Wikiposts

ebay

Old Jun 4th 2006, 1:13 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ebay

Originally Posted by arkon
Carboots!! don't get me started! In my area I've given up going to markets and carboots. Also something I loved doing back home. Here you get only one of everything or if it's plants maybe 2 or 3. But burger stands no chance! I found out why too when I tried to have my own stall for a bit of a laugh. I got vetted to make sure I wasn't selling something that competed with the RSL or rotary clubs food stand!! I kid you not, no one else can sell a burger in my neck of the woods unless it's the rotary. The organizers even told me it was to make sure those that had stalls made a good amount of money! Clearly never heard of market forces and survival of the fittest, (burger that is).

Shoulda tried alpacca burgers. Bet the rotary didn't have them.
Old Jun 4th 2006, 1:25 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tabby
Call me nosey but are you intending to go back to the UK ????
Yes. ASAP!
Old Jun 4th 2006, 1:27 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom

I joined up with my local library and I'm reading three books per week on average, completely and utterly free.

Novel, eh?
Ahhhh. Libraries....yes I remember them, I particularly seem to remember them being much better than here. Must add that to the list, thanks...
Old Jun 4th 2006, 1:31 am
Account Closed

Ahhhh. Libraries....yes I remember them, I particularly seem to remember them being much better than here. Must add that to the list, thanks...

Nope, the Katoomba library is excellent, as is Wentworth Falls and pretty much all the others down the mountains. I can log on, order books, renew online and do everything I couldn't do in the UK, right up to Sydney libraries if I need them.
Under no circs are you allowed to add them to any list whatsoever Arkon.
Old Jun 4th 2006, 1:32 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

I joined up with my local library and I'm reading three books per week on average, completely and utterly free.

Novel, eh?
Yep! I tried that but the books I seem to want are never their !! just my luck, I also like to collect books which is strange cos I only read them once !!!
Old Jun 4th 2006, 1:34 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Yep! I tried that but the books I seem to want are never their !! just my luck, I also like to collect books which is strange cos I only read them once !!!
Wife - here , I like to read them more than once.....
Old Jun 4th 2006, 1:36 am
Account Closed

Never? They must be there at some point because otherwise how would people take them out? You have to fill in your request form. That's free too.
Compared with trolling round bookshops and scalping yourself to buy them, libraries are brilliant.

Collecting books and reading them once? Whatever rings your bell.
Old Jun 4th 2006, 1:36 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

You must live in a right crap hole. Our libraries are fantastic here
Old Jun 4th 2006, 1:39 am
Account Closed

Wife - here , I like to read them more than once.....

Thank god! (for women)
Old Jun 4th 2006, 1:41 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

Originally Posted by hevs
I suppose it's ok as mobile libraries go, but I think it would be better suited as an ice cream van.
Old Jun 4th 2006, 1:41 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by hevs

I think that you're prob right hevs. Got excellent libraries here too. Even had the librarian drop off a copy of a book to me on her way home from work the other day so I could have it for the weekend. Now that's what I call service.

I bet Arkon's never been in his public library other than to look up how to stop leaks and avoiding plumbing costs.

( Arkon)
Old Jun 4th 2006, 1:42 am
Account Closed

I suppose it's ok as mobile libraries go, but I think it would be better suited as an ice cream van.
You can still order books and DVD's through it even though it's mobile Arkon.
Old Jun 4th 2006, 1:44 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey. You get door to door books and you still whinge
Old Jun 4th 2006, 1:45 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

Never? They must be there at some point because otherwise how would people take them out? You have to fill in your request form. That's free too.
Compared with trolling round bookshops and scalping yourself to buy them, libraries are brilliant.

Collecting books and reading them once? Whatever rings your bell.
I prefer to buy them so I can read them and hopefully one day pass them on to my son. Also it's much better to read a virgin untouched by bogie ridden fingers than a library book.

Actually all jokes aside if it wasn't for a mobile library when I was a kid I probably wouldn't like to read so much as I do now. Takes me right back to "Plop, the owl that was afraid of the dark" and "Stig of the dump". I do now consider libraries to be one of those things that were better in the past and best left there along with 2 bob bits!
Old Jun 4th 2006, 1:49 am
Account Closed

I prefer to buy them so I can read them and hopefully one day pass them on to my son. Also it's much better to read a virgin untouched by bogie ridden fingers than a library book.

Actually all jokes aside if it wasn't for a mobile library when I was a kid I probably wouldn't like to read so much as I do now. Takes me right back to "Plop, the owl that was afraid of the dark" and "Stig of the dump". I do now consider libraries to be one of those things that were better in the past and best left there along with 2 bob bits!

Oh please. Your son will get his own books. That's my hub's excuse for collecting crap too.

It's very sad you have such a low opinion of free literacy for the masses Arkon. Thank god someone with some sense took you to your local library. You should do the same for your son.
Libraries are brilliant and free.
Anyone who whinges about book prices in Australia needs to get off their arse and go and join their local library. It's bloody boring listening to it. And the bananas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.