eastern creek

Old Feb 24th 2008, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

kendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nice
Unhappy eastern creek

Flying my two boys out to Eastern Creek end March 08. Have heard some true horror stories about there - has anyone else recently put their dogs through there? Please can someone put my mind at ease - I'm now worried sick. They both eat tinned dogs food and bics - will they allow us to take this for them? Are they exercised at all does anyone know? Help!
Old Feb 24th 2008, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: eastern creek

Don't panic, the horror stories are a very rare minority of cases, most dogs are fine - ours was. Depending on what exercise they are used to, they may not get as much, but I think they do get taken out to the exercise pen each day and get some 'interaction time' with a handler. Standard food is dried, but I think you can make requests - esp if you are able to drop anything specific off. You can visit - there are prescribed times but you can also contact the centre to arrange other hours. Obviously you can't take them out of the centre, but you can book an exercise pen and have a play with them in there. It is OK - stop panicking.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

kendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nice

Thank you soooooooo much for that, can't tell you how relieved I am to hear a happy story about it! My staffy will be bonkers by the time I pick him up as he is hyper all the time, the westie should be ok but saying that he loves his walks too. We will be in Canberra so gonna visit when we land in Sydney, then visit after two weeks then finally to collect them - this is just gonna kill us - you can probably tell we are absolutely besotted with our boys. I will email Eastern Creek later and ask what arrangement we can come to re the food. Many thanks for that - I was all for cancelling the whole thing earlier, there is no way I can contemplate going if they are not gonna be safe and sound at the other end! Cheers x
Old Feb 24th 2008, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

aussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud of

Hi There

Don't panic, our dog came through eastern creek without any probs. She didn't loose any weight and was the same as she ever was. They don't exercise them, if you want them exercised they have an outside contractor who charges per 15 mins.

JANE
Old Feb 24th 2008, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aussiedreamer
Hi There

Don't panic, our dog came through eastern creek without any probs. She didn't loose any weight and was the same as she ever was. They don't exercise them, if you want them exercised they have an outside contractor who charges per 15 mins.

JANE
I'm sure ours was exercised - not very much, but a quick change of scenery and a bit of attention. I think the charges apply if you want more on top of the standard paltry amount.
I think the key thing to remember is that although you are paying for their stay, they are there for quarantine, so it's not the same as normal kennels. They will get what they need to keep them physically in good shape and mentally as happy as possible, but there are a lot of dogs there so they don't get heaps of personal attention or cuddles. Makes them appreciate you a bit more when they come out though!! And I've heard stories of even quite 'sensitive' pets being fine too - it's amazing how they can manipulate you sometimes, and when they realise what the 'new rules' are they can often adapt quite quickly!

(Our dog now uses his transport crate as a kennel, quite voluntarily, we just left it out and he goes in it when he wants a bit of time out. He wasn't even crate trained! So it obviously holds no horrifying memories for him.)
Old Feb 24th 2008, 10:01 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Our pooch went through Eastern Creek with no dramas. We weren't far away and did consider utilising the exercising area, but we figured it would just confuse her when we buggered off after an hour. The handlers are very friendly and have a direct number you can phone them on at any time to check how your pooch is doing.

Old Feb 24th 2008, 11:26 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

All 4 of ours ( at that time ) came thru Eastern Creek.. unscathed, and very envigorated from their holiday experience.

It isnt exactly a Sandals resort ... but they are very capable !
Old Feb 24th 2008, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank you everyone for your replies - I feel so much better now - can go back to planning and not cancelling my flights!!!
Old Feb 26th 2008, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute

Our dog arrived in through Eastern Creek - the staff are really helpful. You can phone up and chat to them about your pet(s), how they're getting on. They are assigned the same carer for the length of their stay so they see a familiar face. They'll take time if they have it to go visit your dog and give them some love!! You can also post toys to them - we sent a kong toy for him to chew on as he loves to chew (as our old walls can testify!)

And he came out looking fine, no thinner than usual (or fatter)
No worries, mate
Old Feb 26th 2008, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank you so much for that - feeling better about the whole thing now!
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:46 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I was worried about Gordon going through quarantine at Byford as he has severe behavioural issues with chewing stuff.

I emailed Byford with his dietary needs and a list of 'banned objects' and I had a prompt response thanking me for warning her and avoiding possible veterinary treatment. She also admitted to being quite excited at meeting 'such a character'.

It is a worry putting our pets through quarantine but it has to be done and Im just going to try not to worry.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kendalanita
Thank you soooooooo much for that, can't tell you how relieved I am to hear a happy story about it! My staffy will be bonkers by the time I pick him up as he is hyper all the time, the westie should be ok but saying that he loves his walks too. We will be in Canberra so gonna visit when we land in Sydney, then visit after two weeks then finally to collect them - this is just gonna kill us - you can probably tell we are absolutely besotted with our boys. I will email Eastern Creek later and ask what arrangement we can come to re the food. Many thanks for that - I was all for cancelling the whole thing earlier, there is no way I can contemplate going if they are not gonna be safe and sound at the other end! Cheers x
Hi we have just had our two staffies through eastern and both are pampered pooches and they have done great no probs at all both looked really well we rang every couple of days I could even hear the youngest dog howling (shes a talker) down the phone. Both looked very well when they arrived in cairns a couple of weeks ago. They had to stay overnight in bangkok which was very stressfull as there were probs with the plane but the 30 days were not extended so go for it.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Wow, thank you so much for that - mine are totally spoilt too and Alfie has a heart murmur so that's worrying me too! Where are you in Cairns? My daughter lives there (moved there last June) and the staffy is actually her little boy so she is desperate to see him. She may stop you and have a stroke cos she is staffy daft (mind you so are we now)!!! She cant wait to have one of her own once she has her own place up there - there's no way she is getting him back now!! Where abouts are you in Cairns?
Old Feb 27th 2008, 2:47 am
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future

Wow, thank you so much for that - mine are totally spoilt too and Alfie has a heart murmur so that's worrying me too! Where are you in Cairns? My daughter lives there (moved there last June) and the staffy is actually her little boy so she is desperate to see him. She may stop you and have a stroke cos she is staffy daft (mind you so are we now)!!! She cant wait to have one of her own once she has her own place up there - there's no way she is getting him back now!! Where abouts are you in Cairns?
Hi we live in kanimbla our girls are millie and cleo cleos 10ysr millies 4 so theyve done very well and are coping with the weather ok mind you they are indoor girls!!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

The Randalls will become famous soon enough

aaah Staffies..... add two more to that - eventually!!!
My Tess and Alfie are coming with us once the visa's through too!