The Falklands

Old Feb 17th 2012, 8:17 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Falklands

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Agreed,now any chance you could stop the north of Ireland being given back to the struggling south of the island,have a word
Perhaps we should annex the South again?
Old Feb 17th 2012, 8:20 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Tut tut,everybody knows it was the Irish,and they were supposed to be oblong shaped
Old Feb 17th 2012, 8:32 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wol
>>So the only possible explanation is that she engineered the whole episode, in my humble opinion obviously<<

What planet do you live on? Is it nice? Does it rain as much as here?
Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
Maybe you should go and have a chat with the aliens in area 51 and the bloke from the grassy knoll whilst wearing a tinfoil hat
Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
That is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard / read. It is so stupid it does not dignify a response.
Originally Posted by chris955
It got one anyway but yes I agree, its absurd.
Originally Posted by chris955
You know aliens built the pyramids don't you ?
I see the place is still packed with class 'A' mass debaters, express an opinion that doesn't conform to the general concensus and get labelled a fruit loop, with no qualification of your remarks, apart from ROMCOM whatsisname, but a survey vessel capable of waging war is still a warship.

bowing out now, really not worth it
Old Feb 17th 2012, 8:58 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish
I see the place is still packed with class 'A' mass debaters, express an opinion that doesn't conform to the general concensus and get labelled a fruit loop, with no qualification of your remarks, apart from ROMCOM whatsisname, but a survey vessel capable of waging war is still a warship.

bowing out now, really not worth it
mm painted Red i.e. not a warship. Think you're showing your complete ignorance of Naval Warfare so cheerio
Old Feb 17th 2012, 9:06 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
so when is defending your citizens from foreign military aggression NOT 100% right then
Did I give my opinion? And did you read my previous post on the thread? No, thought not.
Old Feb 17th 2012, 9:10 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Like it.
Old Feb 17th 2012, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

I was in Argentina this Christmas. It is a great place to visit and there is a large British community there, as well as Irish. Even with all this sabre ratling going on I would have no hesitation going back tomorrow. Obviously the Falklands Islands were discussed.

Most Argentinians don't give a stuff about the Falklands, in fact many argue that any spare resources should be directed to developing Patagonia rather than wasting time on a few islands in the middle of nowhere. But it is a great subject for the politicians to bring up if times are bad at home and a distraction is needed.

I remember Hilary Clinton went down to visit Christina a while ago and gave her support, at the time I thought well maybe the USA should give Alaska back to Canada, after all it is joined onto it. And while we are at it, what about those Spanish enclaves on the coast of North Africa, Cueta is actually joined on like Alaska, shouldn't the Spaniards give that back to Morocco. And also, while we are at it, what the hell are the French doing in French Polynesia, it's about as far away from France as you can get on this planet.
Old Feb 17th 2012, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NedKelly
at the time I thought well maybe the USA should give Alaska back to Canada, after all it is joined onto it.
They couldn't "give it back" to Canada, as Canada never had it in the first place. It was purchased from Russia. However, as opposed to the Falklands, Alaska did (and still does) have aboriginal people.
Old Feb 17th 2012, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NedKelly
I was in Argentina this Christmas. It is a great place to visit and there is a large British community there, as well as Irish. Even with all this sabre ratling going on I would have no hesitation going back tomorrow. Obviously the Falklands Islands were discussed.

Most Argentinians don't give a stuff about the Falklands, in fact many argue that any spare resources should be directed to developing Patagonia rather than wasting time on a few islands in the middle of nowhere. But it is a great subject for the politicians to bring up if times are bad at home and a distraction is needed.

I remember Hilary Clinton went down to visit Christina a while ago and gave her support, at the time I thought well maybe the USA should give Alaska back to Canada, after all it is joined onto it. And while we are at it, what about those Spanish enclaves on the coast of North Africa, Cueta is actually joined on like Alaska, shouldn't the Spaniards give that back to Morocco. And also, while we are at it, what the hell are the French doing in French Polynesia, it's about as far away from France as you can get on this planet.
It's a shame really about our dispute as Argentina has a very strong anglo connection and like you say the man in the street doesn't give a toss and just wants to get on with life.
Old Feb 17th 2012, 8:35 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by papilon
It's a shame really about our dispute as Argentina has a very strong anglo connection and like you say the man in the street doesn't give a toss and just wants to get on with life.
Very true: I used to go to BA fairly often ten years after the dust-up and was never aware of any antipathy.

As usual it is politicians - and generals - stirring up mischief for their own ends.
Old Feb 17th 2012, 8:47 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

If the Irish had built them they still wouldn't be finished

Tut tut,everybody knows it was the Irish,and they were supposed to be oblong shaped
Old Feb 17th 2012, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
Very true: I used to go to BA fairly often ten years after the dust-up and was never aware of any antipathy.

As usual it is politicians - and generals - stirring up mischief for their own ends.
I would swap the Islands for a few of there women, some absolute stunners down that way
Old Feb 17th 2012, 10:30 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by papilon
I would swap the Islands for a few of there women, some absolute stunners down that way
Not sure the swap's on the table, but nothing ventured,...............
Old Feb 18th 2012, 11:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

There's no doubt in my mind that a nice little war can be a nice earner for a politician - after the event - if it goes to plan - but politicians make decisions about military actions because they think its the right thing all the time (even if they are proven wrong).

Probably ludicrous: I don't think politicians entered into two World Wars for election benefits.

Having said that, the case against Thatcher is bolstered due to a) The argies might have backed down - and this was still a possibility b) the war was likely to be 'limited'.

But a lot could have gone wrong. If more Argentinian ordnance had not failed to go off in San Carlos water - a few more Sir Galahads....
Old Feb 18th 2012, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

canadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, so Argentina claim they are the original owners of the Islands, ok fair enough, so how about we kick everyone off the Islands and send them to the UK and give the Islands back to Argentina.. as the original owners.

By the same token, Argentina can give its country bank to the original native tribes, and the population of Argentina can pi$$ off back to Spain.

Agreed?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.