FAO of builders

Old Jan 27th 2008, 7:22 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FAO of builders

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Can he come back and do a really neat job cutting it back about six inches and then graveling the gap? It's what we had to do in the UK in a house where the paving all round the house had been done the same. Looked perfectly good and solved any drainage/damp problems.

He's done a nice looking job though Hope Cairns was good.
Had a brilliant time in Cairns thanks, one of the best holidays we've ever had, came back really chilled

Had a great evening round Rooksies as well.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 8:07 pm

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fraser
Which trade are you in? Will you be in PC any time soon?

I've been looking again, and it seems obvious what has happened. They haven't dug it out where the concrete was extended so have had to make it higher where the old was to get the fall.

I will speak to him in the morning and see what he says.

Thanks to both of you.
Carpenter.I go to Santuary Lakes a bit .I've have a mate who's in there.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 8:33 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukecadet
Carpenter.I go to Santuary Lakes a bit .I've have a mate who's in there.
I'm going to phone a surveyor in the morning, thanks again for your help.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 8:34 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the Karma, your more than welcome
Old Jan 27th 2008, 8:59 pm

I'm going to phone a surveyor in the morning, thanks again for your help.
why don't you just ring the building dept at wyndham.Their pretty helpful and give you an answer right off and they wont charge you. Ph 97420716 direct number build dept
Old Jan 27th 2008, 9:01 pm

why don't you just ring the building dept at wyndham.Their pretty helpful and give you an answer right off and they wont charge you. Ph 97420716 direct number build dept
Thanks, I'll give that a go
Old Jan 27th 2008, 10:35 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

please excuse me here,what damp course?
Old Jan 27th 2008, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by aston man
In the walls, level with the floor.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 9:19 am

I've just spoken to the guy at Wyndham and he says 50mm in the alfresco, outside the alfresco 75mm.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by aston man
a trail leading from the toilet to the bedroom
Old Jan 28th 2008, 10:50 am

I've just spoken to the guy at Wyndham and he says 50mm in the alfresco, outside the alfresco 75mm.
you have a bit of a problem now.You might end up at VCAT
Old Jan 28th 2008, 10:54 am

you have a bit of a problem now.You might end up at VCAT
At where?

Just googled it.

Last edited by fraser; Jan 28th 2008 at 10:58 am.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 11:56 am

At where?

Just googled it.
Hi Fraser.If your concreter wont come to the party.Contact Building Advice and Conciliation Victoria(BACV) on 1300 557 559 they can give you advice and mediate between you and your man.If no joy next stage is Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) aka the big guns
BACV is free Your dispute is pretty straight forward as your only dealing with one contractor and he's ball's the job up.Give BACV a call and have all your info,tell the you can email those photo's.It all helps.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 12:42 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
1. it must be usually 50mm below dpc.
Phew I was right lol , thats a bloody first.

How did it go with the Concreter?
Old Jan 28th 2008, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Phew I was right lol , thats a bloody first.

How did it go with the Concreter?
I haven't heard from him, which is strange seeing I owe him $3k for work which was done 8 days ago.

He has also left concrete on the land next door, the lawn is wrecked from the bobcat that picked it up which is understandable, but the other side of the lawn which the bobcat didn't go on would have been ok, except they dumped all the soil which he dug up on it and that has now killed that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.