Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Emirates voucher for Dubai hotel airport???

Emirates voucher for Dubai hotel airport???

Old May 21st 2009, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

WeGottaGetOuttaThisPlace is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Emirates voucher for Dubai hotel airport???

We are flying glasgow-dubai-sydney and have 10 hrs in Dubai before flight to Sydney.

Can anyone tell me their experiences with getting a voucher for a hotel from Emirates in Glasgow airport then where was your hotel when you got to Dubai? I know you need a special transit visa to leave the airport and I am worried about it all (quelle suprise!)

Anyway, just wondering if anyone will share their experience with me please as we don't wanna be stuck in the airport with a baby for 10 hrs as we have heard Dubai airport is super busy!

Thanks
Old May 21st 2009, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

anka will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Emirates voucher for Dubai hotel airport???

Hi,

I have no real experience with the overnight stay in Dubai, but I asked the local Emirates Agency, few days ago, about the price of flight till Sydney.
In their offer was included, besides air ticket, a hotel room (for free) and also the cost of transit visa in Dubai. The agent said we qualify for free hotel because the waiting time in the airport is over 8 hours.

We also have a little baby and found out we can use his car seat inside the plane. For me is a great news as I was worried about his comfort.
The hotel was Millenium Airport.

Hope this helps.
Old May 22nd 2009, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

WeGottaGetOuttaThisPlace is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Emirates voucher for Dubai hotel airport???

Originally Posted by anka
Hi,

I have no real experience with the overnight stay in Dubai, but I asked the local Emirates Agency, few days ago, about the price of flight till Sydney.
In their offer was included, besides air ticket, a hotel room (for free) and also the cost of transit visa in Dubai. The agent said we qualify for free hotel because the waiting time in the airport is over 8 hours.

We also have a little baby and found out we can use his car seat inside the plane. For me is a great news as I was worried about his comfort.
The hotel was Millenium Airport.

Hope this helps.
Oooooh - brilliant thanks!
I was worried about the transit visa side of things since I wasn't sure we would be able to get a room at the airport within the hotel.

I guess I should just phone them up direct and get it all sorted out.

Thanks