are used to celebrate all occasions, and in the case of Bonfire Night, it seems to have become a fortnight long festival. I personally don’t see the fascination with fireworks, and they cost so much and as one Palestinian said to the other they seem to blow up fast these days!

So what are your plans for this year, have you got your box of bangers and rockets ready yet?
Old Dec 30th 2005, 12:29 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fireworks at New Year

Mrs M has to be at work at 545am on 1st Jan. And guess what? Muggins here has to drive her. So let me know how those fireworks / family spats pan out
Old Dec 30th 2005, 12:36 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by manxfamily
I personally don’t see the fascination with fireworks, and they cost so much and as one Palestinian said to the other they seem to blow up fast these days!

So what are your plans for this year, have you got your box of bangers and rockets ready yet?

Hiya, yep this lot ses off fireworks all yr round it seems, Xmas, July 4, New Year etc plus they shoot their guns in the air at midnight although illegal it goes on... :scared:
Old Dec 30th 2005, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
Hiya, yep this lot ses off fireworks all yr round it seems, Xmas, July 4, New Year etc plus they shoot their guns in the air at midnight although illegal it goes on... :scared:
Wow, now that is a bit of redneck action you dont see very often (unless you live in Texas).
Old Dec 30th 2005, 2:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manxfamily
I suppose New Year in Australia is celebrated much the same way as here in the British Isles. Get pissed with friends and family, maybe a couple of spats between lovers or family members. Then the night rounded off with a dull and uninspiring firework display.

I don’t know when it happened, but Fireworks in my younger days were something that was only seen on November 5th. Now it seems like fireworks are used to celebrate all occasions, and in the case of Bonfire Night, it seems to have become a fortnight long festival. I personally don’t see the fascination with fireworks, and they cost so much and as one Palestinian said to the other they seem to blow up fast these days!

I'm staying in and saving penny's for Australia. Can't stand fireworks so won't be wasting money on them either.

Wendy

By the way: - I think it's damn inconsiderate of people setting fireworks off at midnight, what about the kids being in bed, people having to go to work early next day etc.

Enough moaning for today
Old Dec 30th 2005, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

fishcalgem is on a distinguished road

Hubbie has just come home from fireworks shop AGAIN with more, so cellar looks like small arms unit, don't know how he's gonna cope without the full on 5th november night!!!
Old Dec 30th 2005, 8:36 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
By the way: - I think it's damn inconsiderate of people setting fireworks off at midnight, what about the kids being in bed
Ditto - gets right on my tits (or should i say man boobs?)
Old Dec 31st 2005, 8:39 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Try living in Holland then at new year.

As soon as the clock stikes 12.00 it's just like world war 3 has just started.

Fireworks are massive over here at new year, and I must admit that will be one thing I will definitely miss if everything goes as planned and we get admitted to OZ.

here a couple of likes to dutch sites on fireworks. Turn up the volume !!

Fireworks films

click on knalvuurwerken, then 100Kcracker.

This is a chinese roll with 100,000 firecrackers. The Dutch favourite (but ilegal in Holland !). Mines all ready to roll out at 12.00 !!!!

Greets

Paul. snowy Holland

Happy new year all !!