Old Aug 9th 2009, 6:24 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Electricity Bills

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I checked my same usage figures on a UK comparison site, and it came up with :
£ 991 Lowest (A$1,982)
£1,651 highest (A$3,302)

Very, VERY, similar to the Australian prices...
Agreed.. I'm paying more now than I did in the UK.. but my house is about three times the size and it has the 'advantage' of being open plan with an entrance hall about 25foot high. I can almost watch the dollars vanishing upstairs as I try to heat the place.
Old Aug 9th 2009, 6:27 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by milly123
Elec bill in, $740. I think thats bad. so asked friend hers was $690.
when we first arrived a few yrs back they were only about $400.
Mine is averaging about $500 per quarter, and that is all of our power usage, as we don't have gas.

All our local friends think our $500 quarterly bill is very high, but I explain that it is because I am home all day, using computers and sometimes heating or cooling.

My bill did drop in that last quarter, as we had a heat pump unit installed for hot water, so we are now saving about $300 per year on that.

Old Aug 9th 2009, 6:28 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Agreed.. I'm paying more now than I did in the UK.. but my house is about three times the size and it has the 'advantage' of being open plan with an entrance hall about 25foot high. I can almost watch the dollars vanishing upstairs as I try to heat the place.
Ah yes... I have doors on my rooms

Old Aug 9th 2009, 6:39 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Mine is averaging about $500 per quarter, and that is all of our power usage, as we don't have gas.

All our local friends think our $500 quarterly bill is very high, but I explain that it is because I am home all day, using computers and sometimes heating or cooling.
I'm probably closer to $600 per quarter and my usage is actually down on the same time last year as its been a milder Winter so far, but the cost per kWh has increased, hence the increased bill... and, as I said, like you, I'm at home all day so the heating is on most days.

If somebody could invent a laptop, that can be seen while sat in the sunshine, it would save me a bloody fortune as its regularly warmer outside than in the house.
Old Aug 9th 2009, 7:46 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
If somebody could invent a laptop, that can be seen while sat in the sunshine, it would save me a bloody fortune as its regularly warmer outside than in the house.
I do that, sitting out by the pool typing away is good

Old Aug 9th 2009, 9:29 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Twelve month figures:

Electricity $2022 - includes underfloor heating in main bathroom, and bore and irrigation pumps

Gas $1703 - water and central heating.

The bills are going to rise by nearly 20% in the coming year.
Old Aug 9th 2009, 10:23 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Wol
Twelve month figures:

Electricity $2022 - includes underfloor heating in main bathroom, and bore and irrigation pumps

Gas $1703 - water and central heating.

The bills are going to rise by nearly 20% in the coming year.
Electric prices are State specific, ours just went up by 15%, although only 5% last year, however... look at this NEWS from South Australia...

Jun 2, 2009 7:30am AEST

Electricity bills are to rise in South Australia.

Householders can expect an average power bill to go up by about $20 per year under a new tariff scheme from ETSA.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...02/2586580.htm

Old Aug 10th 2009, 12:01 am
Account Closed

For those in the UK looking at this and evaluating the prices I have just looked again at mine and realise I'm paying even more than I thought !!

I currently pay $128 a fortnight or thirty two quid a week.