Extensions?

Old Mar 28th 2007, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

andym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the rough
Default Extensions?

Hi my wife and I will not be coming to OZ with that much money and although I would love to buy a 4 bed detached looking at the prices I can't see it happening!

So I am looking a smaller properties with a view to extending at a latter date. How easy is it to get permission for extensions in OZ? Are they as common as in the UK? What is the procedure for applying? How much do you think a two room extension might cost?
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Extensions?

Originally Posted by andym79
Hi my wife and I will not be coming to OZ with that much money and although I would love to buy a 4 bed detached looking at the prices I can't see it happening!

So I am looking a smaller properties with a view to extending at a latter date. How easy is it to get permission for extensions in OZ? Are they as common as in the UK? What is the procedure for applying? How much do you think a two room extension might cost?
cant help you there but wait till we get over I can reccomend a fab builder
Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mad city fan
cant help you there but wait till we get over I can reccomend a fab builder
I can reccomend a great roofer
Old Mar 29th 2007, 2:07 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andym79

My friends recently put a 2 room extension on along with a few other things like a new roof and some internal wall demolition. Cost them $170k
Old Mar 29th 2007, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

andym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the rough

Ouch so it not any cheaper than the UK, I hate to say it I think you cou;d get it cheaper than that here!

What is the beaucracy like though, is it a pain in the arse to build extensions out there. Can you build theme yourself? I have built two extension!