Final uk wish

Old May 17th 2006, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Final uk wish

Originally Posted by ohippy
On my last day in the UK, I wish I could drive my car and smack straight into all the cars that park illegally that make my journey to work even more hell than it need be.

I'd love to pull out at roundabouts and juntions when cars are either indicating incorrectly or not bothering to indicate at all.

I wouldn't brake when people pull out directly in front of me without looking as they have a belief that they own the road and I'd get a crane and move all the cars parked on the pavement so pedestrians have to walk in the road and place the cars right slap bang on top of their own front door.

Ah, feel better now.

Anyone else with any last wishes ?
Hi there!!!

Excellent news to know you're almost on your way!! Best of luck with it all. We are settling in and I intend to post an update shortly.

Rachel
Old May 17th 2006, 8:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lori
i,m sorry i have to tell you this but all drivers over here drive like that ??? the young ones are the worst INCHES from the rear of your car,on phones ,and cutting you up etc. I keep telling myself.they would never pass a driving test in uk

They would where I live. EVERY driver is like that round here.
Old May 17th 2006, 10:11 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

My hubbies 'last thing to do' (if he had the bottle )is to walk into his boss's office and sh** on his desk
He says after taking all his sh** for nearly 20 years he'd like to get his own back

Mine is just to tell all my pain in the arse customers to f*** off

Loz x
Old May 18th 2006, 12:56 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loz
My hubbies 'last thing to do' (if he had the bottle )is to walk into his boss's office and sh** on his desk
He says after taking all his sh** for nearly 20 years he'd like to get his own back

Mine is just to tell all my pain in the arse customers to f*** off

Loz x
We have a suspended ceiling in my office and the tight gimp of an MD won't spring for Air conditioning i wouldnt mind but it is an office full of computers printers and gets friggin hot... so i am in half a mind to open a couple of cans of tuna and place them in different locations above the ceiling tiles come summer it will friggin stink !!!
Old May 18th 2006, 2:26 am
Forum Regular

hedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by NedKelly
Sorry to hear about that. WHat a pain in the arse. Our ex next door neighbour applied for planning permission for his extention about three weeks after we put our house on the market. Fortuneatly it was refused.
Thanks, yes our neighbours are right pains in the arse. I think if we rang the council they'd tell them to get half the extension down. If we were staying here we would but we don't want any more disruption we just want to sell now. The only thing I want in Oz is a DETACHED HOUSE. Good luck with your house selling.
Old May 18th 2006, 2:48 am
someone's had 'Alex'...

4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice

I can scarcely believe the sentiment in this thread. Don't emigrate thinking you'll find competent drivers, considerate neighbours or more tolerant managers, as it just won't happen.

I wish all prospective migrants the best but would strongly advise anyone to think twice about burning any bridges - this emigrating lark is a *lot* more trying than you will ever imagine. In 18 months we've seen countless couples and families throw in the towel and head 'home'.

Good luck!
Alex
Old May 18th 2006, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 4lex
I can scarcely believe the sentiment in this thread. Don't emigrate thinking you'll find competent drivers, considerate neighbours or more tolerant managers, as it just won't happen.

I wish all prospective migrants the best but would strongly advise anyone to think twice about burning any bridges - this emigrating lark is a *lot* more trying than you will ever imagine. In 18 months we've seen countless couples and families throw in the towel and head 'home'.

Good luck!
Alex
I don't think for one moment that everyone in Oz is absolutely adorable - that's not what this thread is about. It's about what you would do or say on the last day here knowing that you won't have to see these people ever again !!
Old May 18th 2006, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

On my last day in the UK, I wish I could drive my car and smack straight into all the cars that park illegally that make my journey to work even more hell than it need be.

I'd love to pull out at roundabouts and juntions when cars are either indicating incorrectly or not bothering to indicate at all.

I wouldn't brake when people pull out directly in front of me without looking as they have a belief that they own the road and I'd get a crane and move all the cars parked on the pavement so pedestrians have to walk in the road and place the cars right slap bang on top of their own front door.

Ah, feel better now.

Anyone else with any last wishes ?

Mine are simple, 2 get scrap dealer to take away the very very annoying bloke next doors rusty old heap from outside my house and for lots of Polish fruit pickers (probably fit 12 of em in my house) to rent it after me
Old May 18th 2006, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 4lex

Good luck!
Alex

Don't expect much difference from here, well apart from better service in shops, better weather, more varied wildlife and being able to afford a decent house oh and cheesecake shops yummy .
Been there and seen it for myself I have very realistic expectation (same old sh*t shinier bucket). Some expect it to be like one long holiday but it isn't. Can be very tough on some people I do not expect to have too many problems settling in as have over 30 family members living in and around where we want to live. Not expecting to come back and really don't have that many bridges to burn. Just want something different in ways that are really clear to myself but would be an endless list if I went into detail.

I too wish all making the long move the very best and hope that Australia turns out to offer them everything they wish from it
Old May 18th 2006, 6:54 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to turn up in the last week of work wearing thongs, board shorts, vest and a hat with corkscrews on it.

I shall speak in an obviously fake and very bad Aussie accent and call everyone 'mate' and ginger people ' bluey'.

I shall insist on bringing in a small BBQ tray (sold in sainsburys) and heating some sausages in the kitchen and say 'Anyone for a barbie?'

I shall re label the toilet 'Dunny'

And for background music, play 'Men at work' and 'come from a land down under' or 'Kylie Minogue' constantly.

And when asked why I am doing this I shall say 'I am emigrating dont you know? Didnt I tell you?'

I shall tell them dozens of times just so they know.

At lunch time, I shall wet my hair in the toilet and come down clutching a large surfboard and say 'Strewth, the surfs up in the ladies toilets'.

(If only I had the courage....)
Old May 18th 2006, 7:05 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

There were, originally, six members of the Hutchinson family in the UK. My sister left first (married an aussie and went to live in Sydney, 16-odd years ago), my youngest brother left next (he's currently in Thailand running a dive school and building up a paper trail for his girlfiend so she can get a visa and move to Oz in '07), my parents left six years ago (to retire to Australia where my dad was born and raised) and I'm off in about 7 weeks with my wife and son. The last thing I'd like to do before we leave, is convince my younger brother, currently living on the Gower in Wales, to sell up and join us all down-under - and, by the way, could he turn the lights off when he leaves.
Old May 18th 2006, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I would like to turn up in the last week of work wearing thongs, board shorts, vest and a hat with corkscrews on it.

I shall speak in an obviously fake and very bad Aussie accent and call everyone 'mate' and ginger people ' bluey'.

I shall insist on bringing in a small BBQ tray (sold in sainsburys) and heating some sausages in the kitchen and say 'Anyone for a barbie?'

I shall re label the toilet 'Dunny'

And for background music, play 'Men at work' and 'come from a land down under' or 'Kylie Minogue' constantly.

And when asked why I am doing this I shall say 'I am emigrating dont you know? Didnt I tell you?'

I shall tell them dozens of times just so they know.

At lunch time, I shall wet my hair in the toilet and come down clutching a large surfboard and say 'Strewth, the surfs up in the ladies toilets'.

(If only I had the courage....)
PP that's fantastic - fancy doing that myself. I'd have Rolf Harris music though - do you remember 'Tie me Kangaroo down Sport' ?

I have bought the cork hat though as well as blow up sharks and kangaroos. Two of my friends left this week and their collections were well over £70 - I won't even get a card so will go out in style !!
Old May 18th 2006, 9:38 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

PP that's fantastic - fancy doing that myself. I'd have Rolf Harris music though - do you remember 'Tie me Kangaroo down Sport' ?

I have bought the cork hat though as well as blow up sharks and kangaroos. Two of my friends left this week and their collections were well over £70 - I won't even get a card so will go out in style !!

where did you get the hat from?????

i'll send youa card!!! coz your the best!!!

i shall miss you and i hope to be on the same flight!!!!
Old May 18th 2006, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by alan and sam
where did you get the hat from?????

i'll send youa card!!! coz your the best!!!

i shall miss you and i hope to be on the same flight!!!!
http://www.partypacks.co.uk/list.asp...d:pg;dt:themes

Brilliant site - I've got the hats, outfit, flags and blow up kangaroos, sharks, parrots and crocodile - all ready for my 'goodbye' party. Very good value
Old May 18th 2006, 9:44 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.partypacks.co.uk/list.asp...d:pg;dt:themes

Brilliant site - I've got the hats, outfit, flags and blow up kangaroos, sharks, parrots and crocodile - all ready for my 'goodbye' party. Very good value

fab thanks hon!!

saved that to fav's for ours!!! (sorry pinching your idea)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.