Aussie30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Eddie Mcguire

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Eddie McGuire with kids?

I hope he was supervised.
The kids probably kept him in line!
Old Feb 28th 2010, 12:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Eddie McGuire with kids?

I hope he was supervised.
By about 5 million people

He's a good game show host, he did great with the kids, better than Rove ever did on ' Am I smarter than a 5th Grader?'

In Rove's case , No

JTL
Old Feb 28th 2010, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

West Vic is a name known to allWest Vic is a name known to allWest Vic is a name known to allWest Vic is a name known to allWest Vic is a name known to allWest Vic is a name known to allWest Vic is a name known to allWest Vic is a name known to allWest Vic is a name known to allWest Vic is a name known to allWest Vic is a name known to all

Rove, Kochie, Eddie McGuire, Shaun Micallef (sp?), Bert Newton - these people are the reasons why we have Austar.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 4:13 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by West Vic
Rove, Kochie, Eddie McGuire, Shaun Micallef (sp?), Bert Newton - these people are the reasons why we have Austar.
I don't mind Micallef so much, at least he is different. But I completely agree with you on the others. I cannot believe the amount of brain dead Aussies that think Rove is funny. He has absolutely no idea how to deliver a joke convincingly
Old Feb 28th 2010, 4:21 pm
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

And after having had Austar for a year, i don't even turn on the telly any more.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

West Vic is a name known to allWest Vic is a name known to allWest Vic is a name known to allWest Vic is a name known to allWest Vic is a name known to allWest Vic is a name known to allWest Vic is a name known to allWest Vic is a name known to allWest Vic is a name known to allWest Vic is a name known to allWest Vic is a name known to all

Thing is though I don't know any Aussies that do like Rove or McGuire. So why are they on tv? What goes on at these TV Exec board meetings? What do they base their decisions on?? It truly has me baffled as to some of the stuff that is aired on tv.

Like that "blackface skit". Yes it was all meant in jest, I do believe that now but God it was in such poor taste. There are plenty of people at home who would have found it funny too but I highly doubt it would have made it onto national tv in Ireland or the UK. The producers would never have allowed it. But here??

Apparently Hey Hey is coming back to our screens! Oh joy!

And why does David Kochie let himself be referred to as "Kochie'? Doesn't he have a degree in finance? Isn't he quite smart? Doesn't he write a column on investing for a broadsheet? Why is he pandering to the viewer like that? I find tv here i.e. 60 minutes and the like, to be very condescending towards the working class but aussies don't seem to pick up on this.

More than anything else it is the free to air tv in this country that baffles me and irritates me.

LOL! Just after remembering a taxi ride I took in Plymouth just after I was granted temp residency. I was telling the taxi driver about my impending big move 'down under' and his reply was: " you know the tv is shite over there?" Me: "ah yeah it's not great but sure it'll be fine".

Burbage: You don't like Austar? We love Showcase! Excellent programmes on there.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 4:35 pm
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Thing is though I don't know any Aussies that do like Rove or McGuire. So why are they on tv? What goes on at these TV Exec board meetings? What do they base their decisions on?? It truly has me baffled as to some of the stuff that is aired on tv.

Like that "blackface skit". Yes it was all meant in jest, I do believe that now but God it was in such poor taste. There are plenty of people at home who would have found it funny too but I highly doubt it would have made it onto national tv in Ireland or the UK. The producers would never have allowed it. But here??

Apparently Hey Hey is coming back to our screens! Oh joy!

And why does David Kochie let himself be referred to as "Kochie'? Doesn't he have a degree in finance? Isn't he quite smart? Doesn't he write a column on investing for a broadsheet? Why is he pandering to the viewer like that? I find tv here i.e. 60 minutes and the like, to be very condescending towards the working class but aussies don't seem to pick up on this.

More than anything else it is the free to air tv in this country that baffles me and irritates me.

LOL! Just after remembering a taxi ride I took in Plymouth just after I was granted temp residency. I was telling the taxi driver about my impending big move 'down under' and his reply was: " you know the tv is shite over there?" Me: "ah yeah it's not great but sure it'll be fine".

Burbage: You don't like Austar? We love Showcase! Excellent programmes on there.
I just buy dvd's of the few excellent programmes. Works out cheaper than Austar, you can watch them when you like, and there are no ads.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 4:37 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

unfortunately I've worked with many a mundane tw@t that thinks he is the funniest thing on earth
Old Feb 28th 2010, 6:32 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know who Kochie is. It sounds as though I should keep it that way.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 6:46 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
He's your typical jingoistic Aussie TV presenter
Old Feb 28th 2010, 9:16 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
He's your typical jingoistic Aussie TV presenter
who needs a hair cut
Old Feb 28th 2010, 9:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

The only name that I have recognised so far in this thread is Rove, not sure what that says about me ....well I am now I've read BS's comments about him
Old Feb 28th 2010, 11:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

He's the bald barsteward off that breakfast tv crap on 7 or 9 or 10.

His surname's Koch so he gets 'Kochie' (pronounced Koshie) . . . IMHO plain old 'cock' would be more appropriate . . .
Old Feb 28th 2010, 11:13 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
He's the bald barsteward off that breakfast tv crap on 7 or 9 or 10.

His surname's Koch so he gets 'Kochie' (pronounced Koshie) . . . IMHO plain old 'cock' would be more appropriate . . .
Only thing that's on in the morning is one of the music channels courtesy of a daughter. I'm a radio person during the day.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 11:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Only thing that's on in the morning is one of the music channels courtesy of a daughter. I'm a radio person during the day.
What station?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.