Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

E-mail - When you cancel broadband

E-mail - When you cancel broadband

Old May 17th 2009, 9:48 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E-mail - When you cancel broadband

Originally Posted by rightruccus
One of the reasons why i use Gmail. It's very good and doesn't limit size of download like hotmail does or did.
And you can link Gmail into Outlook, Mail etc. For new Hotmail accounts you need a subscribed account.
Old May 17th 2009, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

carlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant future

there are more and more sites that won't let you sign up to things if you have a web based email eg hotmail, gmail etc
Old May 17th 2009, 10:35 pm
Cad and bounder

perksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond repute

AOL do free email which you can access anywhere in the world. Certainly worth considering till you get a connection set up in Australia
Old May 17th 2009, 10:51 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by perksy
AOL do free email which you can access anywhere in the world. Certainly worth considering till you get a connection set up in Australia
They must have changed that since 2000. I had an aol.co.uk account and switched to aol.com.au, but they would not let me switch the emails overs, or keep the old email address.

I now have Gmail for most things, but all gmail emails are diverted to my own domain, and looked at with Outlook Express, but with a copy retained at gmail for ever.

I currently use 259MB or 3% of my 7,327MB limit. (4,842 emails stored)

Old May 17th 2009, 11:16 pm
Cad and bounder

perksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
They must have changed that since 2000. I had an aol.co.uk account and switched to aol.com.au, but they would not let me switch the emails overs, or keep the old email address.

I now have Gmail for most things, but all gmail emails are diverted to my own domain, and looked at with Outlook Express, but with a copy retained at gmail for ever.

I currently use 259MB or 3% of my 7,327MB limit. (4,842 emails stored)

https://new.aol.com/freeaolweb?ncid=...omocode=825297
Old May 17th 2009, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

smudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant future

I knocked BT yahoo on the head, when Sky gave me an 8gig connection for a fiver a month many moons ago. I can still log into my BT Yahoo account, Get these emails every quarter though

Your BT Yahoo! PAY-AS-YOU-GO account status

Dear *********

Please read this important message about your
*********@btinternet.com account

If you're using a BT Broadband or BT Total Broadband account
You have received this email because you haven't yet registered your original BT Yahoo! Pay-as-you-go email address as a broadband email address.

To keep your account, please call us on Freefone 0800 633 5335, selecting Option 3. (Lines open 8am to midnight.)

If you're using a BT Yahoo! Pay-as-you-go account
In a recent review, we found that you're registered as a BT Yahoo! Pay-as-you-go customer, but you haven't accessed your account using the BT Yahoo! Pay-as-you-go1 dialler for at least 30 days.

In our terms and conditions, which you accepted when you signed up for this service, you agreed to connect to the internet using this dial-up number at least every 90 days.

This email is to let you know that, unless you connect using your dial-up BT Yahoo! Pay-as-you-go service in the next 60 days, we'll assume that you no longer need your account and email address and we'll stop your service.

If you don't do anything, there'll be no further warnings from us and your account will be closed in 60 days' time.

If you still wish to use your BT Yahoo! Pay-as-you-go account, all you need to do is dial up using the BT Yahoo! Pay-as-you-go icon on your desktop, within the next 60 days.

If you no longer have this icon, you can easily download it here

Please note: to keep your account you must use this dialler every 90 days - accessing your email via webmail on another connection won't be sufficient.

Not bothered one way or the other, as i've used Gmail for years now. Oh and i've never had a pay as you go account
Old May 18th 2009, 9:32 pm
ABCDiamond

I see, AOL now do email accounts for non AOL members.
If they had offered that back then, I may still have been with AOL

Oh well, I'm happy with what I have now.

Old May 18th 2009, 10:06 pm
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold

Hotmail, AOL, Gmail etc are not without problems from a spam blocking perspective (incorrect mail getting blocked). Also an increasing number of sites do not allowing you to order with a free email account. I'm not sure about BE, but forum software often blocks free accounts too as many spammers use them.

If any one is interested in an email only account for less than a tenner a year - check the link in my signature.
Old May 18th 2009, 10:49 pm
Cad and bounder

Originally Posted by harrip
Hotmail, AOL, Gmail etc are not without problems from a spam blocking perspective (incorrect mail getting blocked). Also an increasing number of sites do not allowing you to order with a free email account. I'm not sure about BE, but forum software often blocks free accounts too as many spammers use them.

If any one is interested in an email only account for less than a tenner a year - check the link in my signature.
I've been using a FREE AOL mail account for years and never been blocked off a forum
Old May 19th 2009, 1:14 am
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by perksy
I've been using a FREE AOL mail account for years and never been blocked off a forum
I moderate a vBulletin forum and amoungst the many spam accounts that get registered are AOL and Hotmail accounts. I look at the country where the user is coming from and if, like many spam accounts, it is india or china, the account gets blocked. Less patient forum operators I know block all free email accounts and there is an automated tool available within vBulletin to do it. Your lucky that the forums you use do not subscribe to such tactics but this, and spam issues associated with free accounts is very common.
Old May 19th 2009, 10:31 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

I have heard AOL called AOHell a few times. Anyhow I strongly recommend people buy their own domain to avoid these issues. You can direct to hotmail, gmail and any ISP you want. You just need to set your e-mail address in the setup and you are off.It is very easy, you are not dependant on any ISP or webmail provider and you have control.

It has saved me lots of money by being able to follow broadband deals and I have accounts for the wife and kids.