FIFO work

Old Jan 13th 2015, 10:39 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FIFO work

Originally Posted by renth
I'm planning to start FIFO later this year, hopefully for 5 or so years then retire.

That's the plan, we'll see if it happens though...
What game you in fella? I'm toying with the idea of going maintenance when the construction fizzles out, 2 and 1 roster....very much in 2 minds though, as FIFO has lost it's appeal for me somewhat
Old Jan 13th 2015, 9:09 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
What game you in fella? I'm toying with the idea of going maintenance when the construction fizzles out, 2 and 1 roster....very much in 2 minds though, as FIFO has lost it's appeal for me somewhat
Hi, I've got 10 years firefighting and emergency management experience and am studying the Cert IV Mining Emergency Response Officer so am hoping to get into that. I have quite a few mates who do it so believe I have the all important inside contacts.

I've got Cert. IV Trainer/Assessor too.

I'll only be interested in a "family friendly" roster like 8:6 though.

Last edited by renth; Jan 13th 2015 at 11:02 pm.
Old Jan 14th 2015, 8:40 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I've got 10 years firefighting and emergency management experience and am studying the Cert IV Mining Emergency Response Officer so am hoping to get into that. I have quite a few mates who do it so believe I have the all important inside contacts.

FMG amd RTIO offer this roster for their operations people

I was recently offered a FIFO roster of 5:2:4:3 in Newman. I turned it down as I found something locally. Luckily in my game you can earn as much, or more, in Perth as you can get FIFO
Old Jan 14th 2015, 8:47 am
Account Closed

The only trouble is that the money is in construction for the most part, I would love the idea of 8 and 6 but that would be working direct for the mine/operator I would imagine. In my experience you can have longevity (maintenance), or big bucks(construction) but rarely both.

Originally Posted by Amazulu
FMG amd RTIO offer this roster for their operations people

I was recently offered a FIFO roster of 5:2:4:3 in Newman. I turned it down as I found something locally. Luckily in my game you can earn as much, or more, in Perth as you can get FIFO
Rent boy???? Newman is a rat hole, now Tom Price would get my attention, lovely place
Old Jan 14th 2015, 8:50 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

The only trouble is that the money is in construction for the most part, I would love the idea of 8 and 6 but that would be working direct for the mine/operator I would imagine. In my experience you can have longevity (maintenance), or big bucks(construction) but rarely both.

Rent boy???? Newman is a rat hole, now Tom Price would get my attention, lovely place
That's what you do on site! Hopefully it's a good gig for you

Agree about Tom Price. Never been to Newman and have no great desire to go
Old Jan 14th 2015, 8:52 am
Account Closed

That's what you do on site! Hopefully it's a good gig for you

Agree about Tom Price. Never been to Newman and have no great desire to go
It brings in the extra few quid I need to finance the Nags Head
Old Jan 14th 2015, 9:24 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Rent boy????
Funny you should mention that as when I first came across Renth it was the first thing that came to my mind.

To be honest in my early days his wit, sarcastic and otherwise, really got to me to the extent that he was top of my "bop on the nose" expats list for a while.

However I soon realised it was a flavour to be savoured and enjoyed like a rich and heavy Merlot. .....and besides he's only a tutor and fireman.

I would still like to know what Renth means though..... if anything.
Old Jan 14th 2015, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

LeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really nice

Who you working for Steve - JHG?

I could have done the FIFO on the RoyHill job with BGC, but we were having a baby as it was about to start, I ended up on a residential job in South Australia. I think I would find it hard doing FIFO. I know some do, and I know others who love it. They like that they get real 'off' time. Whereas I tend to have my phone beeping all weekend with work emails and take the odd call, so probably don't get a real break.

I take my hat off to those that manage to do it.
Old Jan 14th 2015, 1:07 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Funny you should mention that as when I first came across Renth it was the first thing that came to my mind.

To be honest in my early days his wit, sarcastic and otherwise, really got to me to the extent that he was top of my "bop on the nose" expats list for a while.

However I soon realised it was a flavour to be savoured and enjoyed like a rich and heavy Merlot. .....and besides he's only a tutor and fireman.

I would still like to know what Renth means though..... if anything.
Thanks, (I think).
Old Jan 14th 2015, 9:52 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by LeeWillo
Who you working for Steve - JHG?

I could have done the FIFO on the RoyHill job with BGC, but we were having a baby as it was about to start, I ended up on a residential job in South Australia. I think I would find it hard doing FIFO. I know some do, and I know others who love it. They like that they get real 'off' time. Whereas I tend to have my phone beeping all weekend with work emails and take the odd call, so probably don't get a real break.

I take my hat off to those that manage to do it.
I'll be working along side Hollands, but not for them, decent bunch of lads, worked with them all before. FIFO's not for everyone, the main thing is to not get reliant on the money, so you need to carry on past when you want to do it. Seems that there's been a glut of suicides lately too, which is never nice. A year to go for me, and that's it unless I go to maintenance
Old Jan 15th 2015, 12:44 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be working along side Hollands, but not for them, decent bunch of lads, worked with them all before. FIFO's not for everyone, the main thing is to not get reliant on the money, so you need to carry on past when you want to do it. Seems that there's been a glut of suicides lately too, which is never nice. A year to go for me, and that's it unless I go to maintenance
Suicides? Why would that be.
Old Jan 15th 2015, 1:42 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by papilon
A lot of people's relationships with wives/girlfriends/families breakdown with FIFO also my understanding is there is a lot of bullying and a "toughen up, princess" attitude.
Old Jan 15th 2015, 8:02 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by papilon
A lot of people's relationships with wives/girlfriends/families breakdown with FIFO also my understanding is there is a lot of bullying and a "toughen up, princess" attitude.
There are a mass of reasons really, these definitely amongst them. You'd be amazed at something as simple as shit camp food can affect someone. Keep active, and avoid stewing in your Donga if you don't like your own company, avoid the wet mess at all costs
Old Jan 15th 2015, 9:11 am
Proudly Deplorable

There has been a spate of suicides on mine sites but is it really higher than in the overall population?

Apparently the suicide rate among young men (who make up the majority of FIFO) is the highest of all groups in the western world
Old Jan 15th 2015, 9:24 am
Account Closed

There has been a spate of suicides on mine sites but is it really higher than in the overall population?

Apparently the suicide rate among young men (who make up the majority of FIFO) is the highest of all groups in the western world
You're right, it's no higher from what I understand, it's only that these guys all had FIFO in common, 12 last year just on one company's sites..See numbers like that and everyone shouts up about it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.