Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Easter Weekend...what did you do?

Easter Weekend...what did you do?

Old Mar 24th 2008, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold
Default Easter Weekend...what did you do?

Friday - Finished building a hen run (or chook pen if you are now an aussie).

Saturday - Had an early easter egg hunt for the kids and too many of their friends in the garden, then went and bought some hens (punk rockers WTF). Hitched up the trailer and loaded the quad bikes, loaded up the car and headed to Lancelin (North of Perth).

Sunday - Fished of the Lancelin jetty, went to the sand dunes and spent around 4 hours on the quads, swam in the ocean and watched some guy have his 4x4 recovered after trying to launch his boat from the beach - check out the photo. I understand the car was full of sand and seaweed, it was in the water for 4 hours. Watch out auto trader and ebay next week!!! Headed back to Perth.

Monday - Played 18 holes at The Vines (and broke 90...not bad for me...even counted penalties!!)

All in all a great holiday weekend.
Attached Thumbnails Easter Weekend...what did you do?-dsc01132.jpg  
Old Mar 24th 2008, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Easter Weekend...what did you do?

Yesterday arvo checked out the new brewery off Old Coast Road.... evening went to a friend's 50th party
Old Mar 24th 2008, 2:20 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Friday - drove up to Darvel in Scotland to see friends, had few drinks
Saturday - went to Culzean castle, had good wander round, went for meal, had few drinks
Sunday- went ten pin bowling, had curry, had few drinks
Today - Drove back from Scotland, got stuck in traffic on M6, cleaned the fridge, done 2 loads washing so far got some more to do yet catchin up on BE

Need to dretox now

Joex
Old Mar 24th 2008, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

saveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to behold

I was in Fuengirola on the Costa Del Sol for a week - weather just about perfect circa 20/21 C, warm enough for shorts, cool enough to walk everywhere. I'm not sure which I'd choose between Spain and Sydney. I don't fancy the 'ex-pat' lifestyle. When I first went to OZ I mixed with Poms and Jocks for a couple of years before 'assimilating.' If I hated England's weather I think it might be nicer in Spain. Two and a half hour flight beats twenty-two that's for sure. I drove to Gibraltar on Good Friday and no traffic apart from queues at border control.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 3:25 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Went to Weymouth for the weekend,just got back

Jeeeeez it was cold....gotta love the UK

Lee
Old Mar 25th 2008, 8:56 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
Went to Weymouth for the weekend,just got back

Jeeeeez it was cold....gotta love the UK

Lee
but the company was great eh Lee?
Old Mar 25th 2008, 8:57 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri
but the company was great eh Lee?
Bloody hell kathy you said you wanted to keep it secret
Old Mar 25th 2008, 9:12 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

:[/QUOTE]

Generally froze !

Old Mar 25th 2008, 11:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

kjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Easter Weekend...what did you do?

friday - worked (for self)
saturday - worked at the salon
sunday - figured that that the small spots forming on my 6 year old maybe chickenpox then went to my mothers for sunday tea (always nicer when someone else cooks it dont you think)
made a snowman
monday - finally had a booked day off with OH and kids. chicken pox it is and head face and body covered and blistering woke in the night so all very tired
sorted more stuff to get rid.

back to work Tuesday

back to the daily grind now

kathx
Old Mar 25th 2008, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

JoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to all

Nowt