Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Fate and all things odd......

Fate and all things odd......

Old Feb 4th 2006, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fate and all things odd......

How strange is this. Mark and I got married at Gladwin's Farm in Nayland (its beautiful). We've been trying to sort accommodation out for the 5 weeks before we fly. Mark drove up to Gladwin's yesterday on the 'off chance' they may have something. They have some self catering cottages, a lot of the time they're fully booked but for the exact dates we need (24th Feb to 31st March)! Apparently another party booked in and had to cancel! We're so chuffed as 11 yrs ago we got married there and we'll be able to celebrate our 11th wedding anniversay with our kids in the very place we started off (incidentally on the 11th March)!

The owner said its 'fate'.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 8:33 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fate and all things odd......

I hadn't seen Angie for 20 years. We went to school together and used to hang out in a crowd.

We got chatting when I was still in the UK and it turned out she was emigrating too! To Perth! To Carramar where she'd already sorted out schooling for her kids! her hubby was in the same trade as mine and her daughter had the same birthday as our daughters! She now lives down the road from us. So do two other school friends from the UK.

The weirdest feeling was walking down a Freo street with three other girls I went to school with and hadn't seen for 20 years! There we were, 12,000 miles from where it all began: and still friends
Old Feb 4th 2006, 8:34 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

What a lovely way / place to fill the time between finishing one stage of your life and starting the next. I'd agree it's fate. Enjoy those special weeks in that special place and have some karma by way of best wishes for your forthcoming anniversary!

Binbird
Old Feb 4th 2006, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by binbird
What a lovely way / place to fill the time between finishing one stage of your life and starting the next. I'd agree it's fate. Enjoy those special weeks in that special place and have some karma by way of best wishes for your forthcoming anniversary!

Binbird
TY, it feels very special as if its meant to be!
Old Feb 4th 2006, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TraceyW
I hadn't seen Angie for 20 years. We went to school together and used to hang out in a crowd.

We got chatting when I was still in the UK and it turned out she was emigrating too! To Perth! To Carramar where she'd already sorted out schooling for her kids! her hubby was in the same trade as mine and her daughter had the same birthday as our daughters! She now lives down the road from us. So do two other school friends from the UK.

The weirdest feeling was walking down a Freo street with three other girls I went to school with and hadn't seen for 20 years! There we were, 12,000 miles from where it all began: and still friends
how weird is that? the phase 'small world' springs to mind!
Old Feb 4th 2006, 10:26 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glittababe
How strange is this. Mark and I got married at Gladwin's Farm in Nayland (its beautiful). We've been trying to sort accommodation out for the 5 weeks before we fly. Mark drove up to Gladwin's yesterday on the 'off chance' they may have something. They have some self catering cottages, a lot of the time they're fully booked but for the exact dates we need (24th Feb to 31st March)! Apparently another party booked in and had to cancel! We're so chuffed as 11 yrs ago we got married there and we'll be able to celebrate our 11th wedding anniversay with our kids in the very place we started off (incidentally on the 11th March)!

Spooky........Talk about being meant!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Feb 4th 2006, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Stitch
Spooky........Talk about being meant!

Cheers

Ginny
other spooky things that have happened recently...

OH decided to try and trace his ancestors. He never knew his grandparents as they died before he was born and a family feud meant everyone lost contact. He always knew his family lived in this area so he started digging around (not literally). Turns out his grandmother (mum's side) had the unfortunate name of 'Minnie Bean'. Mark has worked with an Em Bean for a few years (he's always taken the piss out of her and called her 'flick bean'), anyway it turns out they're related! Mark's Grandad's surname is Starling. They originate from another village close by. When Mark traced them back we found records of a Stanley Starling being thrown out of the Cock Inn pub in Glemsford for being drunk and disorderly. Well I grew up in the cock inn pub, glemsford! I never even knew Mark then so its all very strange........ (and coincidental)
Old Feb 4th 2006, 3:03 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Ok here is my addition to the thread:

Steve & I met in 2000. We actually met on the internet (shock horror!) and found we only lived a few miles apart so met up for a meal, moved in togther 3 months later, got married 2002, had jonah 2003 & suzy 2005...... anyhow to get back to the main story we got talking one night after we moved in together saying how its weird that we had never met before living in a smallish town, beinbg the same-ish age yada yada yada (get the drift) when he mentions a mate of his from his early 20's - turns out I knew his mate.... so we got chatting about the late 80's & early 90's and it turns out that we had actually met beofre in a pub in Wakefield called "Players" and that he fancied me then but had no idea who i was LOL!!!!!!!

THATS FATE!
Old Feb 4th 2006, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Ok here is my addition to the thread:

Steve & I met in 2000. We actually met on the internet (shock horror!) and found we only lived a few miles apart so met up for a meal, moved in togther 3 months later, got married 2002, had jonah 2003 & suzy 2005...... anyhow to get back to the main story we got talking one night after we moved in together saying how its weird that we had never met before living in a smallish town, beinbg the same-ish age yada yada yada (get the drift) when he mentions a mate of his from his early 20's - turns out I knew his mate.... so we got chatting about the late 80's & early 90's and it turns out that we had actually met beofre in a pub in Wakefield called "Players" and that he fancied me then but had no idea who i was LOL!!!!!!!

THATS FATE!
wow! isn't it strange as well that you meet people and feel a connection like you've met them before? When I was little my dad used to take us from glemsford to colchester, to go shopping. Most of the way its countryside until you go down a hill and come to a small village. I can remember on every trip staring at this cream coloured house as we drove past. When Mark finally took me to meet his parents when I was 20 I was gobsmacked as he lived in the cream coloured house! weird.......
Old Feb 4th 2006, 4:20 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

yeah its weird....

when i got the job i do now i was telling steve about him & how nice he is & what his name was.... steve turned to me & said no way! Ask him if he used to play snooker with a big guy who was a chef (i.e. Steve) and guess what............IT WAS THE SAME GUY!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 4th 2006, 4:31 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

What a lovely way to end your time in the UK - it will be a special stay for your both and was obviously meant to be!

Nicky
Old Feb 4th 2006, 5:51 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

After reading your post I've come over all goose bumbs!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Feb 4th 2006, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Stitch
After reading your post I've come over all goose bumbs!

Cheers

Ginny
are ya scared ginny, are ya are ya???????
Old Feb 4th 2006, 7:28 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

are ya scared ginny, are ya are ya???????

I'm definately starting to believe more and more in fate!

Cheers

Ginny