Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Dying for a ......................

Dying for a ......................

Old Aug 17th 2009, 7:24 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dying for a ......................

Do you remember 'Secret' bars, 'Pyramints' (Terrys made em, they were a bit like an After Eight but in the shape of a pyramid) and Vice Versas? Vice Versas were stinkin honkin jivin! lol
Old Aug 17th 2009, 7:27 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

And in Northern Ireland we called the ice-cream man the 'pokey man' as he gave ye a poke! He used to sell those snooker ball bubblies which were huge and full of sugar, oh and sour monkeys too, like a huge sour haribo monkey! The best bubblies though were bazooka joes, a big long stick of bubblie you could blow up to the size of a bl**dy football! Also, jawbreakers and fireballs, boys a dear thon burnt the gub clean aff ye!
Old Aug 17th 2009, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Spangles and Toffos! And Space Dust!

Loved Pyramints!!!
Old Aug 17th 2009, 7:45 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
Spangles and Toffos! And Space Dust!

Loved Pyramints!!!
Yeah they were scrummy, but alas are no more!

Does anyone remember a bar which was just pure toffee and LOADS of peanuts covered in chocolate, the name 'starbar' keeps coming to mind, but I dont think thats right...mmmm

Also, who remembers those evil wee b*ggers, Victory V's?! What were they actually for? Just to give to people to hurt their mouths?! lol
Old Aug 17th 2009, 7:52 pm
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

[QUOTE=Jen1977ni;7851322]And in Northern Ireland we called the ice-cream man the 'pokey man' as he gave ye a poke! QUOTE]

In Scotland some of the older generation (my grandparents) call an ice-cream a pokey hat. I always thought it was cos the wafer cone was a hat shape. (Well sort of)
Old Aug 17th 2009, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

wannabe in oz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Yeah they were scrummy, but alas are no more!

Does anyone remember a bar which was just pure toffee and LOADS of peanuts covered in chocolate, the name 'starbar' keeps coming to mind, but I dont think thats right...mmmm

Also, who remembers those evil wee b*ggers, Victory V's?! What were they actually for? Just to give to people to hurt their mouths?! lol
was that the NUTTY bar??
Old Aug 17th 2009, 8:06 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by wannabe in oz
was that the NUTTY bar??
Not sure....or are you being a sarky divil!? lol
Old Aug 17th 2009, 8:08 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Just googled nutty bar and no, that wasn't it, this one was a nobbly bar and quite hard work to get through, though I always managed, ahem lol
Old Aug 17th 2009, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

wannabe in oz will become famous soon enough

i don't know then.that'll bug me now until i find out what it was called.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 8:58 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by wannabe in oz
i don't know then.that'll bug me now until i find out what it was called.
Ha...you'll have to go to Bickerstaffs (probably not spelt right) and ask if they remember!!! lol
Old Aug 17th 2009, 9:21 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Just googled nutty bar and no, that wasn't it, this one was a nobbly bar and quite hard work to get through, though I always managed, ahem lol
I think it was called Nut Bar or Nutty Bar...looked like a Picnic but tasted loads better..

http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/mtype2/w...es/nutty_bars/

Sorry...i don't know how to embed stuff....lol

Last edited by FlirtyKnickers; Aug 17th 2009 at 9:24 pm.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 9:26 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Packet of Pacers

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...e74/pacers.jpg

Ok, what sweets do you miss that are no longer around?
Showing your age I am 35 and never heard of em...

You don't mean a lion bar do you ?

I miss , well nothing but miss loads of UK stuff.

Battenburg

Swiss Rolls

Proper cheesecake

Cherry coke

Walnut whips

and the list goes on.

Last edited by Brisben; Aug 17th 2009 at 9:29 pm.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 9:28 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brisben
Showing your age I am 35 and never heard of em...

I miss , well nothing but miss loads of UK stuff.

Battenburg

Swiss Rolls

Proper cheesecake

Cherry coke

Walnut whips

and the list goes on.
I'll make you a nice cheesecake and send it over....
Old Aug 17th 2009, 9:30 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Texan bar
Old Aug 17th 2009, 9:30 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
I think it was called Nut Bar or Nutty Bar...looked like a Picnic but tasted loads better..

http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/mtype2/w...es/nutty_bars/

Sorry...i don't know how to embed stuff....lol
I think we're talking about the same bar, yum yum!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.