Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

False Friends........

Wikiposts

False Friends........

Old Feb 12th 2007, 12:12 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute
Default False Friends........

hummmmm

How do you deal with people who claim to be your friend, but are really just s##t stirrers and bloody nosey to boot!!!!

I've decided to stay away and be polite but distant! or should i just go for the jugular!!!!!
Old Feb 12th 2007, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: False Friends........

Just cut them off, best plan, no point hanging round morons like that, they only end up getting you down in the end.

Old Feb 12th 2007, 12:24 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alan and sam
hummmmm

How do you deal with people who claim to be your friend, but are really just s##t stirrers and bloody nosey to boot!!!!

I've decided to stay away and be polite but distant! or should i just go for the jugular!!!!!
stay polite, don't sink to their level. keep them at arms length, they will eventually get the message.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 12:25 pm
Account Closed

Deer Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bridie
Just cut them off, best plan, no point hanging round morons like that, they only end up getting you down in the end.

Exactly! For quite some time now someone that I used to consider my best friend has turned out to be a complete dead weight. I have decided that the best course of action is to cut this person off. She will always occupy a special place in my heart but I am sick of being continually dissapointed by her. Moving away really helps you sort out who your real friends are!
Old Feb 12th 2007, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deer Hunter
Moving away really helps you sort out who your real friends are!
oh yes
Old Feb 12th 2007, 12:50 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

. Moving away really helps you sort out who your real friends are!

How right you are

As for the friends situation you have now; I would just keep your distance. If you confront them there will be a scene no doubt.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 12:55 pm
Account Closed

Deer Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TraceyW
How right you are

As for the friends situation you have now; I would just keep your distance. If you confront them there will be a scene no doubt.
There was a small scene. I wrote her an email explaining how I felt and that I needed to move on. I think it was the best thing to do. Her response was _________ well you moved away. . She is an immigrant herself.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 1:20 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

There was a small scene. I wrote her an email explaining how I felt and that I needed to move on. I think it was the best thing to do. Her response was _________ well you moved away. . She is an immigrant herself.
Thanks everyone,

Keeping my distance is what i've decided to do, i think its best all round TBH,
I'm not known for being either tactful or descrete (sp) at the best of times
and am also known to have a bit of a temper (blush)

Although when you're used to speaking your mind, and having an opinion (thats normally different to everyone elses LOL) its hard not to pick up the phone, or type an e-mail expressing your thoughts, lol

I shall have to have a beer or two tonight to keep my hands occupied instead
Old Feb 12th 2007, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alan and sam
hummmmm

I hope you're not talking about me
Old Feb 12th 2007, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Her response was _________ well you moved away. . She is an immigrant herself.
Sounds like a bit of the green eyed monster somewhere along the line
Old Feb 12th 2007, 1:45 pm
Sam
here and staying

Originally Posted by ohippy
What makes you think its you, ya bloody wally!!!!!
Old Feb 12th 2007, 2:59 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ohippy
so you are really just s##t stirrers and bloody nosey to boot!!!!
lmao

i would go and kick their heeds in with a chair
Old Feb 12th 2007, 3:02 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

friends are like grapes!

somewhere in that big bunch, you get the odd bad one. you dont have to throw it away, you can just chew round the bad bit
Old Feb 12th 2007, 3:15 pm
Sam
here and staying

Originally Posted by soapy
lmao

I was going to put that Soapy coz thats my sense of humor, but didnt want to offend H

so didn't
Old Feb 12th 2007, 5:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
lmao

nah, try not to be !!

Just paranoid - all my mates are going back to the UK. Am in the process of changing my name to Nicky

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.