Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Favourite Poster of days gone by

Favourite Poster of days gone by

Old Jan 9th 2006, 4:19 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Favourite Poster of days gone by

Re-reading some old threads that got dragged up earlier made me think about some of the people who no longer post here anymore. Lots of them out there, some of them very memorable, so who would you choose as your favourite?

Mine choice is Jayr, loved his sense of humour, no pish or stupid stuff, just pure sharp wit. My online version of Dagboy, complete with his yuppie clothes & dapper dress sense . He would have had a nomination for funniest male poster from me if he still posted .

Closely followed by Megs/Quinkana, loved reading his very pointed replies to some of the whinging on here .

So who's your favourite poster that doesn't post any more?

Last edited by MrsDagboy; Jan 9th 2006 at 4:23 am.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 4:32 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Favourite Poster of days gone by

welshboybilly
Old Jan 9th 2006, 4:37 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Closely followed by Megs/Quinkana, loved reading his very pointed replies to some of the whinging on here
That must have been in the days when you could make pointed replies and people took it as humour was it, rather than the way anyone who makes a pointed reply now becomes a pariah to be hunted by the moral masses
Old Jan 9th 2006, 4:56 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 232Bar
That must have been in the days when you could make pointed replies and people took it as humour was it, rather than the way anyone who makes a pointed reply now becomes a pariah to be hunted by the moral masses
Actually - re-reading some of those old threads has illustrated to me how there was a lot more venom about then - real vitriolic bitterness. I'm not averse to a good old slanging match myself, but it puts so many people off that there really is no 'up' side to it. If you really miss that sort of thing, there's always the lounge.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 5:00 am
Banned

Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Actually - re-reading some of those old threads has illustrated to me how there was a lot more venom about then - real vitriolic bitterness. I'm not averse to a good old slanging match myself, but it puts so many people off that there really is no 'up' side to it. If you really miss that sort of thing, there's always the lounge.
(thick North Yorkshire accent)
Aye, posters have it so much easier these days, but try telling that to the newbies an' they just wont believe you
Old Jan 9th 2006, 5:06 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Pommy Bastard.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 5:08 am
Banned

Originally Posted by renth
Pommy Bastard.
You been hiding behind your star spangled banner renth ? should have been a yank
Old Jan 9th 2006, 5:13 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
You been hiding behind your star spangled banner renth ?
I've been up to other things lately - got into Bittorrents (UKNova http://www.uknova.com/) and Ebay. I've also been setting up my home network and installing OSX on an iMac I got given.

That and the constant Xmas eating and drinking have kept me away for a while.

It's getting a bit stale here though, the Australia forum is all about immigration, which is why I like the barbie.

Anyway, back on topic, Pommie Bastard was great, a Perth veteran of about 9 years he went back to the UK a couple of years ago and liked nothing more than winding up the "dreamers" on this site. Pure entertainment.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 5:19 am
Banned

those bittorent things dont you have to request files ?
I prefer private p2p servers where I know the owners.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 5:21 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
those bittorent things dont you have to request files ?
I prefer private p2p servers where I know the owners.
Have a look at the Wikipedia BitTorrent page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bittorrent
Old Jan 9th 2006, 5:37 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth

Anyway, back on topic, Pommie Bastard was great, a Perth veteran of about 9 years he went back to the UK a couple of years ago and liked nothing more than winding up the "dreamers" on this site. Pure entertainment.
Never ceases to amaze me what some people thing is amusing or entertainment . PB was a wanker .
Old Jan 9th 2006, 5:43 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

BridieJ and Jaydee, are 2 names I haven't seen come up in a while.

ZX.....
Old Jan 9th 2006, 6:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
BridieJ and Jaydee, are 2 names I haven't seen come up in a while.

ZX.....
Yeah, haven't seen BridieJ for ages, does she still post on here?

I bet Professional P misses Balushi, there were some really funny threads back then

and what has happened to Debsy? haven't seen her around for ages... miss Badge, he was funny.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 6:55 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Larissa
Yeah, haven't seen BridieJ for ages, does she still post on here?

I bet Professional P misses Balushi, there were some really funny threads back then

and what has happened to Debsy? haven't seen her around for ages... miss Badge, he was funny.

Oh yes old badge....

ZX.......
Old Jan 9th 2006, 7:09 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

megs by a mile!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.