Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

extra luggage allowance with emirates

extra luggage allowance with emirates

Old Feb 3rd 2009, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

yvonnemidwife will become famous soon enoughyvonnemidwife will become famous soon enough
Default extra luggage allowance with emirates

Hi Guys maybe i can help you and vice versa... am very frustrated! we are ready to book our tickets for April woo hoo!!! I contacted Emirates to ask for extra luggage allowance as we are emigrating and they inform me that if i go on movingplanet.com they have an offer where if you click the link and book flights direct with emirates you get 30kg of EXTRA luggage per person!!! Fantastic i hear you shout (as i DID!) however frustratingly you need a pin code to register with moving planet and despite numerous emails they have still not sent me one and there is no phone number to contact them!! I have called Emirates who say they cannot pass on that info!!! so what should i do next????
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 9:58 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: extra luggage allowance with emirates

Did you get any advertising leaflets with your visa? MovingPlanet used to have one of theirs included with the visa (well I got one anyway). I remember looking into it and found that strangely enough, the flight prices were higher with the 'offer' than could be found shopping around. I decided it was a bit of a con.

Singapore still offer double allowance, providing you have a PR visa and you've not validated it but you need to get an email from them to confirm you can take the extra and show it when you check in.

Most of the airlines used to give the extra but now don't because it's just not worth it to them, costs them too much. Might be easier and cheaper to send the extra bits by SevenSeas or Excess Baggage.
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 11:26 pm

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

BA charge 78GBP per extra 23 kg bag. If you go over the 23kg it is 25GBP.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 5:58 am
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by yvonnemidwife
Hi Guys maybe i can help you and vice versa... am very frustrated! we are ready to book our tickets for April woo hoo!!! I contacted Emirates to ask for extra luggage allowance as we are emigrating and they inform me that if i go on movingplanet.com they have an offer where if you click the link and book flights direct with emirates you get 30kg of EXTRA luggage per person!!! Fantastic i hear you shout (as i DID!) however frustratingly you need a pin code to register with moving planet and despite numerous emails they have still not sent me one and there is no phone number to contact them!! I have called Emirates who say they cannot pass on that info!!! so what should i do next????
try singapore airlines you automatically get the allowance on a one way flight with un validated pr visas
Old Feb 4th 2009, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

I belive you need a disc that has it on there......getting one would be another story
Old Feb 4th 2009, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

http://www.anglopacific.co.uk/moving_planet.htm
Old Feb 4th 2009, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

Holbrob is an unknown quantity at this point

When i sent my email off to moving planet it took a day or two but the PIN did arrive. Had a little toing and froing with the Online team from Emirates but it was sorted eventually. The cost of the flight was the same as the Emirates flight so good deal!!!!