Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

That feeling.....again!

That feeling.....again!

Old Jan 30th 2008, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold
Default That feeling.....again!

We know that we are not on our own, but my husband and I are in quite serious depression mode at the moment and can not seem to shake it off.
All we want to do it get on that big white bird and start our new life adventure.
I got up this morning in cold blighty, went to work in the dark, came home in the dark and we sat with the central heating on all night. We even lit the fire tonight.
We know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel but we just keep wondering how long this tunnel is going to go on.
Surely the housing market is going to pick up soon
Let's generate some serious positive vibes for all of us in limbo land, oh and have a drink together to numb the depression. Cheers.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 8:30 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: That feeling.....again!

Originally Posted by grahampaula
We know that we are not on our own, but my husband and I are in quite serious depression mode at the moment and can not seem to shake it off.
All we want to do it get on that big white bird and start our new life adventure.
I got up this morning in cold blighty, went to work in the dark, came home in the dark and we sat with the central heating on all night. We even lit the fire tonight.
We know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel but we just keep wondering how long this tunnel is going to go on.
Let's generate some serious positive vibes for all of us in limbo land, oh and have a drink together to numb the depression. Cheers.
It is very hard at the moment thats for sure.

We didnt have a proper summer last year and to me it feels like we have had over a year of winter with little warmth/sunshine.

I stood on the tube this arvo, it was packed - train failure at some station or other, everyone looked so pale and ill.

I guess we will be swapping the cold/damp/wet weather for weather so hot that we have to do our sunblock 30 mins before we go out.

We suffer for our weather whatever country we live in, I reckon we may adapt to certain sacrafices better in one country than another.

We fly out in 5 weeks
Old Jan 30th 2008, 8:31 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

I have heard the housing market is starting to pick up already
OOh a real fire! toast some bread and marshmallows enjoy.

cheer up go and see some places in the UK you will miss! have fun with your mates you will be leaving soon enough!
Old Jan 30th 2008, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
It is very hard at the moment thats for sure.

We didnt have a proper summer last year and to me it feels like we have had over a year of winter with little warmth/sunshine.

I stood on the tube this arvo, it was packed - train failure at some station or other, everyone looked so pale and ill.

I guess we will be swapping the cold/damp/wet weather for weather so hot that we have to do our sunblock 30 mins before we go out.

We suffer for our weather whatever country we live in, I reckon we may adapt to certain sacrafices better in one country than another.

We fly out in 5 weeks

Fantastic, have a safe and pleasant journey, hopefully we will be posting the same soon.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by asher
I have heard the housing market is starting to pick up already
OOh a real fire! toast some bread and marshmallows enjoy.

cheer up go and see some places in the UK you will miss! have fun with your mates you will be leaving soon enough!
Well we feel better already, lets hope that is the case. Oh and we forgot to mention it is a gas fire, but still looks and feels nice!
We will visit a few special places in the UK, but also keep looking at the books of places that we will visit when we arrive.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 8:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I really feel for you. It must be so horrible waiting all this time

Sending you some house selling karma
Old Jan 30th 2008, 8:51 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Well we feel better already, lets hope that is the case. Oh and we forgot to mention it is a gas fire, but still looks and feels nice!
We will visit a few special places in the UK, but also keep looking at the books of places that we will visit when we arrive.
Enjoy your fire!

you will soon be cursing having to put sunscreen on every day

Keep positive about your house, have you got a back up plan in case it doesn't sell before you go?
Old Jan 30th 2008, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Wendy
I really feel for you. It must be so horrible waiting all this time

Sending you some house selling karma
Thanks Wendy, it doesn't seem long ago when we were applying for our visas about the same time as you and many other regular members. I am sure that we are the only ones still here. I spoke to Loz the other day and remember going to a meet in Wakefield with her, it seems like years ago now.
Anyway, chin up and thanks for the karma.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 8:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Wendy, it doesn't seem long ago when we were applying for our visas about the same time as you and many other regular members. I am sure that we are the only ones still here. I spoke to Loz the other day and remember going to a meet in Wakefield with her, it seems like years ago now.
Anyway, chin up and thanks for the karma.

Your house has got to sell eventually - I hope it's soon
Old Jan 30th 2008, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Enjoy your fire!

you will soon be cursing having to put sunscreen on every day

Keep positive about your house, have you got a back up plan in case it doesn't sell before you go?
No back up plan what so ever, it has to sell NOW, or very soon, please!
We can not go until the house has sold.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Wendy
Your house has got to sell eventually - I hope it's soon
Thanks
Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:08 am

No back up plan what so ever, it has to sell NOW, or very soon, please!
We can not go until the house has sold.
keeping fingers crossed for you
Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

keeping fingers crossed for you
Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:30 am
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute

Four houses have 'sold' signs on them here - they were on the market for 6months {at least} b4 xmas!!!

Good Luck

Nicky
Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The O'Neills
Four houses have 'sold' signs on them here - they were on the market for 6months {at least} b4 xmas!!!

Good Luck

Nicky
Where are you? we are moving our house near you for a quick sale. We have been on the market now for about 15 months with two sales falling through.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.