Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Favourite Bond Movie

View Poll Results: Favourite Bond movie - First 15..
Dr No
10.00%
From Russia With Love
5.00%
Goldfinger
20.00%
Thunderball
5.00%
You Only Twice
0%
On Her Majesty's Secret Service
0%
Diamonds Are Forever
5.00%
Live and Let Die
15.00%
The Man With the Golden Gun
0%
The Spy Who Loved Me
15.00%
Moonraker
5.00%
For Your Eyes Only
0%
Octopussy
15.00%
A View To a Kill
5.00%
The Living Daylights
0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Favourite Bond Movie

Old Oct 31st 2009, 12:18 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Favourite Bond Movie

Originally Posted by The Bloke
.... and Jaws?

Yes, of course! But with all those other great things, it was easy to forget him

S
Old Oct 31st 2009, 10:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light

Got to be Goldfinger. Big Tam Connery was ace in that!
Old Oct 31st 2009, 11:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Can't believe someone is winding me up and rigging my poll with votes for Live and Let Die and Octopussy.
Old Oct 31st 2009, 11:38 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Can't believe someone is winding me up and rigging my poll with votes for Live and Let Die and Octopussy.
Interesting ho Roger Moore is often derided as being the worst bond, yet in this little poll, he is the Bond who's taken the most votes...

I think that deep down inside everybody loves Rog, but people feel the need to jump on the Connery band wagon when discussing in public

S
Old Oct 31st 2009, 11:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Interesting ho Roger Moore is often derided as being the worst bond, yet in this little poll, he is the Bond who's taken the most votes...

I think that deep down inside everybody loves Rog, but people feel the need to jump on the Connery band wagon when discussing in public

S
!

When I was a kid, I loved old 'Rog'.....and all the old sweats preferred Connery. When I was a young adult everyone raved about Connery...people of several generations. You couldn't move without someone trotting a Connery line out...

Now we have Brosnan and Craig alot of people seem to realise that there are other actors out there who have played him just as well, or even more accurately.

A distinct lack of Connery fans on this thread - which I would have expected...
Old Nov 1st 2009, 12:46 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

S
Frankly, I alway believed that people considered George Lazenby to be the worst, since he only appeared in one film. I found that they were all good, in their own way, with the exception of David Craig, though I guess the ability of the actor can only sometimes be measured in the quality of the scripts and plots.
Old Nov 1st 2009, 7:15 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

My least favourite was Dalton. I know he brought it back from the slapstick that was Roger Moore but his acting left me cold.
Old Nov 1st 2009, 7:35 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
My least favourite was Dalton. I know he brought it back from the slapstick that was Roger Moore but his acting left me cold.

Yes, the later Roger Moore ones weren't anywhere near as good as the earlier ones. I think they started to head down hill after Moonraker/For your Eyes Only.

I've never really rated Dalton as an actor - he's so wooden in just about everything he's ever been in (apart from Hot Fuzz of course!)

S
Old Nov 1st 2009, 7:46 am
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack

Me - Favourite Bond - Brosnan.
Just watch Mamma Mia - that will change that

Daniel Craig rocks.
Old Nov 1st 2009, 8:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by harrip
Just watch Mamma Mia - that will change that

Daniel Craig rocks.
I did see it infact when a group of us went down to a friend's beachhouse last summer.

He was hilarious!!!
Old Nov 1st 2009, 9:01 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

S
Loathed Roger Moore as Bond. He just seemed to be taking the piss the whole time and most of his films were plain silly. Connery was and is the best although Brosnan and the latest bloke are not bad, they've taken the character back to how he was intended (imo anyway). I voted Goldfinger as the best. It was probably the first time I was taken to the local flea pit and the film made a huge impression.

The only reason Lazenby is knocked is because the storyline of the film was such rubbish. Had Connery done that film, I think it would have still been rubbish.
Old Nov 1st 2009, 10:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
None - they're aw pish

[QUOTE=Swerv-o;8060917

S[/QUOTE]

Sean Connery has always been my 'older guy fling', should I have been given the chance! def do not love Roger Moore!
Old Nov 1st 2009, 10:37 am

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire

Sean Connery has always been my 'older guy fling', should I have been given the chance! def do not love Roger Moore!
Was it was the tupee' that turned you on to Sean?
Old Nov 1st 2009, 10:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Was it was the tupee' that turned you on to Sean?

He was rather suave when younger & does have that lovely Scottish accent!
Attached Thumbnails Favourite Bond Movie-sean-connery.jpg  
Old Nov 1st 2009, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by sallyclaire

He was rather suave when younger & does have that lovely Scottish accent!
Especially in Dr No! Seen some of his pre-Bond flicks, seemed strange.

I thought he'd been to someone like Ashley Martin when he was in "Hunt For Red October".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.