Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Family friendly brisbane suburbs

Wikiposts

Family friendly brisbane suburbs

Old Aug 26th 2009, 10:50 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family friendly brisbane suburbs

Originally Posted by fish.01
I think you're mistaking Logan city with Brisbane south. Brisbane direct south has comparable stats in everything to Brisbane direct north. If we were comparing Brisbane south west to north west then I would definitely agree.
There are definitely some nice areas on the southside, I won't deny that. There are definitely some nice spots. But on the whole, there is more crime, more unemployment and more dodgy suburbs. Draw a circle from brisbane gpo with a 15km radius, and it is quite clear (to me anyway) that the north side is a better place to live.

Within approx 5km I reckon they are pretty even.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 10:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asprilla
There are definitely some nice areas on the southside, I won't deny that. There are definitely some nice spots. But on the whole, there is more crime, more unemployment and more dodgy suburbs. Draw a circle from brisbane gpo with a 15km radius, and it is quite clear (to me anyway) that the north side is a better place to live.

Within approx 5km I reckon they are pretty even.
My take:
- North West WAY better than south west
- Direct North to 15km same as Direct South 15km
- North East to 15km worse than South East to 15km

So north just takes it on the WAY - but remove south west/north west and south takes it.

The "more crime, more unemployment and more dodgy suburbs" are all grouped together over in the south west and most people direct south and south east don't go there any more than someone in the north.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 11:07 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

My take:
- North West WAY better than south west
- Direct North to 15km same as Direct South 15km
- North East to 15km worse than South East to 15km

So north just takes it on the WAY - but remove south west/north west and south takes it.

The "more crime, more unemployment and more dodgy suburbs" are all grouped together over in the south west and most people direct south and south east don't go there any more than someone in the north.
yep you're probably right.

damn- that wasn't a very good north/south argument...why have we ended up agreeing??! something went wrong there.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 11:20 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

The only area worth considering is inner West
Old Aug 26th 2009, 11:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

yep you're probably right.

damn- that wasn't a very good north/south argument...why have we ended up agreeing??! something went wrong there.
Bugger, well...southside streets aren't skinny
Old Aug 26th 2009, 11:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Grayling
The only area worth considering is inner West
You've already convinced me....I'm moving soon
Old Aug 26th 2009, 11:35 pm
Account Open

Bugger, well...southside streets aren't skinny
Ok, its the skinny street challenge. How about this one?
Old Aug 26th 2009, 11:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thats not skinny, this is: skinny

Last edited by fish.01; Aug 26th 2009 at 11:51 pm.
Old Aug 27th 2009, 12:20 am
Account Open

I bet the other streets tease it, and call it vulgar names like "footpath".
Old Sep 1st 2009, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of

I lived in that street for 6 months and assure you it was spacious and accommodating :-) although it did fill up with parked cars on game days.