Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Family friendly brisbane suburbs

Family friendly brisbane suburbs

Old Jul 27th 2009, 8:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family friendly brisbane suburbs

Originally Posted by Kim67
I think the tardis is his preferred mode of transport.
No.no not at all .Aint ya heard of Back to the Future ?
Old Jul 27th 2009, 9:11 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by fish.01
Not advocating either choice but from Redcliffe to Oxley you wouldn't go via the Gateway bridge - you would travel through the backstreets of the northern suburbs to Toowong (a colleague told me this last week) and travel over the indooroopilly bridge.
I thought about that as an option, it would avoid the tolls. No idea how long it would take though to drive through the city.

If I had to work in Oxley I would be either living south of the river or somewhere along the train line. That's just me though.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 10:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by comet555
I thought about that as an option, it would avoid the tolls. No idea how long it would take though to drive through the city.

If I had to work in Oxley I would be either living south of the river or somewhere along the train line. That's just me though.
I think a decent rule of thumb is, if you work on the southside live on the southside, same applies northside. Foolishly I don't follow this rule as I'm living in the west (Moggill) and working on the east (Manley).
Old Jul 27th 2009, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

I'm another Baysider and would definitely say it's a great place for families. There's a good mix of suburban areas and countryside, good shopping, lots of activities for kids and families etc. Being close to the water, the temperatures are less extreme than some of the areas a bit more inland.

Good luck with the move

Love

Rudi
x
Old Jul 27th 2009, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

lyndseynpaul is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rudi
I'm another Baysider and would definitely say it's a great place for families. There's a good mix of suburban areas and countryside, good shopping, lots of activities for kids and families etc. Being close to the water, the temperatures are less extreme than some of the areas a bit more inland.

Good luck with the move

Love

Rudi
x
Hi Rudi,

Thank you for your post

Lyndsey x
Old Jul 28th 2009, 10:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by comet555

The way traffic is these days if I had to work in Oxley I'd live in Graceville
Old Jul 28th 2009, 11:04 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spartacus
I think a decent rule of thumb is, if you work on the southside live on the southside, same applies northside. Foolishly I don't follow this rule as I'm living in the west (Moggill) and working on the east (Manley).
I live in Centenary and work at Virginia. No big deal, don't pay for the fuel and quite like driving. People whinge when acceptance is the way to go. Once you accept it, it no longer is an issue. Bit like marriage really.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 11:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
I live in Centenary and work at Virginia. No big deal, don't pay for the fuel and quite like driving. People whinge when acceptance is the way to go. Once you accept it, it no longer is an issue. Bit like marriage really.
Driving some of it against the peak traffic must help keep you sane I imagine - as well as the acceptance of course
Old Jul 28th 2009, 11:20 am
Account Closed

Driving some of it against the peak traffic must help keep you sane I imagine - as well as the acceptance of course
To be fair I oficially start at 8 but get in around 7.20 and chill with a coffee and check emails. Finish at 4.30 so miss the worst traffic both ways. Also travel in with the ball and chain, who works at Bowen hills, so we spend time together and she has no travel costs.
I used to get real road rage in Scotland, not that the traffic here is better but my attitude is!
We loved Graceville where we rented for 9 months, but a house cost more than we were willing to pay. Love it over here and it is really reasonable house price wise.
Well established, leafy suburbs and good local shops etc and a big f++k off Dan Murphys at Middle Park! Life is sweet.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 11:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by kporte
To be fair I oficially start at 8 but get in around 7.20 and chill with a coffee and check emails. Finish at 4.30 so miss the worst traffic both ways. Also travel in with the ball and chain, who works at Bowen hills, so we spend time together and she has no travel costs.
I used to get real road rage in Scotland, not that the traffic here is better but my attitude is!
We loved Graceville where we rented for 9 months, but a house cost more than we were willing to pay. Love it over here and it is really reasonable house price wise.
Well established, leafy suburbs and good local shops etc and a big f++k off Dan Murphys at Middle Park! Life is sweet.
I've only occasionally been over to the seventeen mile rocks, sinnamon park etc area - I always thought it looked really nice - don't hear much about it though - one of those hidden gems
Old Jul 28th 2009, 11:28 am
Account Closed

I've only occasionally been over to the seventeen mile rocks, sinnamon park etc area - I always thought it looked really nice - don't hear much about it though - one of those hidden gems
Actually it is.
Jindalee is a great suburb too. 12km from the city, or around $ 35 for a taxi. We love it.
Old Aug 25th 2009, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

KateandPhil is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rudi

Good luck with the move

Love

Rudi
x
Hi Rudi
I have been in contact with you before. I have just been looking into short term accomodation and looked at the redlands retreat. Just logged onto this site seen your name and the picture of the retreat. So anyway can you send me prices and availability for january 2010.
Thanks kate
Old Aug 26th 2009, 1:55 am
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of

Do not live in Oxley - it is disturbingly close to Wacol/Darra/Inala. Better options would be Jindalee, Mt Omaney area or (if budget will stretch) Corinda/Sherwood/Graceville.

Bayside is miles from anywhere and full of Poms. Ditto Redcliffe.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 2:04 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by James516
Do not live in Oxley - it is disturbingly close to Wacol/Darra/Inala. Better options would be Jindalee, Mt Omaney area or (if budget will stretch) Corinda/Sherwood/Graceville.

Bayside is miles from anywhere and full of Poms. Ditto Redcliffe.
and Corinda/Sherwood/Graceville are miles from the sea and it gets stinking hot in the summer and bloody freezing during the winter.

Swings and Roundabouts mate!
Old Aug 26th 2009, 4:04 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
and Corinda/Sherwood/Graceville are miles from the sea and it gets stinking hot in the summer and bloody freezing during the winter.

Swings and Roundabouts mate!
I was thinking that

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.