Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

electronic cigarette?

electronic cigarette?

Old Jul 26th 2010, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice
Default Re: electronic cigarette?

Originally Posted by lee_h
Has anyone here tried these?
Where are you getting them from?
Did you stop smoking with them?

thanks
lee
i've been on the champix tablets for 2 weeks now and today is my quit day. still need the willpower but it is a lot easier than any other ways i've tried. could of stopped over weekend because i didnt even like it!! if it works for me it will work for anyone.......just have to get it outta my head lol cant stop thinkng about them
Old Jul 26th 2010, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

Pommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to all

Originally Posted by camacazi
i've been on the champix tablets for 2 weeks now and today is my quit day. still need the willpower but it is a lot easier than any other ways i've tried. could of stopped over weekend because i didnt even like it!! if it works for me it will work for anyone.......just have to get it outta my head lol cant stop thinkng about them
I did Champix 18 months ago. I was a 20-30 a day girl. I quit on day 12. I havn't had a cigarette since. It was the easiest way to give up I had tried patches,cold turkey,hypnotism and it was the only thing that worked for me. I still crave a ciggy now and then but i want it to taste like that last ciggy I smoked so the only thing that stops me is knowing it won't!

Good luck to you...I hope it works.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 12:40 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
"Fag" for a cigarette is defo a Brit word and even amuses us Saffers and the rest of the world! It's soooooooo naff!
When we are in the US my wife insists on asking where the nearest 'loo' is - and wonders why no-one understands her.

Calling someone a wanker over there does not get the response it deserves either.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 9:27 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

OK, finally caught up with my friend at work that is using an electronic cigarette and she's given me some info to post on here, based on an email to another colleague. I haven't checked the links so let me know if there are problems with them! This is a lady who has been a heavy smoker for more years than Methusalah can remember, but who hasn't had a "real" cigarette for about 6-8 weeks now. One thing I did notice tonight, having done my first shift change with her in a good while, no lingering smell of nicotine from her last "fag break" outside.
=================================================

The following are links to a lot of info about the e-cigs, as well as sites where everything can be purchased. The "hardware" can be purchased in Australia (generally cheaper than elsewhere), but liquid containing nicotine can't be sold in Australia. It's legal to import it for personal use and it can be purchased from China very cheaply and generally arrives in about 5 days.
I've attached a document which explains how it all works. It also really helps to read through a lot of the stuff on the Forums to get the benefit of other people's experience and to find out things such as how long you can expect batteries to last, best places to buy etc etc.
As I said, I've found these things totally amazing. The following is a quote from someone on one of the Forums which is fairly representative of most people's views:
"I'm just amazed by these things. I've been a regular smoker (pack a day) for about 30 years and have smoked every single day during that time. To be totally honest, I have always loved smoking. I have never really considered quitting.
I received my 510 about a week and a half ago, and have just had my first full day without smoking a regular cigarette. I honestly never expected that to happen at all, let alone after a week or so. I never even really intended to give up the regular cigs. The main reason is that I just enjoy vaping more than smoking. It's more convenient and tastes much better and it's just as satisfying. I had read about vaping before I decided to buy one and a lot of people said that it is as satisfying as regular smoking. Being a commited smoker who loved the feeling of smoke in my lungs, I was a little sceptical. But I was wrong. When I smoke an analog now, it smells bad, and it actually makes me feel a little nauseus. Who'd have thought? Certainly not me! I love them!"
My first purchase was the Matte black Joye510 Starter Kit from Heaven Gifts (link below). I think it's a good idea to start with that, get used to how everything works etc and then go from there.

Overseas Sales:

http://www.heaven-gifts.com/
www.healthcabin.net

Australian Sales (hardware and 0-nicotine only):
http://www.ecigz.com.au/store/
http://www.ecigs.net.au/joomla/

Forums and FAQs:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...m/1299681.html
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...m/1431756.html
http://aussievapers.net/forums/index...e9e9bb97ac6fa8

FAQ: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...igarettes.html

Media etc Articles (For and Against):

http://www.azzx.org/earth/australia/...ic-cigarettes/
http://www.fda.gov/downloads/ForCons.../UCM173430.pdf
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-e-cigarettes/
http://www.finda.com.au/story/2009/0...fety-concerns/
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
BEGINNER.pdf (33.4 KB, 1186 views)
Old Aug 4th 2010, 11:11 am
Cad and bounder

perksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond repute

Quit on day 14 of Champix.

I am now 3 months smoke free
Old Aug 4th 2010, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

Originally Posted by perksy
Quit on day 14 of Champix.

I am now 3 months smoke free
I to quit day 14 smoke free 9 days now but cant stop thinking about them
Old Aug 5th 2010, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

lee_h has a brilliant futurelee_h has a brilliant futurelee_h has a brilliant futurelee_h has a brilliant futurelee_h has a brilliant futurelee_h has a brilliant future

My e-cigarette (a joye 510) arrived wednesday morning and i have been very impressed by it. I haven't smoked the usual roll-ups since and i am completely satisfied with "vaping" on an e-cig, as they call it. After smoking for 18 years i didn't expect to stop straight away but i have. I am so impressed that i have ordered another e-cig (a joye ego) which has a longer lasting battery than the 510. My wife also enjoys vaping....especially the Turkish blend which reminds her of the Turkish bubble pipes, but without the health affects.
I look forward for my taste buds to recover from smoking for that long so that i can really taste my food again and the e-juice of course.

Lee
Old Aug 5th 2010, 6:48 am
Cad and bounder

perksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by camacazi
I to quit day 14 smoke free 9 days now but cant stop thinking about them

Well done
Old Aug 5th 2010, 6:58 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

I am a smoker, stopped for 3 months cold turkey then went to Amsterdam, go figure ...

I was going to wade into this thread with my usual mixture of taking the pee, incredulity and bemusement but I am kind of intrigued ... enough to try it, I think.

Now, where do you buy the liquid dope?